Bhangra

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah just dont dance or listen to worthless lyrics at all.

thriyaa raag sunehi chith laae || sunahu laal so jamapur jaae ||17||

Those who listen to dirty lyrics and lustful tunes with attention, listen Nand Lal Jee, they will be punished by the angel of death.;

myry mohn sRvnI ieh n sunwey ] swkq gIq nwd Duin gwvq bolq bol Ajwey ]1] rhwau ]

maerae mohan sravanee eih n sunaaeae || saakath geeth naadh dhhun gaavath bolath bol ajaaeae ||1|| rehaao ||

O my fascinating Lord, may I never listen to the faithless cynic, singing his songs and tunes, and chanting his useless words. ||1||Pause||

The Rehat is specific in stating lustful tunes but please re-read the Gurbani which states "faithless cynic" and "useless words". I think this confirms that if the singing is done by those who do not follow the basic Sikhi Rehat, it should be avoided. Even if that does mean that you may be enjoying yourself!

BIBI i was being sarcastic when i said that. lol

that shabad is talking about how humans dance to maya. read the entire shabad

i havent read the entire shabad yet! and takes to time to understand bani i aint no super person. sum1 mentioned so i posted!

u guys want to do bhangra or not, tuwadee marjee.. go ahead..

im a learner, im learning... tusi nachna nachloo, when you could be japping naam.. as guru jee says they dance in mandirs.. we go around dancing when we going to jap naam? while doin bhangra, i dont tink that will work. i am still learning as i said, moorakh

you probs turn around say oh its good to have fun or exercise but u can have fun japping nam listenin to keertan i dont see the point of dancing:S as a pehnjee/bhajee said earlier mute the tv while people dancing looks ridicilous.

this papi firm on her decision and its wrong, will not change opinion. you have your own opinions .. go ahead not stopping

you can just tell from topics like these and peoples views that the khalsa are never going to be one, like this very saddeing

cmon bro.. these topics dont prove anythg.. khalsa has always been one singh :umm: .. lub ju techo singh

Guest Akirtghan
you can just tell from topics like these and peoples views that the khalsa are never going to be one, like this very saddeing

ur the one trying to cause pangey half the time on here rolleyes.gif

*fight fight fight*

ur the one trying to cause pangey half the time on here rolleyes.gif

*fight fight fight*

i dont cause partitions in the panth tongue.gif

i cause pangey out of love as a fun sort of thing, when i do people know im joking , and you know you do