Kaam And Marriage

Guest Guest

The act and art should be sacred and spiritual understand this, move away from that then there is a developing problem.

Which book did you get that from? according to Gurbani Kaam is one of the 5 vices. Yes get married have kids but still we have to overcome Kaam, either way. Why do marriages break? because the couple don't understand the Lavan being read. We should look at every female as our mother or sister or daughter.

does that include ur wife? i wud'n see my wife as my 'sister', tha's kinda disgusting...

from my understandin i's see all women as mothers/sisters/daughters until ur married... once ur married u see every OTHER woman (wit the exception of ur wife) as mother/sister/daughter..

Im blind I dont see anything lol.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Narinder Singh
The act and art should be sacred and spiritual understand this, move away from that then there is a developing problem.

Which book did you get that from? according to Gurbani Kaam is one of the 5 vices. Yes get married have kids but still we have to overcome Kaam, either way. Why do marriages break? because the couple don't understand the Lavan being read. We should look at every female as our mother or sister or daughter.

does that include ur wife? i wud'n see my wife as my 'sister', tha's kinda disgusting...

from my understandin i's see all women as mothers/sisters/daughters until ur married... once ur married u see every OTHER woman (wit the exception of ur wife) as mother/sister/daughter..

If you recognize every single woman as your sister before you get married, then wouldnt that include the person you're getting married to?

Fateh.

Guest Dancing Warrior

I didn’t actually get it from any book, scripture, sage or yogi sometimes plain commonsense is all that’s required and not the misinterpretation of Bani to suit your own personal ideology. Narinder Singhs post encapsulates the topic nicely, if you can’t get your head around it now you never will.

If you recognize every single woman as your sister before you get married, then wouldnt that include the person you're getting married to?

Fateh.

the person i'ma marry, i wud stop lookin at her as a 'sister' when i get engaged to her... (considerin i knew her before i got engaged)...

i talkin bout once ur married... would u still see ur wife as ur sister?

Guest Narinder Singh
the person i'ma marry, i wud stop lookin at her as a 'sister' when i get engaged to her... (considerin i knew her before i got engaged)...

So its ok to marry our sisters and then say "she was my sister now shes my wife"?

Fateh.

So its ok to marry our sisters and then say "she was my sister now shes my wife"?

Fateh.

interesting... so... i dunno singh, wha do you see it as? how are we supposed to see it?

sum1 once said to me... 'i can't look at all bibian as my sisters... because what if i marry one of them? i'd feel nasty'... haha.. i guess that applies here? so what are we supposed to think?

oh.. n u din answer my question... when ur married, would you see ur wife as a sister? (i'm guessin from ur lass post the answer is no?)

The word lust means sexual desire (this meaning is sometimes metaphorically extended to other forms of desire, e.g. lust for power). It is considered a vice by many religions.

Now within a marriage would it be love or lust? Use your common sense and do what u feel is right and what is wrong.

To quote Akirtghan/B4ND4, the whole concept of the brother/sisterness arise due to the respect we give them. We respect every other person of the opposite gender just as we would respect our brothers/sisters/mothers/fathers. We're not marrying our sisters/brothers.

However I am not married, therefore most of what I say in this topic could be negligible.

Guest Narinder Singh

Fateh.

interesting... so... i dunno singh, wha do you see it as? how are we supposed to see it?

sum1 once said to me... 'i can't look at all bibian as my sisters... because what if i marry one of them? i'd feel nasty'... haha.. i guess that applies here? so what are we supposed to think?

oh.. n u din answer my question... when ur married, would you see ur wife as a sister? (i'm guessin from ur lass post the answer is no?)

There are more ways to show respect or be polite to someone than calling them your brother or sister.

As for your question, i dont look at every woman as my sister, i look at them as human beings who deserve respect. Do we have to call everyone brother and sister to let them know are intentions are good as well as let ourselves know? Thats pretty sad.

Fateh.