Waxing

Guest Guest

Why is bleaching not allowed??? How is it beadbi? I personally think things like this are taking younger generation away form Sikhism.

How can you say bleaching is NOT wrong!? Of course it is

Have you seen any Amritdhari Singh bleach their dharaa?name me one mahapurash or Past Sant who has bleached their hair.

Bleaching hair is a slap in Akal Puakhs face saying 'you're not perfect for making me perfect'

Sikhi is about quality, so if the younger generation aren't prepared to give their heads to maharaj and walk the sharp edge of gursikhi then it's no loss to sikhi!

Sardar (male) kids have a tuff time wearing patka or turban in schools, colleges or work place.

Sardarni's (females) without head cover, Don't !

Therefore it will be incorrect to say that being a Sardar is easy.

Guess, both have to face the Test of Time, sooner or later.

Like, Fire is the Test of Gold - There is No Perfection Without Refinement

Guest .....--

If it was a choice between not getting married and not living grihast jivan to make next generation of sikhs and living a life of solitude i would say to my sisters do what needs to b done. You shud tell the fanatic men to live a day in your shoes b4 writing another word . Some might thing this is a corrupt view some may block this comment but unless we discuss issues openly we will bury topics under the carpet along with the future of sikhs

Singhs who have unibrows, alot of hair on their face and body hair are walking into our current society with no problem. It has to do with self cofidence. I see guys that don't have self cofidence and they get tossed around by everyone. Even kids younger than them. They could have their hair cut or not. If the person has self cofidence, then man or woman can stand up to any society and hold firm to keeping hair uncut. There are women who are completely confident in how much hair they have and don't shake when someone sees them as weird. These women have self cofidence and don't let some person who is no higher or lower than them, tell them what they should or shouldn't do. Instead these strong women make others realize there is more to life than just an external dried up shell.

Speaking as a Singh. Speak to a girl that is stuck into society. Like the sterotype....their blondes. It doesn't matter if she has a phd in philosophy, medicine, or any other field. The things that come out of there mouth is filth. Not for one second can they hold a conversation without contradicting their own belief system. They go in circles and circles.It's like watching a dog claw at the mirror because it just saw his own reflection or chasing his tail in a circle. There main focus is on worldy things and don't have any sense on why we are here on earth.

I'm not trying to insult these women, but saying what happens to a girl once she enters into a lifestyle as living to what society wants from her. The smart ones know its wrong to do, but can't build the self confidence to move away from it all. It's too bad these smart girls just don't speak out for others and save some girl from going into the world that will chew you up and spit you out.

Hair is such a small thing in life and people make it into be all and end all. Let it grow and keep living your life by devoting yourself to Gurbani. One day you will realize how foolish it was to be sucked into these society traps.

• 9 months later...

Well honestly, i have the same problem. Im confused too because i have a mustach and people make fun of it too. i dont care about my legs or arm hair. My cousins mom let her laser it. But my mom is going against it and said im never going to. I respect guru ji but i just dont want to be known as a guy.....sorry cudnt help much :(

• 2 weeks later...

lol at icuc and his useless post - if that is a guy and he waxes his underarms that is so funny.

I don't agree with not bleaching hair because its an insult that God made us imperfect. Else we would not cut our nails, apply lotion etc etc. We do so much during the day to look good or maintain ourselves.

I think the reason we should not bleach our hair is because hair is given so much indescribable respect in sikhi that we should be looking after our hair and not be damaging it with bleach etc. Also, as sikhs I think we (and other humans) look more beautiful maintaining their natural beauty.

If a person says to you that you have hair on your face etc explain confidently that yes as a sikh you dont remove it and thats what you are. Most people do respect you for that. It is so true that all you need is confidence. If guys dont talk to you then so what it is a good thing at least you are not wasting time talking to guys that are not interested in being friends only.

You need to be grateful and confident.

Simple question to ask is would punj pyara bhai daya singh je or any of the panj pyare say waxing was ok? I think you'd find the answer is no. Actually at my amrithsanchar panj pyare stated do NOT remove any hair regardless of were it is. Now that was Guru Gobind Singh je talking to us at the amrithsanchar. So if panj said no. A no is a no. Right? I don't understand why we debate small things when we wouldn't do if our maternal fathers told us not to do something for own benefit. Why do we feel the need to question what Guru je tells us? If we see mahraji as our father we shouldn't question these things. Whatever Mahraji says They say/instruct to us for a reason which we may or may not understand.