Nihang Rehat?

nihang means without desire

gursikh means one who places the Guru order before his own mind.

how to becoem a nihang? mmmmmm.

i guess it means to lose your desire for seflifh reasons and to fight without fear for your Gurus order.

duz this answer your q?

Gurfateh !

Shall we get back to the original question and stop the mudslinging ?

Here is the "Gursikhan di Puratan Maryada" from the Buddha Dal 'Khalsa Sunder Gutka' (apologies for the quality of the scans - I did them in a hurry a while ago )

Those looking for 'controversial' or 'divisive' areas will find none - the rehat is 'acceptable' to all Gursikh 'jathas' and groups.

My Benti to all is that we all try to live by these 'Asools' and 'Niyams' (rules and directives) especially point 32 - "Sikh - Sikh te Vaar na Karey "

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh !

scan10044qs8.jpg

scan10046pe4.jpg

scan10049py1.jpg

scan10050rr8.jpg

scan10051sp4.jpg

scan10052ju1.jpg

scan10053ob5.jpg

scan10054ep0.jpg

* taken from 'Khalsa Sunder Gutka' - Published by Singh Sahib Jathedar Baba Santa Singh ji, Shromani Panth Akali Buddha Dal, Panjvan Takht Chalda Vaheer - Punjab (Hindustan) - (available from CSJS Amritsar)

Gurfateh !

I just thought some may take this comment ;

"Those looking for 'controversial' or 'divisive' areas will find none - the rehat is 'acceptable' to all Gursikh 'jathas' and groups."

as an excuse to bring in the AKJ and the old 'Keski' arguement - this can be solved by point 26 (੨੬ ੳ )

which states " Singh Singhni Kesan naal Kesgi neeli zaroor rakhey" - which , at least in my eyes (as Kesgi and keski are pretty much the same thing) means the Rehat is acceptable to all Gursikh 'jathas'/'groups'

can we have less petty squabbling now ?

I read the rehit and yes point 32 is something to be considered and implemented, not only nihungs but every sikh should have respect for fellow sikhs. i guess i got a false picture of nihungs from this forum and because of the nihung from UK. I forgot his name.

The only big diff. in this rehit is the jhatka meat. It is a personal choice and no rehit forces you to eat meat. So yeah thats why i call jassa singh my brother :TH: and i request other nihung singhs on the forum to not indulge in slandering other jathabandis. Same applies for the singhs from other jathabandis.

I read the rehit and yes point 32 is something to be considered and implemented, not only nihungs but every sikh should have respect for fellow sikhs. i guess i got a false picture of nihungs from this forum and because of the nihung from UK. I forgot his name.

The only big diff. in this rehit is the jhatka meat. It is a personal choice and no rehit forces you to eat meat. So yeah thats why i call jassa singh my brother :TH: and i request other nihung singhs on the forum to not indulge in slandering other jathabandis. Same applies for the singhs from other jathabandis.

woohoo.gif Yay! Im sending all Nihungs on this forum and around the world a great big brotherly Hug! high5.gif #1 partytime.gif

O except for that UK one and his crew cos they are horrible and swear at other Sikhs and just generally gives nasty looks like hes constipated. I'll just give em a handshake! :@

and whats wrong with Guru Gobind Singh Jis Rehat Maryadha?

Is there something more special about other maryadha. As I understood there was only ONE rehat maryadha assigned by the tenth Tenth Master, why change it? *Confused*

Bhul Chuk maaf

budhdal has oldest and unchanged mareyada .... unchanged unedited not influnced by any mahapursh or sant .... its true and real .... budhdals mareyada is as stated by dasme pita while giving amrit to punj peyare in 1699 .... unlike other mareyadas edited over and over again ..... rolleyes.gif

Right...thats makes sense now! and how do we know it is unchanged and unedited, this is my next question, is there any evidence to suggest that this maryadha is unchanged and unedited? I am asking this because is over 300 years ago since the Khalsa was born.

This is not an argument..I am simply collecting the facts, so that I can learn too.

well if u want evidence it should be of year in which its edited .... how should i say 1699 unedited 1700 unedited 1701 unedited ---- 2007 unedited .... there is no historical event unlike many other sampardas that budhadal has changed some part of rehat .... its coming same generation by generation .... its the mareyada father told to his son and then its told to its grand son and so on .... unlike 5 singh sahiban or sants sat down one day some where and edit the mareyada according to their mind set and speak out next day that this is true mareyada ....

every samparda has come out of budhadal .... so in order to make sure they are different from the dal they are different singh ... they follow different panth they edit the mareyada .... but the base is still the rehat of budhadal ....

Is there something more special about other maryadha. As I understood there was only ONE rehat maryadha assigned by the tenth Tenth Master, why change it? *Confused*

Bhul Chuk maaf

budhdal has oldest and unchanged mareyada .... unchanged unedited not influnced by any mahapursh or sant .... its true and real .... budhdals mareyada is as stated by dasme pita while giving amrit to punj peyare in 1699 .... unlike other mareyadas edited over and over again ..... rolleyes.gif

One more thing, can you tell me the difference between 'Buddha dhal' and 'Tarna dhal'. Baba Nihal Singh Ji is very close to my family and has visited us many times in the Uk in our house and he is the Jathedhar of Tarna dhal as I understand, but I wanted to know the difference. The first time I had a turban was when he tied the turban on me himself and called for me from the Gurdwara in the UK, so I do respect him. I am complete new to the nihang concept tho, so please bear with me. :@

Buddha Dal - older Sikhs

Taruna Dal - younger Sikhs

divided by age i think...

it was time when singhs ( as there was no other jathebandi in singhs then all singhs were nihangs ) number rose to 80000 there movement as one jatha became difficult .... making langer for 80000 at one place .... tents etc .... so it was decided to divide khalsa panth in two groups each have different langar different tents and movement .... then tha dal was known as khalsa dal .... so on the bases of age 40+ singhs were kept in different jatha and bhujangis less then 40 years of age ... above 40 years singhs jatha was known as budhadal and other jatha was known as tarna dal .... later tarna dals number also increased repidly then budhadal as more and more youth was attracted towards khalsa panth and they joined tarna dal because of age .... later tarna dal was divided into five parts ...

first it was khalsa dal which was divided into budhadal and tarna dal .... and the mareyada and rehat was same in both dals as the mareyada was in khalsa dal .... and khalsa dal started from 5 nihang singhs and baba banda singh bahadar which guru gobind singh ji send to punjab .... these 6 singhs and singhs joined them as part of khalsa army use to call them self khalsa dal

so guru gobind singh jis mareyada = khalsa dals mareyada = budhadal and tarnadals mareyada .....

Bhul Chuk maaf

That's strange because Budha Dal didn't exist in 1699 and neither did the Nihangs grin.gif

Budha Dal came about in the 1730s and the present Budha Dal of Santa Singh has only the faintest connection with that Budha Dal.

See http://www.amritworld.com/nihangs/index.html for a scholarly analysis of Nihangs :TH:

If you want fairy stories go to the sanatan websites rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif when will u get a hobby dear ?????

The Amritworld website is based on analysis while the sanantan website or the fairy stories that Nihangs like Jassa subscribe to are based on so and so said this and that. When you start to believe in fairy stories it's difficult to stop and then you will believe things such as Nihangs were involved in the war between the Devi and the Rakshashs. Even though if such an event ever took place it would place that event tens of thousands of years before the Nihangs came into existence out of the remnants of the Misl Shaheedan. Simple fact Guru Gobind Singh created the Khalsa in 1699 and Nihangs. The majority of Sikhs of Dal Khalsa were never Nihangs because no such thing as a Nihang existed at that time. Amrit Singh gives a good analysis of the word Nihang and how it's use as a member of the Budha Dal has been projected back into history. Nihang as a word for a wandering Sikh warrior was first used in the 1880s. Some of the ironic things to come out of Amrit Singh's research is that some of the descendents of the Misl Shaheedan ( Haryana Sikh states ) actively aided the British during their assault on the Khalsa Army. Not quite in line with the malesh Khalsa concept that UK Nihangs cast on mainstream Sikhs.

Basic history for those who are interested in historical research and analysis and not old wives' tales.

1699 - Guru Gobind Singh creates the Khalsa Panth. No mention made of Nihangs by Javi Sainapat writer of the contemporay events in Sri Guru Sobha. No mention of Farlas or Dumalas or anything that can be classed Nihangism. Just Khalsa and non-Khalsa Sikhs.

1708 - 1716 Banda Singh Bahadur is Jathedar of Khalsa Panth

1716-1720 Banda Singh's forces split into Tat Kalsa and Bandai Khalsa ( still no Budha Dal or Nihangs exist)

1720s to 1730s Tat Khalsa gains upper hand over Bandai Khalsa

1730s Tat Khalsa creates Budha Dal and Tarna Dal of Khalsa.

1750s to 1760s Budha Dal and Tarna Dal gain control of most of Punjab

1770s to 1801 Dal Khalsa spilts into various Misls. Only Misl Shaheedan exists as a moving band whilst other Misls settle down back to settled life

1801-1849 Khalsa state, the Akalis or proto-Nihangs exist only as roving bands and create problems for the Khalsa Sarkar as well mainstream Sikhs. Some members of Misl Shaheedan settle down as well in Haryana and become mainstream Sikhs.

1849 With the British annexation Akalis or proto-Nihangs either disarm same as the general population or lead a roving existence

1850s to 1900 Various bands of Akalis now known as Nihangs exist, some are in Nander. One Band has to ask British permission to move back to Punjab.

1880s Budha Dal revived by bands of Nihangs moving back to Punjab. Having lived in a non-Sikh environment some of the Nihang culture is characterised by the adoption of Sakat and Shivaite practices which were strong in the Punjab hills.

1984 Budha Dal betrays the Panth and gains support from Indian government

No much of a history for Nihangs but then again history is never pretty so I can guess the reason why some people need to believe in hidden knowledge and hidden scriptures.

First of all why u want to make it one samparda against other ????? get over ur jealousy that will help u lot else keep on trying to prove false stuff that nihangs are nothing anti dumalla anti farla ..... and in dargha dasme pitta will ask u .... u call ur self a sikh but read ur post full of hatered and only nindeya .... good going keep it up .... guru sahib is proud of u .... the only thing missing this time was ur translations of gurubani to prove nihang are not singhs ..... d_oh.gif .....

The Amritworld website is based on analysis while the sanantan website or the fairy stories that Nihangs like Jassa subscribe to are based on so and so said this and that.

which fairy story i have talked in my post ????? or the truth is a fairy story for u .....

When you start to believe in fairy stories it's difficult to stop and then you will believe things such as Nihangs were involved in the war between the Devi and the Rakshashs. Even though if such an event ever took place it would place that event tens of thousands of years before the Nihangs came into existence out of the remnants of the Misl Shaheedan. Simple fact Guru Gobind Singh created the Khalsa in 1699 and Nihangs. Amrit Singh gives a good analysis of the word Nihang and how it's use as a member of the Budha Dal has beeThe majority of Sikhs of Dal Khalsa were never Nihangs because no such thing as a Nihang existed at that time. Nihang as a word for a wandering Sikh warrior was first used in the 1880s. Some of the ironic things to come out of Amrit Singh's research is that some of the descendents of the Misl Shaheedan ( Haryana Sikh states ) actively aided the British during their assault on the Khalsa Army. Not quite in line with the malesh Khalsa concept that UK Nihangs cast on mainstream Sikhs.

nihang word is even used in bachitar natak .... all i can see on that website is according to baba randhir singh and this that .....

The Nihangs roared…

The Nihangs moved about the battlefield...

Martyred are the Nihangs.

('Bachitter Natak')

can i hindu tell about history of singhs ??? no .... RSS cant speak out true facts about sikhs because they are afraid of chardikalla of singhs the want to change their history .... so they are providing wrong and self made facts ... same is the case with non nihangs like u .... they always came up with self made points and die trying to prove wrong stuff .... god bless ....

Basic history for those who are interested in historical research and analysis and not old wives' tales.

1699 - Guru Gobind Singh creates the Khalsa Panth. No mention made of Nihangs by Javi Sainapat writer of the contemporay events in Sri Guru Sobha. No mention of Farlas or Dumalas or anything that can be classed Nihangism. Just Khalsa and non-Khalsa Sikhs.

1708 - 1716 Banda Singh Bahadur is Jathedar of Khalsa Panth

1716-1720 Banda Singh's forces split into Tat Kalsa and Bandai Khalsa ( still no Budha Dal or Nihangs exist)

1720s to 1730s Tat Khalsa gains upper hand over Bandai Khalsa

1730s Tat Khalsa creates Budha Dal and Tarna Dal of Khalsa.

1750s to 1760s Budha Dal and Tarna Dal gain control of most of Punjab

1770s to 1801 Dal Khalsa spilts into various Misls. Only Misl Shaheedan exists as a moving band whilst other Misls settle down back to settled life

1801-1849 Khalsa state, the Akalis or proto-Nihangs exist only as roving bands and create problems for the Khalsa Sarkar as well mainstream Sikhs. Some members of Misl Shaheedan settle down as well in Haryana and become mainstream Sikhs.

1849 With the British annexation Akalis or proto-Nihangs either disarm same as the general population or lead a roving existence

1850s to 1900 Various bands of Akalis now known as Nihangs exist, some are in Nander. One Band has to ask British permission to move back to Punjab.

1880s Budha Dal revived by bands of Nihangs moving back to Punjab. Having lived in a non-Sikh environment some of the Nihang culture is characterised by the adoption of Sakat and Shivaite practices which were strong in the Punjab hills.

1984 Budha Dal betrays the Panth and gains support from Indian government

yep no mention of dumallas singhs wear patkas at that time .... rolleyes.gif ... ok u tell me what do singhs wear then ???? if not dumallas

banda bhadar was a farla dhari singh .... get over it now !!!!

he with 5 nihang singhs call them self khalsa dal .... which dasme pita send from hajjor sahib to punjab ....

yep one of proto nihang who was creating problems were akali nihang baba phoola singh ....

lol u will keep on hating singhs .... so keep it up and if u still want to prove ur false theory about the singhs go ahead and translate some gurubani from adi shri guru granth sahib as u always do pray.gif

few famous nihang singhs of past ...

baba binod singh

jassa singh alluwalia

jassa singh ramgarhia

bhai tarro singh

bhai sukha singh

bhai mehtab singh

baba deep singh

baba charat singh ( grandfather of maharaja ranjit singh )

and the list is endless ....

may god bless all the haters of the panth with some satbudhi ....

AKAAAAAAL