Keeping Hair!

Sikh cutting hair  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Can a person cut hair and still be a proud sikh??

• Yes, sikhism is values, its a way of life
    • No, Sikhism means only the complete sikh way of life!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Akirtghan
Quick question: what about Sikh girls? I mean, I think it is a bigger problem for Sikh girls to keep their hair (including hair on their legs, face etc..) than it is for Sikh boys. Why do we have this big double standard in the Sikh community?
^^Same old crap rolleyes.gif

On a side note;

Also girls don't get face hair...the only hair apart from pubic is on the bottom of their lower legs and lower arms (the latter one is hardly visible) therefore they only get hair in 2 places..everywhere else the hair is not visible in the slightest...

Guys however I think get pubic hair but also hair on chest, arms, hands (girls don't get it in these places at all!)

*looks at the kes on her hands*

I never knew that. I could be more explicit, but it's offtopic. I remember a topic from a few years ago which had a picture of proud_to_be_singhni's toe. Goodtimes.

Sitargirl, not every girl has been programmed by God to look like you :wub: .

sitargirl: I know an amritdhari girl (I think she is amritdhari) has hair on her chin. Anyway, I bought this point out because I always see and hear how boys get criticize for cutting their kes while you rarely see & hear girls get any blame at all. So I can see where the guy (creator of this thread) is coming from with this issue. He makes a good point.

B4ND4 & his bed buddy (Akirtghan): The guy who created this topic pointed this double standard issue out. I just find it funny how no one here mention anything about his comment on that.

B4ND4 & his bed buddy (Akirtghan): The guy who created this topic pointed this double standard issue out. I just find it funny how no one here mention anything about his comment on that.

:wub: Thats all you are good at, passing meaningless remarks. I don't blame you for that.

Guest Akirtghan
sitargirl: I know an amritdhari girl (I think she is amritdhari) has hair on her chin. Anyway, I bought this point out because I always see and hear how boys get criticize for cutting their kes while you rarely see & hear girls get any blame at all. So I can see where the guy (creator of this thread) is coming from with this issue. He makes a good point.
the whole world doesn't revolve around you rolleyes.gif
well thanks for showing me YET AGAIN, what maturity level is your thinking at :awesome what you call a "double standard" is only in your head, or maybe perhaps in the 1% of sikhs around you. trust me, there are others that treat men and women equally, OMG a shocker for you i guess rolleyes.gif

the more you post, the more i realize why singhs dont like you, and i dont blame em man tongue.gif

thanks a ton for your replies. pretty long stuff I m writng here but I hope u will really go through it.

I really respect what you just said. But its like why? I mean whole heartedly I agree with you that even a thought like this is shameful, and that is the only reason I am unable to talk to gursikh elders about this. But like in real world I dont know but I am really attracted to fantasies. and with hair as I went deep see diving last week I have to do a lot of problems. I could never do swimming way back at school because the hair do get wet and you have to take a head wash. now the kindof problems which come are different. The day the results of auditions were to come for the drama club at our college, the most senior guy comes to me and tells me that we wont be able to offer you main roles because you dont represent the character even though your acting is good, and you can be a part of the production team. My girl friend does not want to hang out with me. And if u think I want to cut hair for her alone then I have dumped her for that. And its like as much as we want to cover this fact but the girls really dont want to be out with us. Sikh girls marry sikh boys only because of parent pressure. and I know lustful life is not what Guru Ji would have guided but then I am really young and I do want to enjoy my life a lot more! I mean seriously this is isnt any offense to anything GuruJi might have told but like I do a lot of path and dont understand even a single word. Then I ask my mom why do sikhs do so much part when they dont understand the gurbani. She said that is the path of sikhi. But is it correct. I knew its not. So I read a 'satik' to understand the meaning of whats been written. and Gurbani Ji repeatedly only said to give importance to molarity, be humble, remember God, God is the ultimate. But cant we just keep religion as something that guides us. That takes us closer to God. and lust and everything is designed by God himself. Why shouldnt my life be of a humble person whose objective is to help others, be nice and polite, thank God for everything he does to us, but at the same time enjoy my life to the fullest. I mean I have tried doing path. I have been to Gurudwaras for long hours meditating but dont know. I am a really enterprising person as I see myself and I just cant help things anymore. I want fun in life.

Please Rehelp[ :wub: ]

Thank u so much!!!