Updated my site...

Mkhalsa

I have an amritdhari friend who was refused to do seva in the langar in India by AKJ ppl and when asked why, one person said that he did not take amrit from AKJ.

Sorry, i mean in this situation, It might of had been Bebikee langar. Bebikee langar can only be served by bebikee singhs. It would not be right for them to allow a none bebikee to serve food that might be also for some bebikee singhs. If their were bebikee singhs eating langar, then they would not eat it if it is being served or prepared by a none bebikee. There best solution must of had been not to let any none bebikees touch the food, so this way everyone can eat it. Im sure it was not a matter of being AKJ or not.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kes mentioned during Amrit Sanchar by AKJ, because anyone can wear keski even if he/she cuts, trims, or shaves his/her head?
One of the Bujjar Kurehits is doing beadbi of Kes, and regardless of whatever the Punj Pyare say Keski is a kakkar or not, the Bujjar kurehits are still told to all the Abhilakhis. I do not consider myself an AKJ, and neither am I one but I know for a fact that Singhs or Kaurs associated with AKJ do not treat their kesh lower than any other Singhs or Kaurs.
One day I was reading 'Jail Chhithian' by Bhai Randhir Singh Ji. It is a very good book and must read for everybody, but in that book, i came accross that according to Bhai Sahib, an Amritdhari should not eat langar prepared by non-amritdhairs.

Yes, many Singhs and Kaurs associated with AKJ would not eat langar IF it is not prepaired accordingly to rehit maryada, but it is probably not because of the book, but because of: Gursikh Ki Rooti Beti Gursikh Se

gur kehiaa saa

kaar kumaavuhu

:(

Sorry to the AKJ if I misrepresented them by my own opinions but I thought I should put in my two cents

Wouldn't it be nice if everybody calls themselves Sikhs rather than calling themselves as AKL, Taksali, etc. etc. or by any other jathebandi?

Totally agree :wub:

btw, who are AKL's ;)

umm for ur information I m a friend of "mkhalsa".. I have known him personally for years... I say it to his face all the time that he's hankaari... He just tells me to shut up so its not really nindiya.. tongue.gif

regarding wat makes him hankaari from that website... its his PICTURE on the front page not the stuff inside the webpage...

If I really had something against him then I would have properly EXPOSED him.. and since I know him more than most people on this website .. I just had to give him my opinion about his "website"....

Thank you SherneeKaur Ji for your clarifications. Please don't mind, but few more questions arose in my mind after reading your following message:

Bebikee langar can only be served by bebikee singhs. It would not be right for them to allow a none bebikee to serve food that might be also for some bebikee singhs. If their were bebikee singhs eating langar, then they would not eat it if it is being served or prepared by a none bebikee. There best solution must of had been not to let any none bebikees touch the food, so this way everyone can eat it.

Does this mean AKJ believes in Brahmanism that their food becomes 'apvitr' if non-bebekis touch it, even if these non-bebaki are Amritdharis?

Did Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji create two kinds of Amritdharis that one would not let other touch his food?

Is Guru Ji happy with this 'vitkra' among Gursikhs?

what is bebik anyway ? :T:

bhul chuk di khima,

Jaswant (Singh)

shernee kaur

your amritdhari friend was probably not bibeki himself.

at the *very* highest level of sikhi when one does full sarbloh bibek then one will only eat from other bibekis. there are taksali and nihung bibeki singhs at all so it is not discrimination, in the same way an amritdhari will not eat from a monnah.

in harmandir sahib only amritdharis are to prepare langar, and there are plenty of rehatnamas to back this up. there are also rehatnamas for sarbloh bibek.

Does this mean AKJ believes in Brahmanism that their food becomes 'apvitr' if non-bebekis touch it, even if these non-bebaki are Amritdharis?

Did Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji create two kinds of Amritdharis that one would not let other touch his food?

veer jaswant singh jee,

I think you need to understand what the definition of "amritdharee" is in order to understand what bibek is.

Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh jee did not create two types of "amritdharee's", they created themselves..I firmly believe that Sri Guru Gobind Singh jee created rehitvaan, pukkay gursikh's which are defined as "amritdharee's" and if one believes sarbloh bibek is a part of that rehit that Guru Sahib gave His sikhs, then how does the second type of "amritdharee" who chooses not to be rehitvaan qualify as being a gursikh (gursikh = obeying all the commands of their Guru)? Do you see my point? If the food is being touched by a rehitvaan khalsa, only then is it acceptable by bibekee's....

It is quite disturbing when the term brahminism is so quickly added to the subject of sarbloh or just bibek without any research or knowledge of the issue. Please do some research before making such blind statements.

bhul chuk maaf.