What Jatha are You Part Of?

Surrey Singh

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Akaal108

I dont think problem is with the jathas. I think the real problem is when one's jatha people start claiming the superioty on others like assuming "They have a best interperatation of gurmat/khalsa" or claim the most accurate khalsa orthodoxy.

I think thats a only problem. If jathas are tolerant and more acceptable of other jatha's we wouldnt have a conflict like we are having now...

Think of this way:

Jatha's or sampardha's are diffferent schools but teaching the same thing "Naam" "Dhaan" "Ishanan"...yes principles or beleif might be different but its a same goal which is bhagti kardaie kardaie jagasouo/sikh.. guroo which mil jaavaie....

Kabir saloks come it goes "tuu tu karta tu hoya mujmaie raha no koi" (hopefully got it right here, sowwie for mistakes)

If jatha or sampardha aims are one but having all these petty fights between each other ....then IT IS APNI MOOORAKHTAIE HAIE.....because the true purpose of jatha is like different university but gettin same value of degree...

anyways thats my opnion..

Akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal hiiii akaaaaaaaaaaaaal

anand hiiiiiiiiii anand ^_^^_^

I dont think problem is with the jathas. I think the real problem is when one's jatha people start claiming the superioty on others like assuming "They have a best interperatation of gurmat/khalsa" or claim the most accurate khalsa orthodoxy.

I think thats a only problem. If jathas are tolerant and more acceptable of other jatha's we wouldnt have a conflict like we are having now...

Think of this way:

Jatha's or sampardha's are diffferent schools but teaching the same thing "Naam" "Dhaan" "Ishanan"...yes principles or beleif might be different but its a same goal which is bhagti kardaie kardaie jagasouo/sikh.. guroo which mil jaavaie....

Kabir saloks come it goes "tuu tu karta tu hoya mujmaie raha no koi" (hopefully got it right here, sowwie for mistakes)

If jatha or sampardha aims are one but having all these petty fights between each other ....then IT IS APNI MOOORAKHTAIE HAIE.....because the true purpose of jatha is like different university but gettin same value of degree...

i think thas an excellent view on this point.

k man, the truth in my opinion is that jathas are gettin bad because of youth and hankaar.

ever since this generation got online, i've b'n comming acroess new rules...only amritdharis can do langar di seva..etc. like u'll never hear this stuff commin from a mature person only from youth so its kinda wierd..........

and chamkilla said it rite..jathas are turning sikhi backwards...into castisim

i think Neo veerji said it truly how it should be....that there should be prem and respect between all the jathas....cuz ultimately we ARE all one...

i just wanted to add one more thing...

some people on this board are pointing out how jathas are man made and that's why they are bad and what not...

a lot of the jathas out there were started by puran gurmukhs not with the aim to segregate or anything...they simply saw a lack of sangat where they lived and started doing sangat, doing kirtan, doing seva, doing sikhi prachaar...and these sangats grew and became known as jathas...i don't think there is anything wrong with that...all these gurmukhs are given this seva by Guru ji himself....when a gurmukh gets to a certain stage...there life is dedicated to doing Guru Ji's hukam ...this is all seva that they are doing....so we shouldn't be hesitant to go to a sangat just cuz it wasn't started directly by Guru ji ... i think we need to remember that it's not just about doing simran for ourselves but also about getting others to do simran....there's a tuk that reminds us of this...

jan naanak dhhoorr ma(n)gai this gurasikh kee jo aap japai avareh naam japaavai ||2||

Servant Nanak begs for the dust of the feet of that GurSikh, who himself chants the Naam, and inspires others to chant it. ||2||

but the key is as NEO veerji pointed out...the people that do the various sangats have to accept the others as their brothers and sisters in the Khalsa panth...not bikker over little points or differences.....

Guest balwinderkaur
Thats why the other religionshave gone off the right path thats why sikhi was created. so if we have all these Jathas we will be doing the same thing as these other religion with all these different rehat no one will know what to follow, thats why we should get rid of all the Jathas and have one called the Khalsa and one rehat.

First thing you should do is change your name to sikhiforever.

FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big up to you chamkila veer. ;):(^_^

Guest balwinderkaur

Think of this way:

valid points made... good ;) btw the tuk should read

KABEER TU TU KARTA TU HUAA MUJH MAIN RAHA NA HU

JAB AAPA PAR KA MITT GYA JATT DEKHO TATT TU :(