Gursikhs Attitude Towards Non Gursikhs

G.I JATT

Perveted Mone (especially in punjab) cut their hair and think they have become SUPERMAN.

And only go to Gurdwara to perve on women and men alike.

They spend 3 hours sorting out their Rumaal on their head.

Speaking from my experience.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

not all moneh are like that however most amritdharis are, and your talking about moneh being perverted, the gianis are the worst sexually deprived guys in the gurudwara, when they sit together they talk about all kinds of <admin-profanity filter activated> and in every sentance use the word <admin-cut>. and your saying that these fat guys are role models?

and im also talking from experience

Mod note: children use this forum so watch your language in future.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry for offending any one what i was saying.....

Action needs to be taken before the only wise Gurmukh Kesdhari left is the Granthi itself.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

yes and that action should be taken up by the gurudware holding classes about sikh history for the whole community, this isnt happening, all that is happening is gurudware getting random kirtani jathas to come and singh flippin nursery rhymes and not enough raag where tanti saaj are used, and not enough katha vachak.

our gurudware need to start doing this instead of sitting on their lazy fat arses doing sweet nothing!

WJKK WJKF

Alot of people are using words like amritdhari vs sehejdhari but i doubt they realize the true meaning of these words.

Just to clearify the meanings of the obove used terms

Amritdhari = A person who has taken amrit

sikh = someone who has taken amrit (AMRITDHARI)!!!!!!

Gursikh = some one who is the sikh of my guru (AMRITDHARI)!!!!!

Sehejdhari = a amritdhari who by the divine grace of satguru jee has reached the divine sehej state through amrit (AMRITDHARI)!!!!!

Keshdhari = someone who is keeping there hair (non amrithdhari-non sikh)

Monas and keshdharis = Patit, have nothing to do with sikhi and have no right to call themselves sikh!!!!!!!!

END OF STORY

These definitions are based on basic sikh rehat maryada and gurubani

and think about where you fit in

just because some people are insecure about your identity does not give you the right to bad mouth sikhs and lower the standard for your own purposes.

people read gurbani and find out what it means to call oneself a sikh.

HAMARI PYARI AMRITDHARI GUR NIMAKH NA MUN TE TARI RE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

Alot of people are using words like amritdhari vs sehejdhari but i doubt they realize the true meaning of these words.

Just to clearify the meanings of the obove used terms

Amritdhari = A person who has taken amrit

sikh = someone who has taken amrit (AMRITDHARI)!!!!!!

Gursikh = some one who is the sikh of my guru (AMRITDHARI)!!!!!

Sehejdhari = a amritdhari who by the divine grace of satguru jee has reached the divine sehej state through amrit (AMRITDHARI)!!!!!

Keshdhari = someone who is keeping there hair (non amrithdhari-non sikh)

Monas and keshdharis = Patit, have nothing to do with sikhi and have no right to call themselves sikh!!!!!!!!

END OF STORY

These definitions are based on basic sikh rehat maryada and gurubani

and think about where you fit in

just because some people are insecure about your identity does not give you the right to bad mouth sikhs and lower the standard for your own purposes.

people read gurbani and find out what it means to call oneself a sikh.

HAMARI PYARI AMRITDHARI GUR NIMAKH NA MUN TE TARI RE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WJKK WJKF

If anybody needs to do his or her research here, it’s you.

What is a sehajdhari?

The Sehajdharis are those Sikhs who though born in non-Sikh families are Sikhs who “perform ceremonies according to Sikh rites” and who do not “use Tobacco or Kutha (Halal meat) in any form” and who are not “Patit” and “who can recite Mul Mantar”, as defined in Section 10-A of the 1925 Gurdwaras Act. Keep in mind that these people don't follow the 5 K's.

What is a Patit?

“Patit” means a person who being a keshadhari Sikh trims or shaves his beard or keshas or who after taking amrit commits any one or more of the kurahits].” - THE SIKH GURDWARAS ACT, 1925.

What is a “mona”?

“Mona” is someone born in a Sikh family that doesn’t follow the 5 K’s at all (meaning they never wore the 5 k's in their entire life), but follow and perform other Sikh ceremonies. (Like the baby name ceremony, sikh marriage ceremony etc...)

But hey, I think you people need to re-write your history books. By using your logic, a lot of people weren’t Sikhs including Maharaja Ranjit Singh and Shaheed Udham Singh.

Look I know for a fact that the vast majority (not all!) of Sikhs that were giving sulay (who were taking big liberties with the panth) in the U.K. a run for their money were monay. Yes some keshdhari/amritdhari Sikhs were involved but they were in the minority. In fact many of the ones who did grow their hair later were monay previously. Talk to anyone around in the scene in the mid to late 90s in London and they will confirm that.

The truth be told, the SP crew came from a really diverse range of backgrounds but what did unite them was the fact that all Sikhs were being targetted, esp. girls. This had the (what now seems) temporary effect of making all types of Sikhs view each other as brothers. It was a good feeling.

What I think IS really sad today is how so-called Gursikhs throw labels around like manmukh to anyone who doesn't conform to their ideas of what a Sikh should be. Some actually extend this to all not amritdharis. I made a point before on this site that this is ridiculous. If an atheist doctor with a haircut who drank occasionally performed an operation on you or a member of your family to save them from a serious illness would you still look down on them in this way?

So my point is that many so-called "manmukhs" according to this way of thinking are actually better than some pompous amritdharis. A brother made a point about amritdharis being prone to all the character defects that the rest of humanity suffers from. This is why I don't believe amrit is for everyone. Such people should not even consider taking amrit until they resolve these issues in themselves. Many people who do take amrit don't and the end result is that many people who experience interaction with them go away thinking "what a bunch of t w a t s they are! That is what I think is behind post such as these.

There seems to be no quality of bunday taking amrit nowerdays. Before lots of people used to look up to them, not so now. This isn't helped by the fact that all of the corrupt politicians in the Punjab also hide behind the external roop of the Khalsa and do all sorts of bad crap. And it is true that when action goes down on a street level, it is usually sehajdharis at the forefront.

Where is the house cleaning by the progressive members of the Khalsa? There used to be a Khalsa ideal when I was growing up of a noble, liberal person who bravely stood up against oppression i.e. a saint-soldiers. This doesn't even seem to exist anymore! Instead people seem to be rigidly hiding behind really strict interpretations of Gurmat that are totally oblivious to wider social and political concerns that Sikhs have. Pragmatism or realism is a requirement to survive in this world. Sikhs have gone from being a powerful political and military force (pre-Anglo-Sikh wars)to becoming tamed and oppressed in their own homeland. Corruption has set in all our institutes (SGPC and Akali Dal). How can an amritdhari look down on any other Sikh under these circumstances? Should they be more vexed at amritdharis who are destroying the panth from within?

No offence intended folks but we need to discuss these things!

Thank you for clearing up this whole "SP" issue.