Amrit : Brings Out The Worst?

Carpe Diem

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm really getting tired of all the preaching. It drives people away and just makes them want to rebel and shut you out, if only to spite you. Frankly, I think I was more into sikhi before I joined this site, but now...

i agree mate...i duno man...too much preaching man...not enough helping

and preaching isn't a form of help!!!

Vaheguruuu, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru

Referring to the original topic/title, veerjio, how can you even title the subject "Amrit: Brings out the worst?" Amrit is something only rare individuals can explain, only rare souls realize its essence and understand its importance, I'm certainly not one of them.

We CANNOT put a label like that on Amrit, because its something very pure and sacred. We have to dwell on the meaning of amrit, to truly feel it is to experience death (khand). Like the punj pyaare CHURN amrit during the amrit sanchaar and how the patassae that are so hard, they dissolve and become one with the amrit, sameway the pataasay of kaam, krodh, lobh, moh, ahankaar, that seem so sweet when we make best use of them through specific situations, we have to learn to churn the KHANDA OF NAAM so that they dissolve in this amrit. We have to keep churning the KHANDA OF NAAM. After taking amrit abhilekhees are imbued in naam, but its very hard to hold that inside. Without churning the same pataasay become hard again because they are not being churned and they become hard and sameway our mat-budh gets these blocks of kaam, krodh, lobh, moh, inside of us, and these blocks will affect our health and lead us to death, but by exercising the khandaa of naam this body stays healthy.

In life, many take amrit but that does not make you jeevan-mukt, only Guru Sahib can bestow that understanding and only he can make one jeevan-mukt, bottom line, we have to follow the teachings of GURU SAHIB, and instill those teachings only then can we ever understand the essence of amrit.

I just thought the title of the topic was wrong, so I'd share my two cents, Bhul chuk muaf. d_oh.gif

Vaheguruuu, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru

Referring to the original topic/title, veerjio, how can you even title the subject "Amrit: Brings out the worst?" Amrit is something only rare individuals can explain, only rare souls realize its essence and understand its importance, I'm certainly not one of them.

We CANNOT put a label like that on Amrit, because its something very pure and sacred. We have to dwell on the meaning of amrit, to truly feel it is to experience death (khand). Like the punj pyaare CHURN amrit during the amrit sanchaar and how the patassae that are so hard, they dissolve and become one with the amrit, sameway the pataasay of kaam, krodh, lobh, moh, ahankaar, that seem so sweet when we make best use of them through specific situations, we have to learn to churn the KHANDA OF NAAM so that they dissolve in this amrit. We have to keep churning the KHANDA OF NAAM. After taking amrit abhilekhees are imbued in naam, but its very hard to hold that inside. Without churning the same pataasay become hard again because they are not being churned and they become hard and sameway our mat-budh gets these blocks of kaam, krodh, lobh, moh, inside of us, and these blocks will affect our health and lead us to death, but by exercising the khandaa of naam this body stays healthy.

In life, many take amrit but that does not make you jeevan-mukt, only Guru Sahib can bestow that understanding and only he can make one jeevan-mukt, bottom line, we have to follow the teachings of GURU SAHIB, and instill those teachings only then can we ever understand the essence of amrit.

I just thought the title of the topic was wrong, so I'd share my two cents, Bhul chuk muaf. d_oh.gif

Vaheguru

thank you

d_oh.gif

vahegueu ji ka khalsa vaheguruu ji ki fateh

ermm i dont quite agree with you pajii, im saying this from my experience yeh. at my local gurwara,EVERYONE amrittaris and non-amrittaris(the youth) are equal, wee all get on with each other and have the most respect for each other, wee all sit down 2gether n have langer.

yeh i dooo agreee that people use the gurdwara has a dating club, but its not onli the amrittaris, yes if u have seen some it doesnt mean all yeh. n plus that u c shuudnt chnge ur mind about amrit beacuse you have 2 listen 2 waht guruu says, n if u have took amrit or are planning 2, u know what ur guru has sayed, cumm onn taking amrit the best ever thing tht u can dooo, never mind what people doo, the onli thing that shud matter 2 u is what ur going to doo

vaheguruu ji ka khalsa vaheguruu ji kai fateh

I hope by title i dont offend anyone.

ive seen a lot of people take amrit around me. People who ive known for a long time. And i dont know, it seems when they take amrit... their vices come into play more? The three main things are that they get more flirty (lustful), more big headed towards non amrit dhaaris and have more anger. The anger thing is normally when it comes to situations which upset the panth so i can kinda understand that to an extent. But the others i dont get at all. Flirting in Gurughars. And looking down upon others. Im confused, i thought receiving amrit makes you lowest of the low... doesnt it? :)

Please discuss maturely and references in Gurbani would be greatly appreciated.

may b a tes 4m guru ji