Has Anyone Ever Been To A Christian Wedding?

I have. My brother's friend from High School got married a week ago and we went. Hes a south Indian christian.

I felt so out of place. The girl that the guy was marrying use to go on missions to punjab. Some white precher was talking about his missions to punjab.

The whole thing is like made to make non-christians feel weird as hell. And the 3 best men were punjabi sikhs. one sardar.

So if you have a choice to go to one or not...don't

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh,

Excuse me before I start. My family is catholic/christian. (I'm sikh). It happens that sometimes I have to go to church for some service relating to family... ie: funerals, marriages, baptisms, whatever... And... sure it's not a sikh place, but its not the "church" that puts ppl out of place... its the people, and not all people are like that.

Sure you had a bad experience, we all do... but it doesn't mean to generalize and say all marriages or whatever in churches should not be attended. It all depends on the "who" and what perspective we have going there.

Bhul Chuk Maf!

I agree with phenji above.. please dont generalize..

I have been to the church few times too as all my best friends are christians.. and i went for some service relating to .... funeral/wedding.. and I for once have never felt out of place.. a church is not a "sikh" place I agree but please do not generalize ..

I have been to a Church before, felt strange but rewarding. I enjoyed the experience, felt uncomfortable to begin maybe because i am not use to the surroundings but that is expected. Church, Mosque, Gudwara and Temples are all houses of god. Please don’t confuse people with you experience/view.

A non Sikh going to a Gudwara must feel the same, least you understood what was being said and had some understanding what to expect.

ive been to a cathedral before and churches, they;v never made me feel uncomfortable.

yeah same here i went to my wud-be-step-sisters wedding that was in a church and i found that most of the people there were in "chardi kalah" in the sense that they had alot of pyaar for God so i found it quite nice.....

Sure their beliefs may be different but at the end of the day we all worship the Same God

Moving slightly away from the topic at hand, I do apologise.

There should be a sort of "sangat relations officer" in all Gurdwaras.

When you go to an Anand Karaj or even a normal diwan and sometimes you see some Goray come in, there should be someone there to greet them and welcome them and maybe show them around if they are curious and explain what is going on. There should be nice booklets that they can be given that gives an over view of Sikhism and the ceremonies and marhadha of the Gurdwara - so many cannot sit cross legged and end up with their legs straight and feet towards Guru Ji, this is not their fault, it is ours we should forsee these things and explain in advance.

At Anand Karaj ceremonies, they should get explained what is happening. We know what happens - which is, a rasam/ceremony followed by ages and ages of nothing happeneing or the Kirtanis performing the shabads for the rasam. Then nothing happens for ages until the next bit happens, unfortunately they do not know this and they must feel so bored.

When the secretary sometimes (not always) decides to do the "Welcome our English friends" speech this really perks them up and they appreciate that they have been welcomed into the Gurdwara.

Ek Onkar Satnam

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

My wife is a teacher in a catholic school and whenever i go to the school i feel a nice presence probably as there are loads of little children smiling and say hi to me. The people who run the school and the resident priest are very nice, and it is refreshing to actually meet other religious people of God who actually live honest lives.

Gurfateh Ji

"I have no name"