Domestic Abuse

Seva

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody in the sikh community i think i willing to help BUT the thing is the families cut these poor women off from everyone........they speak little to no English and cannot ask anyone for help maybe the only outlet for these women is the Gurdwara so more awareness need to be made within the Gurdwaras i think....................

Everybody in the sikh community i think i willing to help BUT the thing is the families cut these poor women off from everyone........they speak little to no English and cannot ask anyone for help maybe the only outlet for these women is the Gurdwara so more awareness need to be made within the Gurdwaras i think....................

I agree but the biggest problem is most of these women are from Punjab and they have been taught that once they are married they have to spend the reat of the life with their in-laws. Agree or not but most of the women have made a compromise and they have accepted whatever is happening to them. Its all about their original family's honour.