Dont Judge People Based On External Form

dalsingh101

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, I am not the only one getting nasty notes in my mailbox. It is time for all monay to come together and take out these haters by any means necessary. :umm:

Look PunjabiLink. There are problems in the panth with cohesion. We don't want to add to it. Lets not talk of war but unity.

I made my point and I stick by it but also bear in mind that I also had a real close friend...no, actually he was like an older brother to me, and he was Amritdhari. OK this guy wasn't a big fighter but he helped me out majorly when I was younger and needed it most. You know the Panjabi styles, we never forget stuff like that!

Just see this as a temporary situation. Those idiots keeping things back with their backward mentality of exclusion are ultimately going to lose because they will carry on until it dawns on them that have excluded themselves from the world.

We weren't meant to be a closed of community and Sikh philosophy has something big and deep to say to the world that the people with narrow minds will never grasp, as they just follow the religion mechanically without vichaar or khoj (deliberation and analysis).

So keep cool.

All of the guys here. For the record.

I for one believe in the importance of open discussion in place of narrow mindedly avoiding confronting and exploring issues.

I see solutions possible from the former and the steady growth of problems with the second.

as a religion sikhs should understand that all kind of people exists in religion.

practising,non practising and semi practising we have to accept them as a part of our community.our destinies are all different we don't know at what point practising sikh become non practing or non practising become practising.it is all god's will.code of conduct's are not only part of sikh religions other religions also have code of conduct.take a look at islam mohammed clearly said that he has no connection with people who shave their beards but 99% of muslims do it.the only difference with sikhism and other religion is that they don't call people which are not following code of conduct as non sikh,non hindu's or non jews etc.if sikhs do not leave this habit of calling others as non sikhs then they will loose more and more people

to dera's christians,islam,and hinduism etc we all agree that becoming true

sikh is very difficuilt so we should accept all those people who beleive in teachings of guru's and guru granth sahib as their living guru.

See, I am not the only one getting nasty notes in my mailbox. It is time for all monay to come together and take out these haters by any means necessary. :umm:

Look PunjabiLink. There are problems in the panth with cohesion. We don't want to add to it. Lets not talk of war but unity.

I made my point and I stick by it but also bear in mind that I also had a real close friend...no, actually he was like an older brother to me, and he was Amritdhari. OK this guy wasn't a big fighter but he helped me out majorly when I was younger and needed it most. You know the Panjabi styles, we never forget stuff like that!

Just see this as a temporary situation. Those idiots keeping things back with their backward mentality of exclusion are ultimately going to lose because they will carry on until it dawns on them that have excluded themselves from the world.

We weren't meant to be a closed of community and Sikh philosophy has something big and deep to say to the world that the people with narrow minds will never grasp, as they just follow the religion mechanically without vichaar or khoj (deliberation and analysis).

So keep cool.

Fair enough. But these people need to realize that we monay would not back down. We monay are not scared of you Sikh extremists. I don't mind taking these people out if I have to.

as a religion sikhs should understand that all kind of people exists in religion.

practising,non practising and semi practising we have to accept them as a part of our community.our destinies are all different we don't know at what point practising sikh become non practing or non practising become practising.it is all god's will.code of conduct's are not only part of sikh religions other religions also have code of conduct.take a look at islam mohammed clearly said that he has no connection with people who shave their beards but 99% of muslims do it.the only difference with sikhism and other religion is that they don't call people which are not following code of conduct as non sikh,non hindu's or non jews etc.if sikhs do not leave this habit of calling others as non sikhs then they will loose more and more people

to dera's christians,islam,and hinduism etc we all agree that becoming true

sikh is very difficuilt so we should accept all those people who beleive in teachings of guru's and guru granth sahib as their living guru.

I agree. Nice post, bro. d_oh.gif

Guest peacemaker

I'm not monay, but I do sympathize with you! Keep hope alive, brother!

Flipping hell - a month later and the same topic. I think me and Punjabi_Link were having a beautiful debate in our last one. I was in the middle of exams and decided to drop it cos it was getting beyond a joke. I was telling Punjabi_Link in our last topic that to be sikh you must have both inner and outer. If you have one and not the other you are INCOMPLETE. It doesn't matter if you have an inner first or an outer but you must start somewhere and you cannot use others people's journey as a reason to label and hate.

I've been reading posts and I think thats the problem. So called 'Mona' don't understand this point. I think thats the crux of this arguement. You have to have BOTH inner and outer in Sikhi. The trouble with some people is that they find it hard to have outer and instead justify this by bantering on about how they have an inner and so why must people ask them why they don't have an outer....erm just like someone will ask about why you don't have an inner! People shouldn't get offened.

I dunno if Punjabi_link is joking about this war stuff of sikh vs sikh but I think its really stupid. I don't think I've ever written this but this is precisely what pisses me off the most about sikhs. Instead of having unity they argue with each other.

Also sikhs never have community feeling....for instance I see Sikhs around all the time but they never stop by to say hello - instead they give you weird looks and I find many of them look down on seeing someone who is Amritdhari. I'm not Amritdhari but I wear a keshki and this is what I have noticed. The punjabi people who I see as being apne are really mean and probably the worst.

This guy once made me cry cos instead of being like oh cool ure sikh too - he gave me a dirty look. My character is to find out exactly what was wrong and so when i asked him he was like nah i got nothing against but I just like to keep my distance cos of I don't want people to get intimidated. What normal sane person would say this kind of thing? I was like oh i see. Stupid prejudiced Sh*thead. I get better treatment from white people. I have yet to meet a white person who is like oh i don't wanna talk to you cos u wear a keskhi which was exactly wat this punjabi mona was saying.

I don't see why i have to be treated in such a bad way. I used to think that sikh people were nice but I'm kinda fast learning that its better not to talk to sikhs. All my friends this year have been white. Apne people are really prejudiced and nasty. I've never in my life been mean to anyone but this is what these people do. I've been living out for the last two year and this is what I have noticed and for some stupid reason I get alot of people trying to raise arguements between punjabi culture and religion. I am both punjabi and sikh. My family has been like that for decades. My great grandparents were both but now for some absurd reason people are looking for fights.

This is the sad state of our sikhi today. Its all about sikh dissing another sikh. A sikh will see another sikh and feel 'competition' rather than saying we should help each other. Its all about arguing. I'm not going to take part in this but if there will be a so called fight as Punjabi_link says then I hope these idiots kill each other off. That way normal people like me live and we can build a sikhi where love and compassion is the way forward - people our sikhs need to go back to the brotherhood and unity they once had.

Your fellow brothers were sending me notes in my mailbox telling me to that they're going to kill every mona. So I reply back and said, bring it on b*****. I hope these people show their identity and post in this thread. Show your faces, cowards.

I told you before but you still don't understand. Don't group me.

So you don't want to be group with Sikhs? In other words, you don't want to be label as a Sikh? :umm: