Wat Does This Part Of Dasam Bani Mean?

Guest trying to understand

kali.JPG

That verse does not mention a disgusting looking woman called KAALEE. It says beautiful. Why are you so quick to jump to Hindu Mat conclusions. If you read all of Sri Dasam Granth you will see the true meaning.

Perhaps you need to read again what the words are saying. Nor is that woman Disgusting, Nor am i jumping to conclusions. Please show me another reference which speaks of "The rosary of heads glorified his neck, seeing which the god Shiva feels abashed." and is not speaking of the Great Kali Mata. I personally have no idea what soever in regards to what exactly is the Shabad trying to say, but i can say with more than enough certainty that the Shabad is speak in reference to Kali Mata.

Ma Kali wears a garland made of 52 skulls and a skirt made of dismembered arms because the ego comes out of identification with the body. In fact, we are beings of spirit and not flesh. So liberation can only prevail when our attachment to the body comes to an end. Therefore, the skirt and garland are trophies worn by Her to represent the liberation of Her children from attachment to the finite body. In two of Her hands, She holds a sword and a freshly severed head that is dripping blood. This represents a great battle in which she defeated the demon Raktabija. Her black (or sometimes dark blue) skin represents the womb of the unmanifest from which all of creation is born and into which all of creation will eventually return. Goddess Kali Ma is depicted as standing on a white skinned Shiva who is lying beneath Her. His white skin is in contrast to Her black or sometimes dark blue skin. He is showing a blissful detached look on His face. Shiva is pure formless awareness sat-chit-ananda (being-consciousness-bliss) while She represents "form" eternally sustained by the underpinning of pure awareness.

Through ignorance of the story behind Goddess Kali Ma it is easy to misinterpret Her symbolism. In the same way one could say that Christianity is a religion of destruction, death, and cannibalism in which the followers drink the eat the flesh of Jesus and drink his blood. Of course, we know this is not the correct way to understand the communion sacrament.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 00Gurpreet Singh00

I agree that it is symbolism, but Guru Sahib leaves no doubt that they are praising akaal purkh and not kalee mata by saying:

ਸਿਰੰ ਮਾਲ ਰਾਜੰ ॥ ਲਖੇ ਰੁਦ੍ਰ ਲਾਜੰ ॥

The rosary of heads glorified his neck, seeing which the god Shiva feels abashed.

There is nothing as kali mata,

The debate on dasam Granth is banned by Akal takht as it is not yet proved to be bani of Guru Gobind singh.

So every sikh should abide by takht, unless you defy it.

So please dont debate on it, i never except kali as there is no place of imaginary Hindu gods in sikhi.

If you want to debate then you will know that it will not be possible to explene TriyaChariter here.

Even a blind person can see difference of Bani in shree Guru Granth sahib and Dasam Granth.

Every bani of Gurus end with Nanak but not of bani in dasam Granth.

Who says Guru can write all such as triyachariter are Blind and are worst people who have no brain or lost there conscious.

From my understanding the chhand is describing Mahakaal, the destroyer of Kaal (Shiva).

People may praise the sargun saroop of Kaal, and forget about the Nirgun Kaal and Mahakaal, the shabad reinforces that although people accept Shiva as the destroyer, he himself is also bound by the noose of death, whoever comes into this world is bound to die, so even the destroyer has to be destroyed by the ultimate.

So do you want to say there is no hukamnaama from akal takht that we should not debate about dasam granth?

Just tell me this you except kali, shiva , ram , then must respect ramayan mahabharat,vedas etc. then tell me why are sikhs not hindus if we also follow kali. then if we worship kali then we are only armed wing of Hindu as we are followers of Hindu Gods.As my friend Gurbar Akal what does your avataar shows is hanuman your idol. It only shows you are Hindu, a vanar of raja rams Army, you will be glad to hear that as it is greatest gift to hindu.

Please give true viakhya of lust stories of Triyachariter the viakhya i have read is highly objectionable, if you can give true meaning then it would be great help.

But if everything is right then why Akal Takht has doubt about its authenticity by stoping any debate on Granth till issue is resolved?

In sikhi you have to do vichaar on bani, if you cannot discuss bani what is use of it?

it is from sikhsangat some debate

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showto...22376&st=48

mod has earlier written

Mod note: Sri Akal Takht and the five high priests have barred debate on the matter of Dasam Granth authenticity and content. Anyone who has proof otherwise and wishing to do so should take up the matter on a Panthic level with them instead. To encourage ekta, the Mods remain neutral towards all jathebandia. "The Khalsa Fauj" / "Budda Dal" multiple IDs are not allowed - please show restraint in future.

so you should not advocate it, got it.

I just want to say let there be full discussion and not delete that thread. what is use of allowing people to advocate dasam Granth but not allowing to discuss it (Dasam Granth)

ocelot, as it`s been said, you`re the only one doing any debating here.

the rest of the sangat was just trying to interpret a line... you're the only one going on a tangent and ruining the flow of this thread.... I personally think you should stop debating the authenticity of Dasam Granth... I'm pretty sure Akal Takht says there shouldn't be a debate on it!

P.S, you can't go off and say "it's all trash it's all fake, people who read it are low and horrible:, and then say "but, we shouldn't debate it"... thats hypocritical..throwing in your own debate-opinion, and telling others they have to live with it and can't debate it back.

This is not a basis of debate of authenticity. Benti to sangat to stay on topic.

Ocelot - if you once again post off topic in regards to Dasam Granth, you will be put under moderation, no questions asked. You seem to be the only one initiating a debate, giving your own opinions, but then hypocritically saying we shouldn't debate. Focus on the shabad that was provided by the original poster. If you have nothing to say in regards to that, then do not reply in this thread.

And that goes for everybody else.