Waxing

Guest Guest

Guest peacemaker
If your baptised into Khalsa then obviously you have code of conduct there that forbids removal of hair however I personally dont believe those rules apply to women. Kaur = princess thus keep herself beautiful for her man. Singh = lion a guy who has the apperance and courage of a lion hence the uncut hair. I dunno who invented "singhini's" but nowhere I have read does it says a woman has to keep her hair uncut baptised or not.

Shut up chatter box. I personally believe you should go to Afghanistan and fight alongside al-qaida :lol: . I apologise if my post sounds offensive.

Please, don't ever say something like that on an internet forum or in real life! Thanks!

If your baptised into Khalsa then obviously you have code of conduct there that forbids removal of hair however I personally dont believe those rules apply to women. Kaur = princess thus keep herself beautiful for her man. Singh = lion a guy who has the apperance and courage of a lion hence the uncut hair. I dunno who invented "singhini's" but nowhere I have read does it says a woman has to keep her hair uncut baptised or not.

Shut up chatter box. I personally believe you should go to Afghanistan and fight alongside al-qaida :| . I apologise if my post sounds offensive.

Please, don't ever say something like that on an internet forum or in real life! Thanks!

Hw chu doin peacemaker :lol:

I'll try to keep this brief. In addition to all the reasons given above and just the fact that removing hair is specifically prohibited by Guru Sahib, just look at the reason for removing hair.

Removing hair for women is frankly a sign of inferiority and subjugation. Why don't men have the same standards? Why should you have to change your body just to please others? If one day society decides that women who don't wear very high skirts look odd or that women need to pierce their lips to look 'normal' will you have to conform to that as well?

It's pretty sad that to look 'normal' women today have to paint their faces, remove their hair and wear otherwise impractical and indecent clothing. This is slavery.

Sikh on the other hand is freedom to look just the way God intended and be judged on the content of your character not the appearance of your body.

:e: I am in love with this post :lol:

shaabaashh putth

Did i just read that right? What you think that women should be allowd to cut their hair??????

If people think women should be allowed to cut their hair then that's basically saying that what Guru Gobind Singh Ji said was rubbish. How can you people be so stupid? Guru Gobind Singh Ji didn't make females princess's in the form of her beauty - he made them princess's in their status. Just as Guru Nanak Dev Ji gave women a high position:

So Kio Ma(n)dhaa Aakheeai Jith Ja(n)mehi Raajaan ||

Why do women remove their hair? To make themselves LOOK beutiful. In the Guru Granth Sahib Ji there is a tukh (i forget now) saying that a Sikh should live simple. Cutting hair (on the face or head) causes kaam.

I just don't understand how someone can take Amrith - supposedly give their head to Guru Gobind Singh Ji - and still come infront on Vaheguru and act like their true - i wouldn't be able to live with that guilt. People have made Amrith a toy - they think if they put on the 5 Kakaar they're Sikh - i'm not to judge Vaheguru is - all i'm worried about is when our it time comes to be judged by Maharaaj how will these women face him?

blud i think u been smokin to many zoots LOL.gif who gives sit what you personally dont believe and personally belive, its about what guroo ji says retard.

Guest peacemaker

blud i think u been smokin to many zoots LOL.gif who gives sit what you personally dont believe and personally belive, its about what guroo ji says retard.

LOL @ "zoots" ! People keep asking me why I keep coming back on ss. Well, it's for posts like this! You can't find stuff like this on those "other" sites! Trust me. :lol:

Guest concerned sister

Hey, I've been through what you have been through. As a daughter of Guru Gobind Singh ji, you must be strong. Girl, you don't have to wax your arms! The same bleach you put on your face you can put on your arms! It lasts about the same and there's no stubbly re-growth!! At the end of the day, it's a confidence issue. There's nothing wrong with wearing full sleeves, and there are plenty of other girls who wear low cut tops - you don't have to join them! Ignore the people who make comments, they are jealous of your beauty and strength, and like one other person said in this post, if you can prove that your hairy arms are causing you to be discriminated against, then sue!! (Remember to give your daswandh from your claim to your gurdwara to thank Waheguru for giving you the strength to fight!)

If it's buggin you that much, go to the docs. There's usually a reason for these things.

Anyways, I hope I haven't offended you, or anyone else. Keep your head held high and be proud.

[Apologies if I offended anyone]

Fateh ohmy.gif :

Guest _Tarrandeep Kaur_
Hey, I've been through what you have been through. As a daughter of Guru Gobind Singh ji, you must be strong. Girl, you don't have to wax your arms! The same bleach you put on your face you can put on your arms! It lasts about the same and there's no stubbly re-growth!! At the end of the day, it's a confidence issue. There's nothing wrong with wearing full sleeves, and there are plenty of other girls who wear low cut tops - you don't have to join them! Ignore the people who make comments, they are jealous of your beauty and strength, and like one other person said in this post, if you can prove that your hairy arms are causing you to be discriminated against, then sue!! (Remember to give your daswandh from your claim to your gurdwara to thank Waheguru for giving you the strength to fight!)

If it's buggin you that much, go to the docs. There's usually a reason for these things.

Anyways, I hope I haven't offended you, or anyone else. Keep your head held high and be proud.

[Apologies if I offended anyone]

Fateh ohmy.gif :

ohmy.gif NO NO NO NO!! Bleaching is not allowed! Both bleaching and cutting hair is unacceptable. Both are doing beadbi to your kesh! Penji, just stay stong, and read other posts, which have been posted on here.

vahigurujikakhalsa vahigurujikifateh

Guest shocked

i just read this post included down below on a different forum by a knowlegble poster and i'm shocked and confused now. i thought bhai randhir singh was a gursikh of akj? aren't akj most strict about this kind of things? why would be say something like this> maybe som e knowledgble person here can help me understand. everyone says no dont remove excess hair but here he says its boorish? and it shouldn't be there on a womans face? if a gursikh can say this what chance do girls in this world ahve to find happiness? its hurtful and confused.

ns

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:55 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't normally get involved in such discussions. I don't even read them, but this time I was curious. People tend to miss out on the true essence of religion by getting excessively involved in such things. Through focus on NAAM/BANI Guru reveals to us everything we need.

I do not wish to address the issue of eyebrows, but instead a small point on females having facial hair or beard.

I read some (not all) of the posts and thought I would share what was written in the work Jail Chit(h)eyaa(n) by Bhai Saheb Bhai Randhir Singh Jee in both the English and the Punjabi versions.

In the English, Bhai Saheb wrote on p. 261 that "Women do not grow any beard on their faces. If any woman wants, she cannot. Just as it is unnatural to try to develop beards on the faces of women, it is unnatural and wrong to destroy the natural hair that grows on the men's head." (In other words, facial hair/beard is a MALE characteristic in nature and unnatural for females.).

Now for the Punjabi version. I distinctly remember that Bhai Saheb Jee wrote that if a woman were to have facial hair it would be JAHAALATH. I had to look up the word jahaalath in the dictionary and the dictionary said it meant "boorish". The dictionary says that the words boorish, oafish, rude, uncouth all describe persons, acts, manners, or mannerisms that violate in some way the generally accepted canons of polite, considerate behavior.

Bhai Saheb Jee was a very strict saint, some would argue excessively so, but even he says that "it is unnatural to try to develop beards on the faces of women" (because it is a MALE characteristic).

I must clarify that I do NOT know the full answer to this issue. I'm glad I'm not a female facing such an issue. I wanted to say what Bhai Saheb jee said that facial hair on a female is unnatural and "jahaalath". I also want to express my sincerest compassion for those facing this issue, and that I am in no position to judge them.

Later on on p. 261 Bhai Saheb jee separately refers to removal of BODILY hair by saying that "Those who are pure in body, mind and soul, and those who know something about sciences know that to remove bodily hair from the whole of our body is crime against health." To me, (just my opinion) bodily hair and facial hair/beard on a FEMALE are separate issues.

I decided to refer to the original Punjabi Jail Chiteyan. On p 414-415 Bhai Saheb jee writes, "Istreeyaa(n) day moo(n)h utay kudratee tor tay kes ya rom ugday hee nahee. Jay koee ugvaona chaahay taa(n) us da yatan birthaa hai. So is parkaar istreeya(n) day mooh utay kudrato(n) ult kes rom ugaaona jahaalath hai, aysay parkar istree maradh day sees utay kudratee ugvao anusar ugvay atay ugv kharrotay kes nu kataona ya vadhaona ghataona bhee jahaalath hai". (My translation is: "Kes or rom by nature simply do not grow on the faces of women. If a woman were to try her efforts would fail. So, in this way if on the face of woman someone were to against nature by growing kes or rom it would be jahaalath (boorish), in this same way both man and woman on their heads by nature grow kes and if they were to cut this or increase/decrease this kes it would also be jahaalath.").