Rehraas Sahib?

in Rehraas Sahib there are pauris which have been written in the raag Aasaa (a morning raag), so why do we recite Rehraas in the evening??

also, who actually compiled Rehraas Sahib together??

My understanding of Raags is poor, so I am not that clued up on what raag is preformed when. But certainly with Gurbani there should be no time bounds, if that was the case then what would we do when carrying out the sewa of Sri Akhand Paths or Sri Sehaj Paths everytime we came to specific raags!

in Rehraas Sahib there are some saloks which have been written in the raag Aasaa (a morning raag), so why do we recite Rehraas in the evening??

in Rehraas Sahib there are pauris which have been written in the raag Aasaa (a morning raag), so why do we recite Rehraas in the evening??

My understanding of Raags is poor, so I am not that clued up on what raag is preformed when. But certainly with Gurbani there should be no time bounds, if that was the case then what would we do when carrying out the sewa of Sri Akhand Paths or Sri Sehaj Paths everytime we came to specific raags!

i love both these posts ....waheguru kirpa karan .... veer jee time of the day does not bound a sikh

if it is noon 12 pm and u have not done amritwela today ....one ardaas in guru jee's charan can make that time amritwela for u ...but that ardaas will have to b as if u r actually talking to guru granth saheb jee maharaj..coz only then u'll b able to listen to his reply

p.s dunt wait for him to make u hear his reply ..start listening to his reply ...i hope i make maself kinda clear pray.gif

Raags must be sung at the write times, as specified my maharaj. Reading bani as you do normally doesnt fall in this category. For instance you can read Asa di vaar when you wish to as it is bani and can be recited at your hearts content, all though it is written for the morning hence in Raag Asa.

key point: When singing ie. Kirtan it must be read at the right times according to the raag. Thats as much knowledge as i have on this topic. Please forgive for my mistakes.

Gurfateh

i think we sing banni in rags but cant read banni in rags as we do our nitname ....

like when in gurudwara sahib ragi singhs start rehras sahib .... they start singing it in rag but after then granthi singh sahib start reading in simple way ..... but in our home we dont sing first few pohris we just say them normaly ....

rags indicates how and when it should be singed not how its nitname should be done ....

Its a facet in Indian classical Music that ragas have certain time that they should be played.

But in Sikhi terms, because you're dealing with spirituality, you cant limit emotion to timing.

I ask you this: Do you have a certain time of the day when youre sad? A certain time when youre happy?

No. Because what you feel cannot be tied down to a certain hour.

Clear example within Guru Granth Sahib:

According to Indian Classical Music and present day granthis (Im not dissing them, they teach what theyve learned), Asa Raag should be sung in the morning. Hence Asa Ki // is sung only during Amrit Vela.

If that is the case, and were supposed to follow timings, then why does Asa appear in Rehras Sahib (an evening bani) ? Why does it appear in Kirtan Sohila (a night bani) ?

What you feel is what you feel. Timing is not important; feeling is.