Please Come Out!

also note though, singh, that many of those abusers are 'repeat offenders'... so... where to draw the line?... if sum1 is talkin smack to u over pm .. tha's one thing.. buh threatenin u n ur family n wha not, tha's another...

this is a predominently YOUTH forum... most of us are here to learn.. jus like at school, there's no room for threats... same ting wit here... this is also a school.. a place of learnin..

Heera Singh jio, I understand where u coming from, but do u actually believe that person is going to hurt you or your family in real life. Making those statements is nothing more than a sign of immaturity and not understanding the Sikhi principles. You need to help someone like him and not ban em from using the forum or even go on to pess charges as some1 mentioned. If again and again you show that you respect their views, even thought they are conflicting with your's, I think at one point that person will understand what is right and what needs to be done. You can't reason with foolishness using hate and anger, it just goes on affecting the entire sangat.

WJKK WJKF

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peacemaker

I guess I don't take this forum as serious as you to really get upset. I don't learn much about sikhi from the internet, so I don't really care what goes on here. I just come here to relax and could give a pigeon's feather what people do or do not discuss.

waheguru kaljug. sadly, i've seen the quality of this forum go down consistently, (i'm to blame as well, with my random posts blush.gif ) so much so that i've repeatedly thought about leaving the forum. but everytime my buddies talk me outta it.

anyways, i don't think that gupt section should be taken out at all. it is a very valueable resource for members/guests. correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't all posts by guest approved by mods anyway? so whats the problem?

i've noticed that all the "fights" start mostly in the general section. so it is the members that are to blame. instead of putting all the work on mods/admin we as members of this forum can help improve the quality.

for example, we should use the REPORT IT feature more often. as soon as someone sees a hate/threatening post report it so that it can be removed. now i do realize that mods/admins have jobs/family/personal life and can't monitor the forum 24/7. one solution to that is have mods in different time zones and every mod should submit a rough schedule to admin saying which times they are most likely to be on the forum. also, somone who is on the forum quite a bit *hint hint* tongue.gif can be made a mod for monitoring purposes. this should improve the quality of this forum drastically.

now, regarding the PM problem. the best we can do is ask members to report any hateful/threatning PM and then admin should not hesistate to take legal action against the culprit. one thing admin might want to look at is have a copy of all PMs saved somehwere on the server. i realize there is overhead associated with that, but thats the only way we can be sure that the reporting memeber has not modified the PM in any manner or reported only bits and pieces of the original PM

Heera Singh jio, I understand where u coming from, but do u actually believe that person is going to hurt you or your family in real life. Making those statements is nothing more than a sign of immaturity and not understanding the Sikhi principles. You need to help someone like him and not ban em from using the forum or even go on to pess charges as some1 mentioned. If again and again you show that you respect their views, even thought they are conflicting with your's, I think at one point that person will understand what is right and what needs to be done. You can't reason with foolishness using hate and anger, it just goes on affecting the entire sangat.

WJKK WJKF

whether its just an immature comment or not, we need to take this seriously and get proper authorities involved.

Something does need to be done ASAP about all the lousy posts recently. I mean we’re called Sikhsangat, what is sangat for? We all read Gurbani but do we understand it? Maybe I'm just being dumb but I take sikhsangat.com literally to be doing sangat, sharing vichaar, learning from others, being helped by others, being inspired by others, and lately all we have been getting is heaps of abuse.

This place is an opportunity for sangat to collaborate from across the globe, its so amazing to read and know Sikhs are flourishing in different parts of the world, we can come together to help, share, learn, develop, yet we waste this time by being childish and petty!! we blame our parents and older generations for messing things up, but have we learnt anything from their mistakes?

is this how we behave in day to day living? hurling abuse, sending death threats, is this how you behave when you go to sangat at Gurudwara? Vah, what a great picture we paint to visitors, is this sort of behaviour going to be applauded? will it get us into sachkhand with bright shining souls?

what happened to Khalsa? the order of the pure ones? we’ve become so uptight about the purity of others we’re letting our own jeevans fall. so what if one person believes keski is kakkar or kesh is kakaar or raagmala is bani or not bani, why look at the differences? why not the similarities? you've given your head, your life, your everything to Guru ji, you do simran, you recite Gurbani, you do seva, you attend Gurdwara, you do kirtan, you look the same! the list of similarities is endless, why nit pick one or two minor differences?

just because we are sitting thousands of miles away from each other behind computer screens does not mean that our words and conduct via sikhsangat does not have consequences.

frankly if you don’t have anything positive to contribute then don't bother posting for the sake of increasing you post count. sikhsangat has never been about numbers, yeah we may have thousands of members but not even half of them contribute and from those that do contribute only a small % actually have something worth reading and learning from.

sikhsangat.com isn’t a place for warranting hatred, abuse, death threats and foul language. if this is what you want to do then by all means go somewhere else.

the Moderation Team are working collectively alongside Admin to bring positive change to the forum

we hope, all, if not most, members will be on our side also

God bless

VJKK VJKF

what happened to Khalsa?

Well people have divided 'Khalsa' in to different sects i.e. nihang, tat, bandhai and alsorts of sects within khalsa, failing to realise, there is only one KHALSA nothing else, when will people get this in to their skulls? ....and what they fail to realise is that they are doing more PAAP and also doing ghandhay kam and adding extra silly things to the origiinal Guru ji's KHALSA and dilute everything and the information is disseminated to all people who would believe them (LIKE US) and saying "we are khalsa".

we can't worry about what other people do, because those are their politics, and this is ours. This is our forum and our forum shouldn't be touched by politics from people we have no say about. What's the use in complaining about this person or that person if that person is never going to hear what we have to say about them?

ok fair enough people shouldnt threaten u in PM. the whole thing about burning the house down with u inside is rong. U know it aint gonna actually happen lol its just net talk. but it shundt be excused. its not the right actions of a sikh to threaten on pm, but having said this why did u call him an <banned word filter activated> 2 begin with??? its not right for some1 2 call soem1 an <banned word filter activated> also.

u both in the rong. we cannot assert our superioority on sum1 because it creates anger in the minds of people. we have to talk to them with love and respect then we can accomplish our goals even if people differ in opinion.

There's a difference between calling someone an <banned word filter activated>, and threatening to kill them. Further, Heera didn't call him an <banned word filter activated>. I did. And rightly so, he was threatening someone else's life. That isn't something you do at all if you want to be a sikh. I've got a feeling that you're taking this too lightly, because this is a serious offence.

i'm reminded of 4 dayz ago.. where we got a message from admins that tha site was gonna shut down... all the posts deleted n wha not... some peepz had a frenzy... buh.. i also posted on that same thread that MAYBE we need a fresh start...

my own opinion on makin this forum a GOOD place to be?

1. REMOVE gupt section - (at least for the time being) most of the ruckus started once the gupt section was brought about... until we can find a way to properly monitor and clean up the gupt section, we shud have it removed.. (either temporarily or permanently)

2. PERHAPS completely wipe out SS... all da threads... everytin.. start fresh... we have SO many useless topics on here.. it'd be hard to delete them one by one... tha's tha more drastic change.. buh sumtimes change is good... i personally feel dat it wud be in the best interest to start fresh....

i dun wanna go so far as havin to have every post/thread approved before posting.. buh if things continue how they are now, we prolly will have to end up doin dat... eventually it will lead to da shuttin down of SS ...

i encourage all to give their opinions on how to make SS a better place to LEARN... nah only dat, it shud be a good place for sangat to get together...

Blessed Love!!

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

i agree 100%

but admin should go further.

GET RID OF THE PM FUNCTION!!! its nothing but trouble

delete all posts, start again

get rid of gupt section

moderate all posts before approval

once you have banned a member, dont let someone with the same IP sign up to the forum!!!

ok, reading that back its a lot of work for admin. but its got to be done!

you can disable the pm function yourself if you want to, it's in your controls in the options section.

the pm funcion is good, for continuing topics further for a debate or even general talk.

somethings that cannot be discussed on main can be discussed on pm. sometimes when u discuss things on main people start crying or go mad in general. so pm is usefull.

IF admin bans people then its just trying to silence a voice.

approving topics before they are put up may mean some topics dont even get put up.

sikhsangat.com is a place where we can discuss controversial topics with different views. we have 2 know that our view isnt the only view out there.

If there is som1 wiser then we can learn a lesson.

when you look at it like that...

maybe admin could check pm's of people under moderation (if thats possible)

or take that privilege away from those who abuse it

banning people may be silencing a vioce, but if that vioce is abusive, rude etc it needs to be done

maybe we jus need stricter moderation

Very possible to do.

also note though, singh, that many of those abusers are 'repeat offenders'... so... where to draw the line?... if sum1 is talkin smack to u over pm .. tha's one thing.. buh threatenin u n ur family n wha not, tha's another...

this is a predominently YOUTH forum... most of us are here to learn.. jus like at school, there's no room for threats... same ting wit here... this is also a school.. a place of learnin..

agreed, repeat offenders need to be banned altogether. not just their id's, but their IP adresses should be banned from the site altogether so that they can't view anything.

I guess I don't take this forum as serious as you to really get upset. I don't learn much about sikhi from the internet, so I don't really care what goes on here. I just come here to relax and could give a pigeon's feather what people do or do not discuss.

high5.gif

yes and conveniently you always have "something to do" when we talk about sikhi on msn rolleyes.gif

well its clear you dont come here to learn, some of us do. :TH:

oh and its not a matter of getting upset because someone ruins a thread, its the threats that are not right :umm: and you know you will be the first one getting all freaked out if someone sent you a threat. rolleyes.gif

Guest peacemaker
chill uncle Papi (hispanic lady :umm: )

LOL.gif @ Bad Girl

I will agree the death threats and any threats of any kind I will never condone. But people have been complaining about this site since I've been a member. I'm tired of the talk...WHERE IS THE ACTION?!! WHERE ARE THE RESULTS????? Enough is enough and it's time for a change! Don't just rely on the Admin and Mods to change the site. They can't do it alone. It's up to all of us to put in the effort.

Hey, I must go to about 10 different forums, why is it that this one always has some kind of drama? Even manmat forums are more peaceful than this place.