Kaam And Marriage

Guest Guest

Guest akiratghan's freind ;-)

i agree tht procreation and kaam are not the same

i disagree with the fact tht some people say we are only supposed to control the 5 chor and not destroy them

and tht if we did destroy them our body would be destroyed

one can have kids without having kaam, kaam is in the MIND, if in your mind, there is only naam, there is no space for the 5 chor.

kaam krodh ahunkaar nivaarae

Eradicating sexual desire, anger and egotism,

thusukur punch subadh sunghaarae

she destroys the five thieves through the Word of the Shabad.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the person i'ma marry, i wud stop lookin at her as a 'sister' when i get engaged to her... (considerin i knew her before i got engaged)...

i talkin bout once ur married... would u still see ur wife as ur sister?

So its ok to marry our sisters and then say "she was my sister now shes my wife"?

Fateh.

interesting... so... i dunno singh, wha do you see it as? how are we supposed to see it?

sum1 once said to me... 'i can't look at all bibian as my sisters... because what if i marry one of them? i'd feel nasty'... haha.. i guess that applies here? so what are we supposed to think?

oh.. n u din answer my question... when ur married, would you see ur wife as a sister? (i'm guessin from ur lass post the answer is no?)

There are more ways to show respect or be polite to someone than calling them your brother or sister.

As for your question, i dont look at every woman as my sister, i look at them as human beings who deserve respect. Do we have to call everyone brother and sister to let them know are intentions are good as well as let ourselves know? Thats pretty sad.

Fateh.

intersting point... and i basically do da same ting u do... buh i guess we've been brought up wit da notion of 'see all women as mothers/sisters/daughters' kinda ting..

Guest Narinder Singh
the person i'ma marry, i wud stop lookin at her as a 'sister' when i get engaged to her... (considerin i knew her before i got engaged)...

i talkin bout once ur married... would u still see ur wife as ur sister?

So its ok to marry our sisters and then say "she was my sister now shes my wife"?

Fateh.

interesting... so... i dunno singh, wha do you see it as? how are we supposed to see it?

sum1 once said to me... 'i can't look at all bibian as my sisters... because what if i marry one of them? i'd feel nasty'... haha.. i guess that applies here? so what are we supposed to think?

oh.. n u din answer my question... when ur married, would you see ur wife as a sister? (i'm guessin from ur lass post the answer is no?)

There are more ways to show respect or be polite to someone than calling them your brother or sister.

As for your question, i dont look at every woman as my sister, i look at them as human beings who deserve respect. Do we have to call everyone brother and sister to let them know are intentions are good as well as let ourselves know? Thats pretty sad.

Fateh.

intersting point... and i basically do da same ting u do... buh i guess we've been brought up wit da notion of 'see all women as mothers/sisters/daughters' kinda ting..

That is true.

Fateh.

Guest Guest

Okay i started this topic. People have given a million different meanings of Kaam whilst there is only one meaning which is straight Kaam. It is a vice. People have now even extended this out to chickens and horses.

Love should be unconditional with all of Gods creation but Kaam is deadly. Thats why Guru Jee has given it a boundary, that is marriage.

Guest Akirtghan

ONE SKENT

we are all talking about kaam, do we even know what kaam is???? someone tell us what guru sahib defines as kaam, not your personal definition. then we'll get somehwere.

Guest Akirtghan
i agree tht procreation and kaam are not the same

i disagree with the fact tht some people say we are only supposed to control the 5 chor and not destroy them

and tht if we did destroy them our body would be destroyed

one can have kids without having kaam, kaam is in the MIND, if in your mind, there is only naam, there is no space for the 5 chor.

kaam krodh ahunkaar nivaarae

Eradicating sexual desire, anger and egotism,

thusukur punch subadh sunghaarae

she destroys the five thieves through the Word of the Shabad.

oye who ju ? :wub: mera friend, tey menu pata vi ni kaun aa grin.gif

• 4 weeks later...
I think everyone's missing the other side of this, what about love?

If someone does something out of love for their spouse which may or may not involve sex, it could be holding hands, a kiss, whatever, how is that desire?

Sex is a way to show affection and love, this is why its so sacred, if one doesnt have that true love and affection in his/her heart for their spouse when making love then they're not different than animals. You guys are making it out to sound like a husband and wife see each other as nothing but a piece of meat that they're going to get pleasure from when needed.

Fateh.

soooooooooooooooo true I think thats the answer...Some people say to kiss your partner is rong but what if its through love? I mean if you dont love your partner how you gonna "do it" i mean like narinder singh youd be veiwing them as a peice of meat and you no better then a animal...That wud be gross n akward...."Oh hello were gonna do it now" Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????? You need to have such a relationship with your wife or husband that you both no its just a feeling...But then again im a <banned word filter activated> so Sorry if i offended anyone

ALL Gurus were married and so were their sikhs. Were they all kami??

Kam is not related to sex only....it has a very deep meaning.

Bhagati means "you want to give everything to your beloved and do not expect anything back"...thats what bhagats do.

Love means" give and take....u give love and you expect love in return"

Kaam means "You only want to get something for YOUR pleasure but do not care about other being".

A lot of nonsense is coming from the so called kathawachaks...they can can make you blind. Stick to your guru. FULL STOP.