Kara Problem

SaRpAnCh

I was stopped today at random by a police officer,and he said to me you have got an offensive weapon on i go what??he goes an offensive weapon refering to my Kara,he claims its not a kara,its not a small thin kara,but a sizebaly small bulky kara i would say 1:3 inches wide ,its not sharp,and is sarbloh,so i questioned the Police officer about this,he said that according to him if you have 1 '5k' you must have all not to get aressted,as i am not an amritdhari i do not wear a kirpan,but i told him in Sikhi it does not say that i cannot wear a kara,if i havent chaked amrit yet,he contiued rambling im giving you a chane and blah blah blah,and said if i see you again with this'offensive weapon on' i will 'nick you' meaning arrest me.So then i walked of,after careful deliberation with fellow amritdhari sikhs,and elders i have come to the conclusion that i will continue to wear the same kara,and will not stop as one police offiver believed it was an offensive weapon,Its ironic i have been to Sikh protests in London,even on Aircraft with this kara,and they have never stopped me this one police officer just comes and dishes an order out that if he see me with it i will be arressted,and as far as i know my UK law there is no specific size of a kara that can be worn.

bro how comes your always getting into trouble with the police, whats up with that

lol,.....waheguru...

anyways you cant be arrested for wearing a kara as it is an article of the sikh faith, as long as you dont go around hitting people with it! If you were arrested for simply wearing it then you could create such a storm in the media that the officer who arrested you can have done under the race relations act and for religious discrimination.

bro how comes your always getting into trouble with the police, whats up with that

lol,.....waheguru...

anyways you cant be arrested for wearing a kara as it is an article of the sikh faith, as long as you dont go around hitting people with it! If you were arrested for simply wearing it then you could create such a storm in the media that the officer who arrested you can have done under the race relations act and for religious discrimination.

I havent used it agianst nobody,nor did i intend to when the pillock stopped me,but when i do get aressted,which i know i will,and by him and him only what do i say?or do?in the interview?

Dude, where the hell do you live?

Just don't do anything stupid or hot-headed if he tries to nick you. Act calm and have the phone number of a good solicitor with you always. If he takes you in, stay calm and get solicitor to come and explain it all to him rationally. I can't see them sticking a possesion charge on you over this.

next tym u are stopped by the police officer who says that only an amrithari is supposed to wear a kara all u have to say is that is ur interpretation of who is supposed to wear a kara. all u have to tell him is that it is a religious obligation to wear 1 and that u have a right to practice ur religion freely. bruv iv had the same problem, they tried to do me for possessing an offensive weapon, they cant make it stick bruv trust me. bruv dont ever be without ur shaster, u never kno when u will need it.

gurfateh

Dude, where the hell do you live?

Just don't do anything stupid or hot-headed if he tries to nick you. Act calm and have the phone number of a good solicitor with you always. If he takes you in, stay calm and get solicitor to come and explain it all to him rationally. I can't see them sticking a possesion charge on you over this.

I live in Heston West London,but was stopped in Southall,nobody else i know has ever had his problem in Southall of all places,Ive been told the copper is a stingy one looks for anything to get praise.

next tym u are stopped by the police officer who says that only an amrithari is supposed to wear a kara all u have to say is that is ur interpretation of who is supposed to wear a kara. all u have to tell him is that it is a religious obligation to wear 1 and that u have a right to practice ur religion freely. bruv iv had the same problem, they tried to do me for possessing an offensive weapon, they cant make it stick bruv trust me. bruv dont ever be without ur shaster, u never kno when u will need it.

gurfateh

Thanks bro,nice to know i got Singhs who understand and support me in this matter

sarpanch you r 100% in the right. I asked my mate who is a lawyer, and he told me this

It is your right under the ECHR article 9 or something to be allowed to practise your religion freely.

The karra is a first tbh, i think hes just being a badass. If he does anything, even an arrest theres not even a 1% chance of you getting charged, the court will laugh it out, and then u can sue for wrongful arrest and discrimination!

See this as a test from Maharaj, you are blessed to be given a chance to prove how much piyaar u got for maharaj!

awww vechara lol

but yahh this coppers dont even know what there chatin bout they jus go like this:

'Sera oscar 123, sera oscar, we have a 6ft Sikh fella wearin a metal bangle....

we may need back up, get the squad team in on the double, oh and a box of fresh doughnuts - Over'

lol u see it on Crime Watch, or The Bill lol they then go on bout sum Act of '85 of some police force emhi talk...