Amritdharees Marrying Non Amritdharees

Jassa u talk truth, if ppl dont want to believe it, thats there karam, considered yourself blessed that you possess power(knowledge=power). i understand it gets annoying for me too, when trying to explain puratan traditions, but modern mainstram ppl r deluded by the maryada created by the british.

if you are unsure if you can take amrit because your wife or partner isnt ready, you go and take it, its your karam, your destiny is your destiny. you came alone and you are going alone, inspire and influence your partner. but the choice is hers, dont have an akj forceful maryada, where you force some1 to take amrit, inspire them to take amrit. if they dont, thats there bad karam.

just a thought for those ppl who question puratan maryada, do you think when Guru Gobind singh created the khalsa in 1699, when he summoned every1 to be at anandpur sahib, he said to every1 'oh bring your wifes along', nobody knew what he was guna do, they didnt bring there wifes. it was estimated over 20,000 ppl took amrit, and no1 can ever say it was 10k men, and 10k women. men took it and became singhs, they went bak home to there wife and children, and when there wifes were ready, then received kirpan da amrit. women were women, they had children, and experienced things men dont.

This don't make sense on so many levels. But I won't destroy your bliss man. Keep believing in your fantasy's. God only knows what else you guys will come up with.

Maybe for the first two lava have the man infront and then the women infront for the next two lava and make the man hold the lar. And maybe just for fun when the women is infront have them walk counterclock wise around Guru Sahib.

Talk about crazy!!!!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear all,

First of all please excuse me if any of my view point seems offensive to anyone...these are just my thoughts and are not intended to hurt anyone

I think, we have forgotten one basic stuff ...Religion is a way to reach God...One reaches God to thank God and be a good human being. Different religions are differeny ways to reach God.

Now we are all making a big fuss that one should only marry in the same religion or one should not ask his wife/husband to take amrit as well. Religion cannot be forced on anyone. This way we are forcing our Religion and view point on some body else. Even if you force your wife/husband to convert in to sikhism or take amrit, do you think that that person will sincerely follow your religion or view point.

The point that I am trying to make is that Religion is one's personal belief and way to reach God. It shouldnt be forced on others. We are fast becoming a very rigid and fundamentalist kind of religion (just like the Muslims have become). One shouldn't forget the basic thing that one should be a good human being first. One should be greatful to God and thankful to God. One shouldnt waste their time trying to force people to follow their Religion.

So please ignore that you cannot have physical relationship with your non amritdhari partner.

Apologies again if I have hurt someone.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

MAY YOU BE OR NOT BE AMRITDHAREE, EVEN THAN WE

ALL ARE SISTERS AND BROTHERS:-

"EK PITA EKAS KE HUM BARIK"

But TRUE SIKH (Irrespective of caste,colour,creed,

and/or sex)is the person who is AMRITDHARI means

he/she has taken KHANDE KI PAHUL from PUNJ PIYARE

in presence of GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI.

"SINGH SOI PARVAN KHANDE KI PAHUL CHHAKE"

By mere taking KHANDE KI PAHUL to gather husband and

wife are not becoming brother and sister physically but

definitely they become part and parcel of KHALSA PANTH.

If every AMRITDHARI becomes sister n brother than how

the PANTH will grow. So please do not create a dispute

rather encourage non amritdharis to become PARVAAN SIKH

and prefer marrying AMRITDHARI if you yourself are

AMRITDHARI but do not hesitate to marry non amritdhari

who has faith in SIKHI and encourage him/her to take

KHANDE KI PAHUL and take yourself again alongwith your

spouse.wkk wkf '

just a thought for those ppl who question puratan maryada, do you think when Guru Gobind singh created the khalsa in 1699, when he summoned every1 to be at anandpur sahib, he said to every1 'oh bring your wifes along', nobody knew what he was guna do, they didnt bring there wifes. it was estimated over 20,000 ppl took amrit, and no1 can ever say it was 10k men, and 10k women. men took it and became singhs, they went bak home to there wife and children, and when there wifes were ready, then received kirpan da amrit. women were women, they had children, and experienced things men dont.
Good point, although it wouldn't be so far fetched to think that at least some men might have brought their wives along to get darshan of Guru Sahib.

Good point, although it wouldn't be so far fetched to think that at least some men might have brought their wives along to get darshan of Guru Sahib.

If today men find it hard to bring their women along nowadays then what chance was this happening 300 years ago !!!

Wasn't Mata Sahib Kaur there.

If today women find it hard to bring their men along nowadays then what chance was this happening 300 years ago !!!!!!

This theory these guys present is completely wacko. It doesn't matter if the women has taken amrit or not we still consider them our sisters.

Some of these guys are just making up excuses so they can fantasize about other women. Get that mind out of the gutter and SHE IS YOUR SISTER. YOUR SISTER!!!!! ohmy.gif That'll set them straightbiggrin.gif

Its mata sahib devan ... you need to check the signatures of mata sahib devan on various hukamnams they wrote throughout there life ... its says sahib devan not sahib kaur unless those hukamname were written by RSS ...

And two well known historical facts which are know to most and on the same hand hardest to accept by most even though there are more then enough historical records to prove them ... yet its hard as truth is always ...

the anandkarj mareyada we follow today was started by nirankaris

amrit given to women on large scale was by baba ram singh 11th guru of namdharis

Some of these guys are just making up excuses so they can fantasize about other women. Get that mind out of the gutter and SHE IS YOUR SISTER. YOUR SISTER!!!!!

yes she is my sister thats what 5 peyar tell everyone taking amrit you are now guru bhai and guru bhen isnt it true ... then how come husband and wife took amrit together and carry on living as husband and wife ... now thats why puratan mareyada set up by guru gobind singh jee was best ... there was no discrimination for a women to take amrit ... which anti mareyada people tend to project ...every women was wlecome to take amrit anytime ... but then she cant continue to live as a husband and wife ...

people who started this mareyada ... i want enjoyment in my life yet i want amrit ... and they changed it to naamdhari belief ... yet they forgot to remove " now you all are brothers and sisters from the mareyada "

not many people spend 10 minutes in searching our history of gold yet they can spend hours proving the thing they think is right ...

To the OP,

An Amritdhaari MUST marry another Amritdhaari, just like the Punj Pyare tell you. If they dont marry another one, how can they be Amritdhaari themselves if they dont follow 100% Rehat?

Also to all of the people coming into Sikhi, please ignore most of the cr@p in this thread as it is all lies :)

Pevoh Pahal Khande Dhaar. Waheguru.

Its mata sahib devan ... you need to check the signatures of mata sahib devan on various hukamnams they wrote throughout there life ... its says sahib devan not sahib kaur unless those hukamname were written by RSS ...

Present this proof. Present the Hukamnams

And two well known historical facts which are know to most and on the same hand hardest to accept by most even though there are more then enough historical records to prove them ... yet its hard as truth is always ...

the anandkarj mareyada we follow today was started by nirankaris

amrit given to women on large scale was by baba ram singh 11th guru of namdharis

Present these hard hitting historical facts.

Some of these guys are just making up excuses so they can fantasize about other women. Get that mind out of the gutter and SHE IS YOUR SISTER. YOUR SISTER!!!!!
yes she is my sister thats what 5 peyar tell everyone taking amrit you are now guru bhai and guru bhen isnt it true ... then how come husband and wife took amrit together and carry on living as husband and wife ... now thats why puratan mareyada set up by guru gobind singh jee was best ... there was no discrimination for a women to take amrit ... which anti mareyada people tend to project ...every women was wlecome to take amrit anytime ... but then she cant continue to live as a husband and wife ...

people who started this mareyada ... i want enjoyment in my life yet i want amrit ... and they changed it to naamdhari belief ... yet they forgot to remove " now you all are brothers and sisters from the mareyada "

not many people spend 10 minutes in searching our history of gold yet they can spend hours proving the thing they think is right ...

You have blood sisters and then spiritual sisters.

You treat both of them the same, but do you go up to every spiritual sister say Fateh and then give them a hug. Now think of it if you give your blood sister a hug. There will be two different response here. The latter will smile(blood sister) and the first(spiritual sister) will smack you or give a response closer to this.

Man and women get married, what happens-two souls become one, but there in two body's. Now are they just spiritual brother and sister, no they have been blessed by Guru Sahib to be husband and wife. They have taken on a deeper relationship with each other. What's these two individuals goals in life, to be with God.

Jassa ji, in your mareyada, to what I understand is that a Amritdhari man has to marry an non Amritdhari women and once they get married she still can't take Amrit till they have the amount of kids they want and once they do then she can take Amrit. And once she does then this couple has to live as brother and sister. This doesn't make sense because we treat every women as sister and it doesn't matter if there Amritdhari or not. In your mareyada a man can't even get married.

Present this proof. Present the Hukamnams

if i get those hukamnams scanned which had clear signatures of mata sahib devan would u accept it or you will ignore and continue in stuff you will believe ??? Let me tell you where u can get these hukamnamas Punjabi University collected all hukamnamas avaiable throughout india related to sikh gurus mata jis and baba banda bahadur ... scanned them and translated them ... and published this book under the name of hukamanas of sikh panth ... buy it ... it would be an eye opener ... if u cant get it let me know we have it in library and i will click fer pics from the hukamnamas of mata sahib devan ...

Present these hard hitting historical facts.

anyone who has some independent historical reserch knows them and i think most of us knows it no matter we accept it or not its not going to change it anyway ... dont believe me ... just go the most oldest person in ur family ur dadi or nani around 70 - 80 years old ... ask him this question he will answer just believe him ... ask him how sikh rehat was different when they were kids to know ...

Jassa ji, in your mareyada,

its not my mareyada its gurus mareyada ... like many things it just got gupt ... thats the only difference ... today we have divide karha parshad in 5 parts on the name of punj peyare ... but the real mareyada was it was divided into 6 ... before 5 peyare was made ... karha parshad was divided into two parts ... its was know as guru dareya da hissa ... guru gobind singh ji combined mareyada of earlier gurus with his he never changed it ... and today we forgot it ... we never give guru dareya his part ... earlier people said dont eat gurus karha it has magic u will be his sikh ... and now why it dont even work over sikhs ... the difference is between 20th century and 18th century mareyada ... this was just an example there are thousand of small and big things changed ... no matter even 0 person follows them ... yet they will remain mareyada ... and some day people will wake up ...

as in sarbloh granth at the end of khalsa mahima guru sahib wrote ... malechan khalsa hosi nash guru khalsa hosi parkash ... time will come ... we all are khalsa in our eyes we read same bannia ... we all wake up same time in morning ... everything ... but the difference would we awakeness ... if we read some thing new we just say its crap just becuase our mind says so or we start searching about it ... only those person can say guru sahib cant do this either usne guru nu pa leya and brhamgeyani ho geya ... or he even started walking on the path ... for people between 0 and 100 % attitude should be positive guru sahib can do anything ... may be i understand it or not ...

PS - for me my real sis my spirtual sis my real bro my spirtual bro and u all are same ... and may be one day i will also marry an amritdhari girl ... but that doesny mean the mareyada wil be changed or i shall not speak about ... its all in the hands of guru ...

if ur all pumped up while reading this post ... ur eyes are reading and ur mind is telling u the answers .. for this line i will reply this ... for this i will reply this ... and just waiting for for this post to fisnish so that u can just press reply button and start replying ... then i must say either ur 0% or 100% not in between ... think about it ...