• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest balwinderkaur
MAN JEETAI.. JAG JEET

Win ure mind and u can win ure world.

There you go.. Perfect quote for this thread

I think winning ur mind is the most difficult task.. It's like dealing with wild lion..

true....its more like taming a wild INJURED lion tongue.gif

Sat Sri Akal:

Mr. Singh Sahib Ji!!! It is Kalyug mai KIRTAN pardhana!!!

Seems like you were engaged in battle when you wrote this eh?

;)

that was NOT inteended :(

I dont know where the P came from

it was T intended :wub: blush.gif

BHULL CHUKK MAAF ;) :'(

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

another metaphor that veerjee SurreySingh (Bhupinder Singh) told me at the gurdwara. I cannot remember it very well - Veerjee could you please share it on this post?

thanks,

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Two of Guru Nanak Dev Ji's Sikhs had the same problem, and asked Guru Nanak Dev Ji about what they should do.

The Sikhs said, "Guru Ji, you tell us to Naam Jup, but when we do it, our mind just runs around and we can't focus on Naam. We keep thinking of other things, and sometimes the sins we have done in the past pop into our heads and we think sinful thoughts"

Guru Ji said, "Then what do you do?"

The Sikhs answered, "We think that there's really no point in sitting there if our mind just runs and thinks bad thoughts, so we get up and start doing our work, duties etc."

Guru Ji said, "Well then you have not accomplished anything. Let me

ask you a question: What kind of work do you do?"

The Sikhs said "We own land and we work on this land (farming)"

Guru Ji then asked "Do you have horses?'......and they replied "Yes"

Guru Ji's next question was, "What do you

do when a horse gets sick?"

The Sikhs said "We give it some Masala" (they still give masala to sick animals even to this day in India)

Guru Ji asked - "So you just put the masala infront of the horse and he eats it?"

The Sikhs said "Now way!- the horse will never eat it that easily! What we do is put the Masala in our hand, make a fist, and put the fist inside the horse's mouth"

Guru Ji asked , "Does the horse then eat it right away?", and the Sikhs replied, "Never!...the horse struggles, not wanting to eat the masala, and it keeps struggling with us"

Guru Ji asked "What do you do then?"...and they replied, "We keep our fist inside the horse's mouth, and don't take it out. Eventually the horse gets tired of struggling and just eats the masala"

Guru Ji asked "So, who's the one who got tired and gave up, you or the horse?", and they replied."The horse" (because the Gursikh did not give up by taking his hand out of the horse's mouth)

Guru Ji said......"This mind is sick, just like the horse. When we try to give it the medicine of Naam, it struggles and runs around. But what you have to do is keep reciting Naam, no matter where the mind runs, just don't give up. One day, just like the horse eventually gets tired of struggling and gives in to the medicine, your mind will also get tired of running around and take the medicine of Naam inside.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From my point of view, the moral of the story is: "The mind is sick, it doesn't know that Naam is actually going to cure it, so it struggles and avoids taking it in. But never give up, and keep reciting Naam, and one day, just like the horse finally gave up, your mind will get tired of running and also give up, allowing the Naam to reside and cure the mind.