Would everybody just Kaam down LOL.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would everybody just Kaam down LOL.gif

loll

Guest Guest

Baba Nand Singh Ji Nanaksar Wale who wasn't Gristhi (family man) used to say if a Sadhu who isn't married does Bhagti for 12 years. And a married man for 1 year and a married woman for 1 month.

They all get the same reward.

Guest Akirtghan
my understanding is that kaam is sexual desire/lust for some1 other than your wife.
so then sexual desire for your own wife is ok? if you have sexual desire for your wife, you will have it for another's wife

You need to balance it out. When I read Bachitar Natak Guru Ji refers to krodh quite a few times, in a way indicating it was normal for warriors in battle. When I reckon krodh becomes bad is when say, it is manifested when for example your wife cooks something crap and you beat her up for it. So it is about controlling the 5 chors not eliminating them. It is natural and normal to have kaam feelings for your wife, I don't know where it says this is wrong. It is a healthy, natural and normal part of a relationship and neccessary for procreation. How is having sex with your wife wrong??

Guest Akirtghan
How is having sex with your wife wrong??
the more i grow i'm beginning to realize, that sex for a sikh should be for procreation. if its just for pleasure then the chor's are taking over.

same with other chor's. krodh only in battle, in the form of bir rass. lobh only enuf to feed your family. moh only enough to live a gristi life. hankaar only enuf to have self respect.

How is having sex with your wife wrong??
the more i grow i'm beginning to realize, that sex for a sikh should be for procreation. if its just for pleasure then the chor's are taking over.

same with other chor's. krodh only in battle, in the form of bir rass. lobh only enuf to feed your family. moh only enough to live a gristi life. hankaar only enuf to have self respect.

:TH: I always knew u were a good student :wub:

my understanding is that kaam is sexual desire/lust for some1 other than your wife.
so then sexual desire for your own wife is ok? if you have sexual desire for your wife, you will have it for another's wife

yes, i think that sexual desire for your own wife is ok. We are supposed to live a family life. Sex outside of marriage is kurehit. There is no harm with having a physical relationship with your wife in sikhi. It is not a sin which requires forgiveness from panj pyare. If there was no sexual desire between man and woman, then how would human life continue? If sexual desire for your wife is wrong, then why not just avoid marriage all together?

what is your explanation for why we get married? what is the reason why a man and woman want to marry someone?