Waxing

Guest Guest

Veerji...... whatever u r saying is true........ But i am against keeping kesh n being sikh forcefully.......

u will ruin life if u will not respect what u r having on ur body...

Hanji My Guru loves his child no matter if they keep the rehet or not..... n waise v shabad hai na "Tudh Bhave ta naam japawe" ... naam ohi japda jinhu rabb japwaunda.....

the only difference between a sikh n gursikh is... Guru g sikh de naal chalde ne.. jithe digge sahara to unhanu milda.. but Guru g Gursikh nu Godi ch chak ke chalde.. diggan da te sawal hi ni paida honda.....

Sorry to say- Stop forcing people to be sikh its will n wish n my guru dnt need people who r unwillingly a sikh :nono:

Rehat Pyari Mujhko Sikh Pyara Naahi

From sikhism point of view u should not remove ur hair... but if u are having alot of them... dont cutt ur kesh .... u can go for waxing... if u dnt like ur facial hair have them removed.. but threading.... if u r not willing to keep them..... dont keep it forcefully......

But before doing that.... Once do path sukhmani sahib g da path,, n ardas n then ask from urself wat u want.... rather then wat ur parent n other people want u to be.... n then go...

these sikh guys themselves do not prefer a kudi with lot of hair. they just say but on practical note things are different... Live life happily.. Guru will be with u if u luv him :)

Sikhi nu bus waala te chalu karke waala te khatam karta hai- No body cares how actually sikh should be n how should be his/her deeds :wow:

You are wrong on so many levels.

On the topic of what Sikh boys wants.You have no clue what you are talking about.Justcbecause you have encountered a few people doesn't mean all sikh boys are like that.Dont judge a book by its cover.Personnally I don't know what to choice because it is maharaj da hukam for who I will marry.IF I was even supposed to get married.

Guru Ji will not love you because you start waxing and shaving etc.Rehat Pyari Mujhko Sikh Pyara NaahiRehat Pyari Mujhko Sikh Pyara NaahiRehat Pyari Mujhko Sikh Pyara Naahi

The rehat is important not the sikh.

That is NOT at all a Sikh perspective. You can't remove your kesh, any kesh, period. Gurpreet, stop blaming Sikh guys for everything and using that as an excuse to tell girls that its ok to go against Rehit. If that is your opinion, atleast make sure to say its your view or you'll mislead someone.

Sikhs canNOT remove ANY hair, and thats it. I may sound harsh but this is the height of it. "Guru will love you, live life happy!" What is that? Guru Sahib loves non-Sikhs also, does that mean we start worshipping idols and wearing caps? "Ohhhh our Guru will love us with toppiyaan!"

A+ post

Veerji...... whatever u r saying is true........ But i am against keeping kesh n being sikh forcefully.......

u will ruin life if u will not respect what u r having on ur body...

Hanji My Guru loves his child no matter if they keep the rehet or not..... n waise v shabad hai na "Tudh Bhave ta naam japawe" ... naam ohi japda jinhu rabb japwaunda.....

the only difference between a sikh n gursikh is... Guru g sikh de naal chalde ne.. jithe digge sahara to unhanu milda.. but Guru g Gursikh nu Godi ch chak ke chalde.. diggan da te sawal hi ni paida honda.....

Sorry to say- Stop forcing people to be sikh its will n wish n my guru dnt need people who r unwillingly a sikh :nono:

This is where people go wrong. How can you force someone to be a Sikh? I can't pick up a gun and say "Look, I want you to grow your kesh 3 feet in length right here right now, and a beard atleast half a feet as I speak, otherwise I'm gonna shoot you!" You can't force anyone to be a Sikh. Maybe you're talking about forcing someone to keep Sikhi saroop. Thats also pointless because such people give it up at the first chance they get. Guru Sahib loves everyone, my question is do you love Guru Sahib? If you do, how can you go against His own Hukam and Rehit? Guru Sahib accepts everyone, my question to you is do you accept His Hukam and Rehit? Stop all these excuses and bahanne. People have made Sikhi way too khulli-dulli. Remember even the universe is running based on a natural cosmic discipline, an order. A life lived without discipline will turn into what a universe would if we take away that order, i.e. chaotic and disastrous. Guru Sahib doesn't need Sikhs, we need Him. And I don't think anyone on this forum is forcing any girl to stop waxing. This is a Sikh forum, if someone comes over here asking "can I wax myself?", please don't expect anyone on here to say yes. If they want to hear yes just to feel good about themselves, thats a different thing, thats their problem. But Gurmat is very clear on this. Panj Pyaare clearly state NOT to remove ANY kesh using ANY means, cutting, shaving, trimming, waxing, and they even say you can't use chemicals or any laser. If its a hormonal imbalance, there are medical ways to cure those. But not all facial issues are hormonal imbalances. Some people have excessive hair naturally.

If you still don't get it, go on YouTube and search for Balpreet Kaur, and watch the videos on this another bhenji Harnaam Kaur's channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKxv5r5qjQoS6Y-xrUbptBg/videos?view=0

This is where people go wrong. How can you force someone to be a Sikh? I can't pick up a gun and say "Look, I want you to grow your kesh 3 feet in length right here right now, and a beard atleast half a feet as I speak, otherwise I'm gonna shoot you!" You can't force anyone to be a Sikh. Maybe you're talking about forcing someone to keep Sikhi saroop. Thats also pointless because such people give it up at the first chance they get. Guru Sahib loves everyone, my question is do you love Guru Sahib? If you do, how can you go against His own Hukam and Rehit? Guru Sahib accepts everyone, my question to you is do you accept His Hukam and Rehit? Stop all these excuses and bahanne. People have made Sikhi way too khulli-dulli. Remember even the universe is running based on a natural cosmic discipline, an order. A life lived without discipline will turn into what a universe would if we take away that order, i.e. chaotic and disastrous. Guru Sahib doesn't need Sikhs, we need Him. And I don't think anyone on this forum is forcing any girl to stop waxing. This is a Sikh forum, if someone comes over here asking "can I wax myself?", please don't expect anyone on here to say yes. If they want to hear yes just to feel good about themselves, thats a different thing, thats their problem. But Gurmat is very clear on this. Panj Pyaare clearly state NOT to remove ANY kesh using ANY means, cutting, shaving, trimming, waxing, and they even say you can't use chemicals or any laser. If its a hormonal imbalance, there are medical ways to cure those. But not all facial issues are hormonal imbalances. Some people have excessive hair naturally.

If you still don't get it, go on YouTube and search for Balpreet Kaur, and watch the videos on this another bhenji Harnaam Kaur's channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKxv5r5qjQoS6Y-xrUbptBg/videos?view=0

Veerjii Hamesha Daantde tuc mainu .... !! :( :( :( :( :(

U Said - Guru Sahib loves everyone, my question is do you love Guru Sahib? If you do, how can you go against His own Hukam and Rehit? - A person who understand this thing will not go to someone or some forum n ask SHOULD I WAX or SHOULD I HAVE A HAIR CUT :) i m trying to explain this thing only if a person wants then only he/she can keep if the wont they will never :)

Veerji but i agree whatever u say u are one of the person whom i respect from heart - Sorry for arguing :(

You are wrong on so many levels.

On the topic of what Sikh boys wants.You have no clue what you are talking about.Justcbecause you have encountered a few people doesn't mean all sikh boys are like that.Dont judge a book by its cover.Personnally I don't know what to choice because it is maharaj da hukam for who I will marry.IF I was even supposed to get married.

Guru Ji will not love you because you start waxing and shaving etc.Rehat Pyari Mujhko Sikh Pyara NaahiRehat Pyari Mujhko Sikh Pyara NaahiRehat Pyari Mujhko Sikh Pyara Naahi

The rehat is important not the sikh.

I accept that i m wrong... but its all about following religion in a way u want...

Rehat Pyari Mujhko Sikh Pyara NaahiRehat Pyari Mujhko Sikh Pyara NaahiRehat Pyari Mujhko Sikh Pyara Naahi

The rehat is important not the sikh....- Rehat Pyaari mujhe thi isliye mai sikh hu... Rehet Pyaari jisse hogi wohi saccha sikh hoga... !!

Sorry for offenses.... dear.. I am lil practical... I dont want that someone should keep kesh n daily looking at mirror n saying OMG - Y I M SIKH , Y I M SIKH ,Y I M SIKH n Y I M SIKH............................

Growing up with sikhism.... learning about sikh.... living in sikh family.. knowing all the aspects of sikh n coming n asking should i wax... what else u can do to make a person luv sikhism ?

Veerjii Hamesha Daantde tuc mainu .... !! :( :( :( :( :(

U Said - Guru Sahib loves everyone, my question is do you love Guru Sahib? If you do, how can you go against His own Hukam and Rehit? - A person who understand this thing will not go to someone or some forum n ask SHOULD I WAX or SHOULD I HAVE A HAIR CUT :) i m trying to explain this thing only if a person wants then only he/she can keep if the wont they will never :)

Veerji but i agree whatever u say u are one of the person whom i respect from heart - Sorry for arguing :(

No you didn't offend me, lol relax. You are free to have your opinion, but we always need to be sure that we tag it as our own personal opinion and not Gurmat. If you or anyone else feels that what I said is not Gurmat and is my own opinion, please feel free to correct me. We all are here to learn and improve, and correcting oneself is part of the process.

Mehtab ji, you explained that very well to penji Gurpreet.

Now, I totally understand the comments from Gurpreet ji.

She does have the point that we men talk about it is wrong, this and that, but when the crunch comes and we have to choose between a hairy moustached wife and non-hairy, then 85% or more will opt for the non-hairy, no moustache, no goatee attractive girl !!!

I agree that you do have a valid point Gurpreet, but then again it is NOT gurmat.

Can someone have the right to pick and choose what is suitable for themselves ??

Maybe, but everyone's situation will be different.

Let's say in this extreme case we have a youg sikh girl that does not have much confidence or strength in her charachter and is quite shy and very sensitive. BUT on top of all this she has a Balrpreet style moustache and goatee along with warm hairy legs !

Now, this girl has maintained her strict rehat but in turn ended up with severe mental and personality incapabilities.

She has become a manic depressive because of this scarring of facial hair, she has the tendency for suicidal thoughts...etc...

Besides medication, the ONLY way to treat is to get rid of the causating factor which is the facial hair !!

Then, what do we do ????

What is going to be in the best of her interests for maintaining her normal life ??

You see, that's why I say that every case has to be assessed individually.

The decision should be the best to maintain a reasonable standard of 'normal' sikh life.

It';s very easy for us to dictate what is rehat an what is gurmat or not.

But remember sikhism is not a religion in a box where you can only include and exclude, it is much more than that.

If my daughter grows up and ends up suffering with mental and personality disorders because of facial hair, I'm sure that I will take a sympatheic approach rather than endorsing and quoting the rehat to her and saying 'no way!!'

Mehtab ji, you explained that very well to penji Gurpreet.

Now, I totally understand the comments from Gurpreet ji.

She does have the point that we men talk about it is wrong, this and that, but when the crunch comes and we have to choose between a hairy moustached wife and non-hairy, then 85% or more will opt for the non-hairy, no moustache, no goatee attractive girl !!!

I agree that you do have a valid point Gurpreet, but then again it is NOT gurmat.

Can someone have the right to pick and choose what is suitable for themselves ??

Maybe, but everyone's situation will be different.

Let's say in this extreme case we have a youg sikh girl that does not have much confidence or strength in her charachter and is quite shy and very sensitive. BUT on top of all this she has a Balrpreet style moustache and goatee along with warm hairy legs !

Now, this girl has maintained her strict rehat but in turn ended up with severe mental and personality incapabilities.

She has become a manic depressive because of this scarring of facial hair, she has the tendency for suicidal thoughts...etc...

Besides medication, the ONLY way to treat is to get rid of the causating factor which is the facial hair !!

Then, what do we do ????

What is going to be in the best of her interests for maintaining her normal life ??

The decision should be the best to maintain a reasonable standard of 'normal' sikh life.

It';s very easy for us to dictate what is rehat an what is gurmat or not.

But remember sikhism is not a religion in a box where you can only include and exclude, it is much more than that.

If my daughter grows up and ends up suffering with mental and personality disorders because of facial hair, I'm sure that I will take a sympatheic approach rather than endorsing and quoting the rehat to her and saying 'no way!!'

Thanks dear.... i was trying to explain the same but my words were not correct.... Thanks alot.. :) Kuj v kehlo... kudi n mundeya ch farak te hunda hi hai.. i can understand being a girls what girls feel n wat dey actually want to convey.....

U need to b strong enough to be a GURSIKH ... mai te bus Chalo yaar.. baba g de raah te chalo karke amrit te chak leha... but i suffered alot though afterwards.. but i will never say never..... till d last breath of my life.. I am Gursikh n will remain so..... :D WJKK WJKF

Then, what do we do ????

You set her up on a Sikhi recovery plan. It starts off by listening to motivation speeches by Gurmukhs in the sadhsangat. Additionally the sadhsangat helps the person read, listen, and understand Gurbani by doing it with her. Furthermore the plan includes the patient to do some selfless service with the sadhsangat. Slowly and very gently the sadhsangat along with Gurbani teaches her, who to depend on when she feels like she is all alone and has to climb a mountain. The time limit for each activity is all set up based on the patient and what the sadhsangat feels like is best for the patient.

The hair on the face is not problem, but lack of understanding on self(atma) worth, which is causing the severe mental and personality incapabilities. Just as girls that want to get chest enhancements. The problem is not a small chest, but the lack of understanding on self worth.

Best part of it all............the plan does not cost a penny.