Non-sikhs Getting Married In Gurdwaras

machete

A Sikh is taught not to have hate towards others; therefore a Sikh is not a racist and should have no discrimination what so ever, as Sikhs are taught gods light exists within all. Anyone is allowed into the Gurdwara regardless of race, religion and status etc People of any background can come to eat food from the free kitchen, listen to Sikh hymns and partake in other productive activities such as charity work etc. also anyone from any background is able to embrace the Sikh fold and in turn practice the Sikh religion. Once a person had joined the Sikh nation, they have the right to undergo, the Sikh naming ceremony, the Amrit ceremony (this is when a Sikh metaphorically gives his head to the guru and vows to serve the guru). The Gurdwaras and baptized Sikh live by a code of conduct, this code of conduct make up Sikh ethics and principals. Sikhs treat ever one fairly and equally, however there is some needed boundaries and limits. The code of conduct states that a Sikh may only marry another Sikh in the Sikh wedding ceremony that takes place in the Gurdwara. This is logical and all other faiths have the same principle, for example if I was born in Britain I would not be able to play for the brazil football team in the world cup, this doesn’t make brazil racist because all types of people are welcome to the country. In the same way there is no sense and logic in a non-Sikh having a Sikh wedding! I mean if the person is not a Sikh of the Guru and has no faith in guru Ji, why would they want a Sikh wedding. A lot of Gurdwaras are breaking the code of conduct and making a mockery out of Sikh ethics and the Sikh wedding ceremony. So if you are a Sikh and wish to marry some one who practices another faith please don’t book a Sikh wedding and make a mockery of Sikh ethics, I mean if your partner isn’t Sikh why have a Sikh wedding. Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji has stated that a Sikh should marry a Sikh. ohmy.gif

first you say 'anybody is welcome into the Gurdwara' then u say 'if sikh wants to marry a non-sikh don't come to the Gurdwara'...

you people are freakin ridiculous.. u sit there and judge everybody because it makes u feel better about yourselves... why not look at your own self.. i can guarantee none'a you have perfect amritvela... many dun keep proper rehat... n many dun even kno the first thing about Bani ... (not to say that i perfect, cah i far from it)...

why dun u start lookin in our own 'panth' first... 99% of 'sikh marriages' performed in gurdwara's are by people who don't even follow sikhi!! yeh... i sure u or sum1 in ur family who's more into punjabi culture has had a weddin @ a gurdwara... those same weddings where, 6 hours later they're all gettin drunk outta their mind @ at banquet hall..

We are NOBODY to deny access to anybody in a Gurudwara... thats exactly it, A Guru Ghar, a house of God... we should feel damn proud that sum1 wants to have one of their most sacred ceremonies in the presence of our Beloved Guru..

y'all sit there n talk bout 'coversions' and 'non-sikhs can't marry in a gurudwara' and all this next nonsense dat dun even concern you.. get a life... FOCUS ON YOUR OWN SIKHI!!!!

y'all sit on ur butts talkin bout gurdwara corruption n not enuff parchar etcc... get off ur lazy arses and DO somethin bout it... wi talk so much, and do so little... THAT is why the quam is gettin messed up (if it already isn't messed up)... i's nah because of hindus... i's nah because of muslims... i's because of our own freakin selves..

cybergyanees... GET A LIFE!

btw... you CUD play for the Brazil team if you were a resident there.. and had a card... jus like Brett Hull (a canadian born player) plays for the USA national team..

first you say 'anybody is welcome into the Gurdwara' then u say 'if sikh wants to marry a non-sikh don't come to the Gurdwara'...

you people are freakin ridiculous.. u sit there and judge everybody because it makes u feel better about yourselves... why not look at your own self.. i can guarantee none'a you have perfect amritvela... many dun keep proper rehat... n many dun even kno the first thing about Bani ... (not to say that i perfect, cah i far from it)...

why dun u start lookin in our own 'panth' first... 99% of 'sikh marriages' performed in gurdwara's are by people who don't even follow sikhi!! yeh... i sure u or sum1 in ur family who's more into punjabi culture has had a weddin @ a gurdwara... those same weddings where, 6 hours later they're all gettin drunk outta their mind @ at banquet hall..

We are NOBODY to deny access to anybody in a Gurudwara... thats exactly it, A Guru Ghar, a house of God... we should feel damn proud that sum1 wants to have one of their most sacred ceremonies in the presence of our Beloved Guru..

y'all sit there n talk bout 'coversions' and 'non-sikhs can't marry in a gurudwara' and all this next nonsense dat dun even concern you.. get a life... FOCUS ON YOUR OWN SIKHI!!!!

y'all sit on ur butts talkin bout gurdwara corruption n not enuff parchar etcc... get off ur lazy arses and DO somethin bout it... wi talk so much, and do so little... THAT is why the quam is gettin messed up (if it already isn't messed up)... i's nah because of hindus... i's nah because of muslims... i's because of our own freakin selves..

cybergyanees... GET A LIFE!

btw... you CUD play for the Brazil team if you were a resident there.. and had a card... jus like Brett Hull (a canadian born player) plays for the USA national team..

u need to go anger management, stop going off the topic , u either agree or u dont fair enuff if u dont,, but no need to chat next waffle. about the football thing, im talking about if some was born here and lives here they cant apply for brazil international team. yeah if u go live there get residence then ur brazilian daaaaaaaa then u can play, just my point u have to become a brazilain resident , then u can play. lets see if u get the metaphor.

damn there so many weirdos on this site

if guru ji was here in human saroop, then people would understand, currently no one fears guru ji, or seems to repect guru ji.

The Sat Guru doesnt need us, it is 'us' humans who need him, if anyone feels he or she doesnt need him then thats ok, leave sikhi alone and stop pretending to be sikhs. we need him!!!!!!!!

when a sikh wants to get married he does so in the presence of Guru Ji, as per marayada, only a sikh follows the gurus marayada. the couple want the blessings, the kirpa, etc . If you are not practicing sikhi and the guru was here in humn saroop, the guru would say to you (forgive me,but to prove a point, something long these lines), 'why do you come to me?' 'if you do not follow and have faith in the 5 kakkar, or try to follow the spirital path, or walk the path of the khalsa, then why come to me to get married, this aint a ritual or somat u gota do cos ur parents done it?'

the guru is forever forgiving and always blesses those who call for his help, but why hav an anand karaj, if you aint plannin on followin the sikh path or aint bothered about attaining salvation.

the guru in human saroop may tell you to come back with 5 kakar or when you learn what life is about..................

this is just to help ppl see the argument about non sikhs getin wed in a gurudwara, becos i feel they see guru ji as a book and dont understand the true meaning.............. i personally think if the couple want to become sikhs and are planning to follow gurus hukam and except guru ji as the sat guru then fair enough, but i have witnessed many marriages wher couples have cut hair, and eat meat , and clean shaven and do mamat things and look forward to the party and not understand why you do anand karaj, or what is represents, this is essential for us, its our guru ji, not a book, it would have been different if guru ji was in human saroop, and guru ji is no less here now than before.......

apologises, cos i dont know much and will hav made mistakes, dont trust what i say,read the guru granth sahib ji, and marayadas and listen to katha on the issue

okay... buh if y'all feel bout this when it comes to 'non-sikhs' why dun u guyz go crazy when its random punjabi's doin anand karaj at gurdwaras?

like i said... prolly 99% of all weddings in gurdwaras are done by those dat dun follow sikhi, many of which dun even kno the first ting about sikhi...

okay.. so u wanna 'clean up'... tha's understandable... le's clean up our own backyard before we try to criticize others bout their mess...

know wha i mean?

Guest Amrik$ingh
So Sikh can't marry Non-Sikh even if the Non-Sikh has converted to Sikhism?

if theyve converted to a sikh, they are no longer a non sikh. lol come on bro

lmao, ohh i swear, cracked me up