What Jatha are You Part Of?

Surrey Singh

Guest Akaal108

I m not complaning khalsa soulja, all i m saying in my previous post my opnion... i think most people have dis-agreements of them chooping guroo maharaj ang...and any like minded individual can understand their sentiments /emotions.. its siri guroo granth sahib ji for vaheguroo's sake.. its just not an phsyics book that you reject some chapters saying that oh i dont need that chapter anymore... :( @ :wub: @ .. that hurt emotions of other sikhs that make them go against "akj ideology".

tell me hows that imposing views??

Also dont need to make this another ragmalla thread.. thats why i didnt mention the name because that will make this topic closed .. as you see on the heading.. no contoversial topics...

Also who is mentioning about nihangs of uk... why are you bringnig them in the topic... i have not even once talked about it... get over your obbession ks.. its not good... ;)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I m not complaning khalsa soulja, all i m saying in my previous post my opnion... i think most people have dis-agreements of them chooping guroo maharaj ang...and any like minded individual can understand their sentiments /emotions.. its siri guroo granth sahib ji for vaheguroo's sake.. its just not an phsyics book that you reject some chapters saying that oh i dont need that chapter anymore...  .. that hurt emotions of other sikhs that make them go against "akj ideology".

tell me hows that imposing views??

thats my point......the AKJ can argue "im sure any like minded individual can understand my problem.....these taksalis have changed the rehat and tore away the keski from the womans head! they have changed the kakkar! they believe in the kacchi bani at the end of the SGGS! anyone can sympathise with that!"

its exactly the same thing....it just depends which way you look at it. neither jatha is more guilty.

and the nangs are a good example, becuz they claim to be easy going but say ur amrit is invalid if u havent got the 3 granths present!

Question why there is not much criticism against nirmalie, seva-panthis, takshal, bhai daya singh takshal (rara sahib) , nanaksar etc... simple you will not see them claiming something... they are silently doing their seeva for the panth... they are proud of what they beleive.. they dont go ground spreading their beleifs or forcing beleif on others (specially youths). Also they dont go around chopping the guroo maharaj's ang ( you can guess it which ang).

I have to agree with you here veerji. It is individual people of these jathas who enforce their personal opinions and make it look like the whole jatha has the same opinion

I want to chak amrit this year, and it sound's stupid but about 6 months ago I started shopping around by looking into jathas and groups. Can you believe it? I felt that because this is a lifetime decision I should look for the best deal. I know..... it sounds dumb.

Because of certain jatha websites I was heavily influenced by some peoples views (like Kulbir Singh on Tapoban Forum for example), where I started looking down on other people and GurSikhs. What gave me the right to judge other peoples Sikhi, naam kamai or style of dastar etc ?? I was becoming egoistic, therefore I was taking steps back instead of forward.

I realised that I needed to take a step back from these discussion forums and not

take everything posted as being the truth. Kulbir Singh is very learned and posts some brilliant pieces of writings, but he has a strong opinion of his own with regards to GurSikhs who don't follow the rehat as per AKJ.

Guest Akaal108

regarding three granths,

my freind took amrit from hazoor sahib which has most old puratan maryada... he said there were 2 granths (sggs and dasam granth ji) not 3. sarbloh granth....but anyways i dont know whats shastarvidiya cooking... i myself some gruesome doubts some of the stuff they claim but i dont make these doubts as my reason hating on them...there is defo pyaar from my side to nihang ideology... i might not agree with them... but they are not telling me to agree...

also i agree with you, this jatha bashing and hositilty i dont think its goin to be changin any time soon... so face the reality.. bash each other fully....see the sikhs knocking each other turbans off......

all comes back with two words "tolerance" and "acceptance" it applies to each everyone of us... because its a human nature and we need come across with these things same as we are struggling with 5 vices.. otherwise days are not far where real rss will just have a look and laugh and say "oh these two dumb sardars are figthing in gurdwara, get happy seeing our turbans torn off" (flashback from an disguisting fighting video of sgpc clash with the sangat)..

all i can do is try my best from my side...

akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal ^_^

on one side your saying be tolerant but on the other your saying u dislike akj and understand why ppl criticise because they have cut an ang out of gurbani? there was a ragmalla debate a while back and no one came out with clear cut evidence. so no one has a good reason to dislike another jatha for their views, unless they are quite obviously wrong.

and on the old shahstervidiya website it DID say amrit without the presence of the 3 granth was invalid. that is definately enforcing views. the fact is, everyone does it.

Well, I didn’t want to get into this debate, because it’s ending up to be about rivalries between groups.

In my opinion it would be wiser to take amrit from a group, which is lead by the Panj Pyaaras instead of some Saadh or Sant. We all know that the Panj Pyaaraas are an institution created by Dasam Patsha himself. Sants and Saadhs in comparison are a modern and in most case a contemporary phenomenon. Almost all of them falsely claim to be started by Guru Jee himself. Most of them target the uneducated peoples of Punjab namely the Penduus. There are good Sant/Saadh deraas out there that actually work for the good of mankind like the DDT and Rara Sahib, but other then them most of the Deras are not worth following.

Nirmale, most of the Nihangs (Bhang drinking ones!), and the Udasis are not worth following at all. They have gone astray from the Khalsa so much so that they call themselves Hindus. I’m surprised that some people actually even support them. You might as well just support Radhaswamis while you’re at it.

AKJ in my opinion is one of the greatest and most successful Sikh organizations. Most people will criticize them out of jealousy, because of their success in the west. There are some who will criticize them because of Ragmala, but to be honest most do it out of real raw jealousy. The thing that I really admire about the AKJ is that it is lead by not some Sant or Saadh, but by Guru Roop Panj Pyaaray, which is essentially how Guru Jee intended it to be.

N30 Singh, you say that AKJ is breaking up SGGSJ because of Ragmala, I understand where you are coming from and respect that. But is it also not wrong when many Sant Saadh Deras break up

Guru Sahib into Padshed? With Ragmala it can be said that only one piece is cut, but with Panched Guru Jee is being cut into hundreds of thousands of little pieces, yet most will never feel offended from that. Something to think about……..

Guest Akaal108

Vir singh,

as mentioned earlier.. we are not talkin about fake sant/saadhs that are not approved by akaal takth....

before commenting on nirmalie or nihangs (being oldest puratan maryada of khalsa) i would like to see an thesis of yours that claims that they call themselves hindus..

I would advise you too use "fake sants" instead of sants"... sant word itself shouldnt abused by anyone ... sant word comes in guroo granth sahib ji.. sant word is only dedicated to vaheguroo daie bhagats....not entiled to any ashustosh, osho running wild...

so please be advised next time..dont use sant word decribing those self-proclaimed ones except use fake sants....

There is nothing to be jealous about akj.. to be quite honest with you.. i never ever heard of akj until i came in canada.. its quite suprising to see akj has very little influence in punjab or india rather than western disapoira all because of youths... no need to be all exicted b about akj....last thing that would come in my mind is akj takin over akal takht from sgpc... that be very un-realistic...

akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal ^_^

its quite suprising to see akj has very little influence in punjab or india rather than western disapoira all because of youths... no need to be all exicted b about akj....

no sikh group has any influence in punjab any more. in amritsar, theres harmandir sahib, then all around, there is a total mess. and at metha chowk theres the taksali place, and as soon as u step out the rest of the place is a total mess too. from my visit i didnt see much gursikhi anyway. ;)

Well, I didn’t want to get into this debate, because it’s ending up to be about rivalries between groups.

In my opinion it would be wiser to take amrit from a group, which is lead by the Panj Pyaaras instead of some Saadh or Sant. We all know that the Panj Pyaaraas are an institution created by Dasam Patsha himself. Sants and Saadhs in comparison are a modern and in most case a contemporary phenomenon. Almost all of them falsely claim to be started by Guru Jee himself. Most of them target the uneducated peoples of Punjab namely the Penduus. There are good Sant/Saadh deraas out there that actually work for the good of mankind like the DDT and Rara Sahib, but other then them most of the Deras are not worth following.

Nirmale, most of the Nihangs (Bhang drinking ones!), and the Udasis are not worth following at all. They have gone astray from the Khalsa so much so that they call themselves Hindus. I’m surprised that some people actually even support them. You might as well just support Radhaswamis while you’re at it.

AKJ in my opinion is one of the greatest and most successful Sikh organizations. Most people will criticize them out of jealousy, because of their success in the west. There are some who will criticize them because of Ragmala, but to be honest most do it out of real raw jealousy. The thing that I really admire about the AKJ is that it is lead by not some Sant or Saadh, but by Guru Roop Panj Pyaara

y, which is essentially how Guru Jee intended it to be.

N30 Singh, you say that AKJ is breaking up SGGSJ because of Ragmala, I understand where you are coming from and respect that. But is it also not wrong when many Sant Saadh Deras break up Guru Sahib into Padshed? With Ragmala it can be said that only one piece is cut, but with Panched Guru Jee is being cut into hundreds of thousands of little pieces, yet most will never feel offended from that. Something to think about……..

Great post Vir Singh Ji. ^_^

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!