Goin Out With A Hair Cutting Girl

Guest Confused boy

Brother, if she is from a Sikh background and you think your love for each other is strong enough, be caring, be sensitive, be strong. She is one of our own, even if she has cut her hair.

In this day and age it is easy for any of us to lose our way.

Take this how you want.

Don't be another that fragments and discriminates in such a small community that is under attack from all angles.

Teach her and learn from her.

Kwaar hoye sab milangey

Just watch your heart in all this.

wow dal paaji i agree with u alot, but I still think u shudn't go out with this girl. Let's jus put sikhi to one side for jus one second! Eighteen...how long do u think this relationship is going to last do u think it will last up till u get married and feelings of ures or either the girls will not sway? Time goes by feelings change really don't want to admit it rite now bcos ur feelings for her r probably really strong and what I'm suggesting is probably hard to contemplate at the mo. Furthermore, later into the relationship when u start talking bout marriage etc assuming this is the purpose fo the relationship religion is gonna b so important...u'll want to b on the same level when it comes to how u want to raise your kids etc. K this is way deep but jus think bout it...the realtionship is gonna b pointless if ur aim of it is not serious.

U got alot of things to think about and its hard to take into consideration what evryone is saying when it may not b what u want to hear. Pure simple b her friend even if u can only wait a year talk teach her sikhi and jus watch ur heart as paaji said bcos when u play with ur heart ur asking for heartache with it

Guest The Dude

First of all,

You have just met the girl and how do you know she may want to go out with you? If she does then go for it because if you don't and listen to all those on this thread you'll regret it. I'm 26 and male.

I am not Amritdhari but I do not cut my hair and I have dated Sikh girls who do and do not cut thier hair. We are a small community and if you discriminate on such foolish lines, I don't believe sikhism has a future in its present context. So do yourself a favor date her if you are both so inclined and do make it clear you are not willing to cut your hair and hence are interested in raising sikh kids if it gets to that point. Treat her with respect and if you do then love and marriage will certainly follow.

Do not be putoff with the extremely conservative views I've read on this thread, dating is a reality if you're living in the west. Most Sikh girls would rather date a Sikh guy but feel that it may blow up in their face i.e. talk in the community etc or the boy may end up talking and causing problems for her with her parents. There is termendous pressure to date so we see mulims and others dating our girls and taking them further away from our religion.

The fact that you had to ask on this forum whether you should or shouldn't date a Sikh girl because she has a hair cut saddens me. Many people once cut thier hair and then become closer to thier religion and do not cut anymore. Others move from not cutting their hair to becoming less religious and do cut thier hair. Life is very dynamic, so if we as Sikhs fret about little things like, Oh she cuts her hair what should I do? Then well we're just opening the door to mulsim fanatics and others who see our divisions as a weakness and exploit it.

As for her, she may keep her hair long but I bet you will have an uphill battle with the whole moustache and airhair thing as you should, well good luck and happy hunting. For all the haters out there, get a life, things are very very different than you may want to believe. Dating is a reality and something we grew up here being raised in UK, USA, Canada. Peace!

Guest baba amarjeet singh

you cant put sikhi to the side for one second!!!!!!!!!!!

dating is wrong

full stop

Brother, if she is from a Sikh background and you think your love for each other is strong enough, be caring, be sensitive, be strong. She is one of our own, even if she has cut her hair.

Take this how you want.

Don't be another that fragments and discriminates in such a small community that is under attack from all angles.

Kwaar hoye sab milangey

wow dal paaji i agree with u alot, but I still think u shudn't go out with this girl. Let's jus put sikhi to one side for jus one second! Eighteen...how long do u think this relationship is going to last do u think it will last up till u get married and feelings of ures or either the girls will not sway? Time goes by feelings change really don't want to admit it rite now bcos ur feelings for her r probably really strong and what I'm suggesting is probably hard to contemplate at the mo. Furthermore, later into the relationship when u start talking bout marriage etc assuming this is the purpose fo the relationship religion is gonna b so important...u'll want to b on the same level when it comes to how u want to raise your kids etc. K this is way deep but jus think bout it...the realtionship is gonna b pointless if ur aim of it is not serious.

U got alot of things to think about and its hard to take into consideration what evryone is saying when it may not b what u want to hear. Pure simple b her friend even if u can only wait a year talk teach her sikhi and jus watch ur heart as paaji said bcos when u play with ur heart ur asking for heartache with it

:| :lol:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

I think its how we act after we're engaged. Is it more towards dating, dating....blah blah....

Or getting each others sangat.

What we do is meet up afternoons, do seva (if lucky), simran, listen katha and basically increase our jeevan together. Monday mornings is nitnem together days and other days seperarely. Its been a year and so far before we get married nx yr, feels as though we already becoming One...One as Two souls should be.

With maturity getting to know your partner sangat could be the best things.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

Mate - Do what you have to do only YOU can trully answer this question.

btw:

What if you have never dated before does that make you sad/loser?

Mate - Do what you have to do only YOU can trully answer this question.

btw:

What if you have never dated before does that make you sad/loser?

veer jeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......no it doesnt make u a loser.........in fact waheguru has blessed you that u havent given into sin bcos those of us who have been in relationships outside of marraige knw how much of a paap that is..................................theres nothing cool, wickec or safe about PAAP........

theres a fine line btwn knowing someone and dating someone the rest is up to u..............u knw in ur heart wots rite and wrong.............

wjkk wjkf

you cant put sikhi to the side for one second!!!!!!!!!!!

dating is wrong

full stop

Take this how you want.

Kwaar hoye sab milangey

i didnt LITERALLY mean put sikhi aside for one second i was saying look at it from a different perspective I know u can't put sikhi aside !!!! But thanks for helping me clarify it :lol: I can see how it can be taken very wrongly

dont date til ur 20!?!?!?! : thumbs_down.gifohmy.gif :| @ :lol:

dont date FULL STOP

dating is NOT allowed in sikhi

no relationships before outside of marriage!

gd advice paji, where was u wen i needed this advice?

paji i have bben out with many gals and after many years i realised its not worth it, the time u spend the hasle, is it worth it?

my person experiances says no!!!!!!!!