Copy Of Harmandir Sahib

2desi

Copy of Harimandir Sahib???

I came accross this picture at school (I think it was in National Geograhic magazine or something), it was of a temple that had bright lights, was sitting on water (surrounded by water) and a long entry way or bridge. At first glance I thought it was Sri Harimandir Sahib but when I looked a little closer I realized that it was the Durgiana Temple which is in Amritsar. This Mandir was built in 1921 and is a copy of Sri Harimandir Sahib just look at the pictures below.

durgiana.jpg

durgianalongview.jpg

wagah7.jpg

18798.jpg

durgiana.jpg

I think this is kind of disrespectful, since Sri Harimandir Sahib is like the Vatican or Mecca and shouldn't be copied. I think they should change the design of the Mandir so it does not resemble Sri Harimandir Sahib.

Guest Papi

the water was dirty in that mandir, n ntohing they did could keep it clean. then someone suggested that they should bring some water from amrit sarovar of harminder sahib and mix it with the pond. after doing that, now the water in the mandir is always clean.

there can never be a place made like shri darbar sahib, NEVER. people have tried n failed in the past, will try n fail in the future as well. why? because

ifTy sBy Qwv nhI quDu jyihAw ]

ddit(h)ae sabhae thhaav nehee thudhh jaehiaa ||

I have seen all places, but none can compare to You.

bDohu puriK ibDwqY qW qU soihAw ]

badhhohu purakh bidhhaathai thaa(n) thoo sohiaa ||

The Primal Lord, the Architect of Destiny, has established You; thus You are adorned and embellished.

vsdI sGn Apwr AnUp rwmdws pur ]

vasadhee saghan apaar anoop raamadhaas pur ||

Ramdaspur is prosperous and thickly populated, and incomparably beautiful.

hirhW nwnk ksml jwih nwieAY rwmdws sr ]10]

harihaa(n) naanak kasamal jaahi naaeiai raamadhaas sar ||10||

O Lord! Bathing in the Sacred Pool of Raam Daas, the sins are washed away, O Nanak. ||10||

the piece of mind one gets, just upon entering shri darbar sahib is amazing. its like one has reached sachkhand. just outside the gate, so much trafiic, noise, and inside so much peace and tranquility. blessed are those people who live nearby and have darshan of shri harminder sahib everyday.

Guest Raman

Vaheguroo jee kha khalsa, Vaheguroo jee kee Fateh!!

hanjee iv herd about this many times.. however everyone who as been to Sri harminder sahib will know no matter if some1 makes 1 copy 2 copys 3,4,5 copys... Sri harminder saihb will be Sri harminder sahib. nothing will beat the atmosphere there.. and at the end of the day.. it is a place with guru sahibs kirpaa

Vaheguroo jee kha khalsa, Vaheguroo jee kee Fateh!!

When the Sikhs removed the Brahmin Mahants and other pakhandis along with their idols from the Sri Harmandir Sahib in 1920 they built this mandir as a copy. However nobody was fooled and few people visited it. The anti Sikh types always visit it though when they come to Amritsar.