1699 WITNESS

Akaali

Maybe I wasn’t clear, from what I understand the original text was in Panjabi or Urdu that’s what I have been told by some “highly acclaimed personalities” (me being polite and non-offensive) who claim to have in-depth knowledge about the account. I too agree the most likely language it would have been written in is Persian.

I love the way people make really hardcore opinions based on unverified documents.

You would have thought some scholar would have produced the document by now. It is not like the Aligarh University has been skimping on translating and publishing their other Persian sources.

Miracle seekers will forever look for supernatural explanations for things because it appeals to their preconceived notions.

But build a tower on something false and watch it come tumbling down sooner and later.

If we had an original amnuscript we couldeasily and very quickly verify its authenticity by analysing the contents (i.e. use of language, style of writing, cross referencing etc.)

I love the way people make really hardcore opinions based on unverified documents.

You would have thought some scholar would have produced the document by now. It is not like the Aligarh University has been skimping on translating and publishing their other Persian sources.

Miracle seekers will forever look for supernatural explanations for things because it appeals to their preconceived notions.

But build a tower on something false and watch it come tumbling down sooner and later.

If we had an original amnuscript we couldeasily and very quickly verify its authenticity by analysing the contents (i.e. use of language, style of writing, cross referencing etc.)

Fateh Ji,

This shows that you know nothing of what happens in India. You also underrate the Islam factor.

I think someone has already used the RTI route and I think there should be some clarity very soon.

It's indeed sad that people jump to conclusions... why not wait and see what AMU has to say!

Please keep the powder dry for some more time. Either you will get a chance to use it or the findings will self-pour water over the powder!

Guru Rakha

Fateh Ji,

This shows that you know nothing of what happens in India. You also underrate the Islam factor.

I think someone has already used the RTI route and I think there should be some clarity very soon.

It's indeed sad that people jump to conclusions... why not wait and see what AMU has to say!

Please keep the powder dry for some more time. Either you will get a chance to use it or the findings will self-pour water over the powder!

Guru Rakha

LoL!! Wha? :6

OK, I'm keeping an open mind but that goes both ways. People who are utterly convinced also need to check themselves and realise it just might not be true.

But this doesn't take us away from the issue of certain Sikhs totally ejecting their critical faculties when it comes down to stuff like this.

Rabh Rakha

PS - What do you mean the RTI route?

Roti Tandoori Init

Oh! It all makes sense now......

Fateh Ji,

It is Right to Information and this right is available in all Democracies. It gives you the right to get answers form the Government and it is mandatory for the Government to disclose the information asked for. However certain matters of National importance are kept out of the purview or RTI.

However when one is very hungry one could decipher RTI as Roti Tandoori Init?

Guur Rakha