What Jatha are You Part Of?

Surrey Singh

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest noonespecial

I have great respect for Kulbir Singh but I completely disagree with his opinion on this issue. Kulbir Singhs post, in my HUMBLEST opinion, only throws a smoke screen over the REAL issue. The issue about FAKE Sants and such is not being discussed and we all KNOW that. The issue is those jathas that are approved of by Akaal Takht. We're not talking about the Narinder Grewal's or the Kala Afghana's, we're talking about the AKJ'S, the Taksal's, the Dodra's, etc.

Why must we divide ourselves by name?

oh for sure.. defeinitely this topic is only about those jathay/samparhday that have been approved by Shri Akal Takht Sahib.... nirankaris...naamdharis...they're not even mentioned once... we're only talking about akal takht approved jathay/sampardhay..

keep in mind guys, this isn't a "why does Jatha A not do anything, or why does Jatha B screw around with other people?" or anything... we're discussing jathas and their usefulness... don't make this into an AKJ bashing discussion.. we've done too good right now on actually having a discussion to make it turn into a huge fight keep up the discussion and omit the insults...

we've already established why people think jatha's are bad, so saying "oh, well akj is bad cuzz... or taksal is bad cuz..." that's USELESS... don't go there right now... everyone has their opinions on the bad.. that's half the reason those topics got banned, cuz everyone wanted to talk about the bad!

we're talking about the GOOD! let's get these points out... i really agree with N30 right now... please continute

I have read some of the articles that Kulbir singh has put up on tapoban website....he usually has interesting and knowledgeble posts...but he has a tendency to start calling everything that is different from his point of view "fake"...

it's actually people like him that create these divisions between the different jathay....as he has used the tapoban site on occasion to slander gurmukhs and sangats that have been fully approved by Akal takt and have in fact been given recognition for doing great sikhi prachar in Punjab and abroad...

i don't mean to talk bad about Kulbir singh but sorry to say...this is an example of what creates anymosity within the panth and we kids have to be aware and avoid following the same patterns as the adults do....

Where has anyone bashed Taksaal? I've never ever seen anyone do that before. Taksaal is one Jatha who never gets bashed, because every Jatha, even if they have differences, is too politically correct to seem like they're critical of Taksaal.

Anyways, that's a seperate issue. People do bash AKJ. People do bash the anti-panthic Nangs of UK and their supporters, and people are critical of Nanaksariya practices (I don't know if many people go ahead and actually bash the Nanaksariyas themselves though)

From what I've seen, the only Jathei that get bashed atleast on the youth forums are AKJ, which gets bashed the most often. And the other group is the UK nangs, but since they're a force which isn't really a panthic group anyhow, I think its safe to say that AKJ is one of the only panthic groups that gets bashed.

So since out of the 2 main panthic Jathebandis, Taksaal is spared any criticism anyway, our discussion should really be how to prevent Jatha bashing directed at AKJ which is really prominent in almost every non-AKJ youth circle. I'm not a part of AKJ, but I'm just curious as to why so many people hate AKJ? It's really strange. I've been to AKJ Samagams and most of the people there seem to be Gursikhs.

Whats all the AKJ bashing about? Most of us already recognize that we need to recognize differences in rehit within different Jathei and accept them, so why do so many people still hate AKJ?

Guest Akaal108

I think from my point of view, they dont agree with akj ideology ..note i ll not use term "hate"... nobody hate people who are affilated with akj but people do have dis-agreements perhaps even hositlity towards akj ideology because

" They start claiming the superioty on others like assuming "They have a best interperatation of gurmat/khalsa" or claim the most accurate khalsa orthodoxy"

Question why there is not much criticism against nirmalie, seva-panthis, takshal, bhai daya singh takshal (rara sahib) , nanaksar etc... simple you will not see them claiming something... they are silently doing their seeva for the panth... they are proud of what they beleive.. they dont go ground spreading their beleifs or forcing beleif on others (specially youths). Also they dont go around chopping the guroo maharaj's ang ( you can guess it which ang).

my 2 cents..

akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal; ^_^

lets be honest. akj say they have the correct and most orthodox maryada that is the same as the one in gurus time.

taksal say they have the most correct and most orthodox maryada that has been the same since guru gobind singhs time.

nangs also say their rehat is the same as that in gurus time and thus everyone elses is wrong.

saying that these groups dont spread their views is a blatant lie otherwise no one would take amrit from people with their jathas views since no one would know about them. your complaining of akj cutting an ang out of the SGGS is a perfect example - you are automatically right and they are wrong, thus u are imposing ur views. see?

thats the way it is, theres no point saying one jatha is worse than the other. akj stress because taksali ladies dont wear keski, taksalis stress because akjers dont read ragmalla, and nangs are just generally stressed LOL

they all impose their views really and i dont see that changing in the near future......ppl will hav 2 learn 2 live with it, or do thorough research and come out with their own conclusions.