Why marriage?

Deep Singh

so does no bhangra mean no reception or party?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Nope. No bhangra, reception, etc means that for the actual marriage itself, the only thing that is required is Guru's blessing through Anand Karaj. However, once the marrage is complete, I see no harm in celebrating, but remember anything extra is totally optional.

What really irks me is the throwing of money at the bride-groom. I mean, that happens usually INSIDE GURDWARA right infront of Guru sahib!!! Its so stupid that people allow that, because any money being given inside of a gurdwara hall should be straight to the guru.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From thl ink Dep Singh ji gave:

From a temporal and spiritual point of view, women is half man's body and assists to the door of deliverance.

From BHai GUrdas JI diya Vaara..

i'm like -> WHAT ohmy.gif

can someone PLEASE..PLEASE..PLEASE explain tha for me :):@blush.gif

I do not udnerstand

PLEASE :D blush.gif

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Singh veerji,

i think Bhai Gurdas ji says that women is half part of man (so man is half women)...

from spiritual point of view...it means i believe that after a marriage a man and a women are like one person in two bodies...and they help each other to be one with Waheguru.

since in these shabads Bhai Sahib ji are talking about the character of good women vs bad women, only the womens role is described...how ever since Gurmat says man and woman equall then it may mean that man and women are 'one person with two bodies' who together help each other on their way to God. as bhai sahib who answared my question that marriage is like giving one-another the sangat. so i think Bhai Gurdas ji are saying this...

forgive me if i say something wrong, plz correct me if i am wrong.

Manjot Singh ji, ^_^

Gurmukh drunk on Naam!

Singh veerji,

i think Bhai Gurdas ji says that women is half part of man (so man is half women)...

from spiritual point of view...it means i believe that after a marriage a man and a women are like one person in two bodies...and they help each other to be one with Waheguru.

since in these shabads Bhai Sahib ji are talking about the character of good women vs bad women, only the womens role is described...how ever since Gurmat says man and woman equall then it may mean that man and women are 'one person with two bodies' who together help each other on their way to God. as bhai sahib who answared my question that marriage is like giving one-another the sangat. so i think Bhai Gurdas ji are saying this...

forgive me if i say something wrong, plz correct me if i am wrong.

Manjot Singh ji, ^_^

Gurmukh drunk on Naam!

Thank you very much Deep Singh ji ^_^

Now My moorakh Mind gets it :@^_^

Bhull chukk maaf :)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Pyare jio, just to add.

There are 4 essential events in a Spiritual life. These are Birth, Amrit, Anand karaj, and death.

Like doors each has to opened and entered. Without doing this the Atma will always be lacking and yearning.

Anand karaj is essential for procreation of life, spiritual companionship, and balance in thoughts and actions. Althougth many may quote Gursikhs who never got married, Anand karaj is an essential part of Gursikhi.

I have always believed the best way to do the Anand karaj is at a rainsbhai. It gets all the sadh sangat together in many hours of blissful bhagti, and then the sangat witnesses your Anand karaj, and then the whole sangat does Ardas for the couple. Finally Guru Jis blesses you with a hukamnama.

These Anand karajs are beautiful scenes, and precious are the souls who are blessed with union in this manner.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!