Anand Karaj Ceremonies

Eliminate the 90% of Sikhs with one hukamnama from India
:wub:

A Hukamnama can't eliminate Sikhs....it only sets the bar....if you can't reach the bar, then you've eliminated yourself....

With that said, most "Sikhs" today are losers....because they've quit on their rehit....they have quit in battle against their minds....and quitters never win (quit = lose)....most current day "Sikhs" are "students who refuse to learn and understand"

life is a game in which you have to defeat your mind....

sabh safaliou janam thinaa dhaa guramukh jinaa man jin paasaa dtaaliaa ||

Fruitful are the lives of those who, as Gurmukh, have conquered their minds-they have won the game of life.

Guru Raam Daas Ji

Siree Raag

but in order to play this game (with a chance to win) you must first understand the game itself....

janam jeeth maran man maaniaa ||

So win the game of life; let your mind surrender and accept death.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Raag Gauree

har har dhaeiaal hovai jis oupar so guramukh har jap jinakaa ||21||

That Gurmukh, unto whom the Lord becomes merciful, chants the Lord's Name, and wins the game of life. ||21|

Guru Amar Daas Ji

Raag Sorath

but only a those few Sikhs who have given their head to Guru Ji understand this game and what is at stake

jan naanak eihu khael kat(h)an hai kinehoo(n) guramukh jaanaa ||2||1||

O servant Nanak, this is such a difficult game; only a few Gurmukhs understand it! ||2||1||

Guru Tegh Bahaadur Ji

Raag Gauree

Those who fail to understand this game, waste their opportunity

nipatt baajee haar mookaa pashhuthaaeiou man bhoraa ||2||

When the game of life is over, and he has lost, and he breathes his last, then the fool regrets and repents in his mind. ||2||

Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Raag Aasaa

birathhaa janam gavaaeiaa baajee haaree ||

They waste this human life in vain, and lose the game in the gamble

Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Raag Aasaa

I think this next Shabad describes the majority our "Quam"

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Gauree on Pannaa 180

gauVI guAwryrI mhlw 5 ]

gourree guaaraeree mehalaa 5 ||

Gauree Gwaarayree, Fifth Mehla:

pRwxI jwxY iehu qnu myrw ]

praanee jaanai eihu than maeraa ||

The mortal claims this body as his own.

bhuir bhuir auAwhU lptyrw ]

bahur bahur ouaahoo lapattaeraa ||

Again and again, he clings to it.

puqR klqR igrsq kw Pwsw ]

puthr kalathr girasath kaa faasaa ||

He is entangled with his children, his wife and household affairs.

honu n pweIAY rwm ky dwsw ]1]

hon n paaeeai raam kae dhaasaa ||1||

He cannot be the slave of the Lord. ||1||

kvn su ibiD ijqu rwm gux gwie ]

kavan s bidhh jith raam gun gaae ||

What is that way, by which the Lord's Praises might be sung?

kvn su miq ijqu qrY ieh mwie ]1] rhwau ]

kavan s math jith tharai eih maae ||1|| rehaao ||

What is that intellect, by which this person might swim across, O mother? ||1||Pause||

jo BlweI so burw jwnY ]

jo bhalaaee so buraa jaanai ||

That which is for his own good, he thinks is evil.

swcu khY so ibKY smwnY ]

saach kehai so bikhai samaanai ||

If someone tells him the truth, he looks upon that as poison.

jwxY nwhI jIq Aru hwr ]

jaanai naahee jeeth ar haar ||

He cannot tell victory from defeat.

iehu vlyvw swkq sMswr ]2]

eihu valaevaa saakath sa(n)saar ||2||

This is the way of life in the world of the faithless cynic. ||2||

jo hlwhl so pIvY baurw ]

jo halaahal so peevai bouraa ||

The demented fool drinks in the deadly poison,

AMimRqu nwmu jwnY kir kaurw ]

a(n)mrith naam jaanai kar kouraa ||

while he believes the Ambrosial Naam to be bitter.

swDsMg kY nwhI nyir ]

saadhhasa(n)g kai naahee naer ||

He does not even approach the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy;

lK caurwsIh BRmqw Pyir ]3]

lakh chouraaseeh bhramathaa faer ||3||

he wanders lost through 8.4 million incarnations. ||3||

eykY jwil Phwey pMKI ]

eaekai jaal fehaaeae pa(n)khee ||

The birds are caught in the net of Maya;

ris ris Bog krih bhu rMgI ]

ras ras bhog karehi bahu ra(n)gee ||

immersed in the pleasures of love, they frolic in so many ways.

khu nwnk ijsu Bey ik®pwl ] guir pUrY qw ky kwty jwl ]4]13]82]

kahu naanak jis bheae kirapaal || gur poorai thaa kae kaattae jaal ||4||13||82||

Says Nanak, the Perfect Guru has cut away the noose from those, unto whom the Lord has shown His Mercy. ||4||13||82||

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2desi Ji,

Thanks for very valuable post. I feel you are Sikh with a very fine heart and great love for Guru Sahib ji, and I am genuinely touched by that.

Vir Ji ,

Those who realised GOD even in the time of Guru Sahib they were Virlay ( rare) as I am sure you are aware of it.

Some how we have bad Sikhs now is not right, only need to check the history of last 30 years and you can see for yourself how many gave everything for the principles of Sikhi.

So when somebody say some how old time Sikh were on whole better then the current Sikhs, I don’t think it is fair statement.

Sikhi is not diminishing, We have more Sikhs in the world right now then ever before. What we have is that Sikhism comparatively in his teen age and as you know teen age is a age of unsettling times and experimentations.

But the Sprit of Sikhi is still as it was on the days when Guru Gobind Singh Ji was him self directing Sikhs in person. Of course we don’t have a good leader right now but the Sprit of Sikhi is well robust.

It is a nostalgia in human nature to say the past was good and present is not so good.

Their were Sikhs in Guru Gobind Singh’s time too who disobey the Guru Sahib and these Sikhs were also the same Sikhs who on other times gave their life on one indication of Guru Sahib ji, So Human beings are full of faults and contradictions, When these Sikhs made mistakes and did not obeyed Guru Sahib, Guru Sahib did not say to them that from now onwards you are not my Sikhs. Of course they were not very good Sikhs but they were not outcasted by Guru Sahib.

When I said one Hukamnama can eliminate 90% of the Sikhs it was a hypothetical sarcasm.

Guru Sahib himself said many times that Great Gurusikhs are rare, now if you going to set the standard as a model Sikh should be and declare all others as non Sikhs, the answer is clear to you , me and everybody who read this will be completely against the Gurmat, when Guru Sahib say that I am Sinner oh GOD save me with your kindness then how come Guru’s Sikhs can raise the bar so high to accept somebody as Sikhs that 90% can fail , Do you really think that is what Guru Sahib’s wishes are ?

( by the way above reference to history is given on the basis of after the war Guru Sahib asked few Sikhs to do the final rights of the dead according to their religion and few Sikhs even burnt the bodies of some Muslims, Guru Sahib was well upset about this and he used really harsh words to show his disapproval of this bad act of some Sikhs, Also their were many Sikhs in the Guru Sahib’s army who were not Amritdhari even after encouragement was given to them by many people . )

We don’t have good leader , and we don’t want to make decisions based on common sense, we want to ignore the history , we don’t want to take Guru Granth Sahib’s advise, we can not accept others , We just get temperamental on little issues and have no tolerance for anybody who says anything different from us even when the arguments are based on Gurbani we don’t want to change our stands as Some Joe Blog Said something mean much more then Guru Granth Sahib’s words.

Embrace the world, and World will fall in love with you ( because Guru Sahib’s updesh is so great that you can not help yourself and just fall in love).

Be a narrow minded and world will say their Guru must be narrow minded.

I let you make the decision for yourself.

Thanks

Kulsin.

My Dear Vir Akritghan Ji ( I am just addressing you with your chosen name I don’t think for 1 micro second that you are Akritghan at all, I believe you are quite the opposite of it),

You pierced my heart with 100% true statement. Of course Guru Granth Sahib ji is our leader in every walk of life.

Apologies for not writing correctly.

Please read my comment “Of course we don’t have a good leader right now” as modified to Of course we don’t have a Sikh as our good leader ( who most of Sikhs agree with) in person to interface with world to address our issues and issues concerning humanity.

My point is related to the need for a good political and social leader in human form,. Guru Granth Sahib ji is of course Pathshaw of Pathshaws. Just our community don’t take a lead from Guru Granth Sahib, if we did then it would be fantastic. But In the present time there is a need for a great political leader who can address our social and political issues.

I agree with you but I also hope you get the main thinking behind my post.

Thanks

Kulsin

Kulsin Ji,

I wasn't trying to say that Sikhs in the past are better than Sikhs now. I was just talking about current day Sikhs and not making a comparison to any other time period.

The point of my post was to point out that most Sikhs today don't follow the teachings of our Gurus, don't follow their rehit, don't read any banis or do simran, they smoke tobacco and drink alcohol, do drugs, cut their hair, are obsessed with caste, self image, youngsters in the west don't even know the names of our Gurus or any history at all

The worst part about this is that most of these 'Sikhs' don't want to change their way because they classify themselves as 'not religious' (Not Religious Sikhs, if that makes any sense)

Classify yourself as "not religious" and drinking alcohol isn't bad anymore, smoking isn't bad, cutting your hair isn't bad, meaning all of this stuff is accepted as being okay if your "not religious".

Follow your rehit, and take amrit (even if your building up your rehit and keeping your kesh) do these things and your classified as being "Too Religious or Too Strict."

When I just entered high school I had "monay" (who are now my friends but still have no knowledge of Sikhi) giving me advice like "you don't need to keep your hair", "drinking alcohol is okay" ect... Trying to tell me that my parents had tricked me into following an old "tradition".

Why? Because their own parents had told them this. I would laugh at them and tell them how stupid and anti Sikh their comments were.

Back to the original problem the Akand Karaj Ceremonies, I believe its become a "hollow" ceremony for the "not religious" types who don't understand Gurbani and merely do the ceremony for "show" (lights, cameras, all of the jewelry, everyone dressing up) and not for the blessing of Guru Ji.

This is an interesting topic to discuss about.

I personally may not even get married at gurdwara and follow Anand Karaj Ceremony, but I have a lot of "sikh" friends who will end up getting married at gurdwara. So I wonder if they're allowed to get married at gurdwara even though they don't follow sikhi at all. It would be interesting to see how sikh leaders approach this issue and seeing the outcome will be regarding this issue. Also this could potentially be bad news for gurdwaras who depend on weddings to make money and keep their gurdwaras running.

The way i can see it, and i could be wrong,

is that if we are not able to commit to the guru ie take amrit, follow rehit and accept the guru. then why do we want to have an anand karaj to get married, why not just do a registry.

another thing is, just cos our ancestors or we are from a sikh background it doesnt mean we gota go to the gurudwara or do sikh ceromonies. Wats the point of doing things , in that sense we are performing rituals.

Sikhi isnt about numbers, when guru gobind singh ji called out before 50 000 + sangat, only 5 came forward, if the guru says rehit is most important then we shud leave it at that and understand, thers nothing to be confused about.............