1699 WITNESS

Akaali

Fateh Ji,

World famous historian of Medieveal India Prof Irfan Habib at Aligarh Muslim University has spent his life time researching historical documents related to Mughal and earlier periords. As a tribute to the Sikhs he jointly with Prof J S Grewal collected all the available Persian documents that had even slightest mention of Guruji or sikhs and at the time of tercentenary of Khalsa, translated these into English and published as a book entitled "Sikh History from Persian Sources, Tulika, Indian History Congress 2001,2001".

It is amazing to read from some mysterious person who appears to be more knowledgable about archives at Aligarh University that Irfan Habib or for that matter any other Sikh or non-sikk historian. We do not find any mention of such a document by Irfan Habib or Prof J S Grewal in their above mentioned publication that may be lying hidden at Aligarh to which only this mysterious person had access. Why doesn't this so resourceful person reveal him/herself with the story of his discovery?

I feel there should be an effort to trace this document. And I'd request all to write to SGPC to take this up. They say that the book in which this document is to be found is in Aligarh University.

All I can say its not so simple in India. Otherwise you tell me why is the Army not releasing the Pothis and Books it has in its custody? Yes some feel that acceptance of the existence of these Pothis and Books would mean an acceptance by the Army of burning the library. But, in my opinion returning the Pothis and books would reduce the heartburn of the Sikhs against the Army for Operation Blue Star.

Yes it could be the work of a overzealous Sikh. Why not investigate and rule it out?

Guru Rakha

The account is pure fabrication. Long story short I checked in to this years ago…. The Khalsa and Sikhi doesn't need fairy tales for bravado or to prove any shakti aspect of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

Get a grip ppl

:lol:

Fateh Ji,

Please could you elaborate on your research based on which you have passed your judgment.

Guru Rakha

The account is pure fabrication. Long story short I checked in to this years ago…. The Khalsa and Sikhi doesn't need fairy tales for bravado or to prove any shakti aspect of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

Get a grip ppl

:lol:

Fateh Ji,

Please could you elaborate on your research based on which you have passed your judgment.

Guru Rakha

The easiest way for you to do it is to contact the university yourself, phone or email or in person as I did the article is not in any archive and there has never been any record of it, it’s pure fabrication.

This account is real and matches what was recorded in Sri Gur Katha. Every Mahapursh also agrees with this except Baba Santa Singh.

Warrior: did you really contact the university? My research indicates that this book is kept there and I hope to go there during my next visit to India. One problem is that they don't keep their records up to date and don't have a digital catalogue, but there are people who say they have read it there.

Fateh Ji,

The easiest way for you to do it is to contact the university yourself, phone or email or in person as I did the article is not in any archive and there has never been any record of it, it’s pure fabrication.

1/ But you have not elaborated on your findings on which you have based your judgment

2/ I have already mentioned in a previous post about the missing pothis and books from Darbaar Sahib. It is rumored that the Army took these during Blue Star. If I give the Indian Army a call will they agree that the books are with them? Aligarh University is a Muslim University and please do realize where Aurangzeb is a tyrant for us he is a devout Muslim for Muslims.

3/ NCERT books that have been prescribed for schools in India have a stamp of Indian Communists. There were lot of distortions about Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Ji and during NDA's stint these distortions were removed. It is possible that Commies in the garb of research for NCERT books were able to get their hands on this book and not 'its history'.

All that I am saying is that there should be a thorough investigation.

Guru Rakha