Sikh Guy & Hindu Girl Get Married At The Gurdwara

Into the Light

I totally disagree.

If Sikhs cannot get the basics right, i.e. respect for people of different religions, caste, race, creed, colour, sex etc right how can they even hope to help people?

karam................between the indivual and waheguru.............how by urself fueling a debate on someones wedding is tackling the issues..........where have u put forward ideas and suggestions to help encourage others to come out of this mindset u keep referring to..............?

You have posted on a thread about a child that needs money for help, and I will bet my bottom dollar most of the people who have expressed prejudice towards those of a different religion would gladly donate……so what does that say for the state of mind of that person.

who are wer to judge/condon/agree with ANOTHER state of mind........again between the person and waheguru

In my eyes, if a person does choose to marry a different race, colour, religion YET stands up in front of Guruji and Sangat and declares vows of marriage, that person should be commended and not vilified.

AND this is UR version of what our Gurus would have wanted the "shaming of people" at the expense of faith? ..........interesting..............

How many times do you hear about Sikh girls and boys running off with people……? I have no respect for cowards who run away. I think such people SHOULD be vilified, and those who choose to stand up and do the right thing in front of Sangat be commended.

The world will continue to do these things and in the grands scheme of things UR respects counts for nothing................that is between the individual and whaeguru......................

sed it before and will say it again ENUFF WITH THE NINDIA...............ive stated a thread and things that inspire us veer G.................hows about looking at the postivies in life and shareing that with the sangat instead of only showing ur existance on this forum to fuel arguments and debate..........

Bhul chuck maafi and keep in chardi kalah Veer G :lol:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this thing still going on............arguing isnt going to magically reverse time and unmarry the couple :lol: forget about the sikh guy and hindu girl concentrate on your own life........dont stress over things which arent in your control leave it all upto Vaheguru

...............a wise panji taught me that she knows who she is :nihungsmile:

karam................between the indivual and waheguru.............how by urself fueling a debate on someones wedding is tackling the issues..........where have u put forward ideas and suggestions to help encourage others to come out of this mindset u keep referring to..............?

You are missing the entire point.

This topic has raised a far wider issue, and it is about the negative mindset of Sikh towards people of other caste, religion and race….and within this marriage becomes an emotive issue.

It is not my place to encourage anyone do to anything….all I can do is relate my experience on this issue…….as someone who got married out of "caste" and broke one of the major Punjabi taboo's I feel I have some experience in this issue. All I can do is hope by people reading my experience that they will start to think about it.

To think I can change people's mindsets would be pure egotism on my part….it is up to individuals to change their own mindsets.

who are wer to judge/condon/agree with ANOTHER state of mind........again between the person and waheguru

I am entitled to my own opinion as you are to your's.

My view is that the same negativity portrayed by some on this forum is somehow condoned by so called other "pious" acts. Hypocrisy at it's best.

Again I am in no position to change anyone's state of mind, but just state my own opinion.

AND this is UR version of what our Gurus would have wanted the "shaming of people" at the expense of faith? ..........interesting..............

You are drawing your own conclusion from what I have stated.

Sikhism is about being visible and not running away from one's duty. One of those duties is to openly declare to the entire community through the Anand Karaj that this is my Soul Mate.

If the children have consented to marriage. The families have consented, then who is anyone else to judge them?

In this case the person is of another faith who seems to have shown respect to Guruji. Anyone who shows respect to Guruji is Ok in my eyes.

What "shamming" are you talking about? Please elaborate?

The world will continue to do these things and in the grands scheme of things UR respects counts for nothing................that is between the individual and whaeguru......................

My respects may count for nothing but to dismiss the world we are living in is the path of an Udasi.

The spiritual and the temporal go hand in hand. This is known as Miri-Piri…..re-emphasise d by the Tenth Master through the doctrine of Shakti and Bhakti.

In other words, what happens here will have a direct consequence to your spirituality. If you are brave and stand up and be counted your spirituality increase…..if you are a coward and run away your spirituality diminishes.

sed it before and will say it again ENUFF WITH THE NINDIA...............ive stated a thread and things that inspire us veer G.................hows about looking at the postivies in life and shareing that with the sangat instead of only showing ur existance on this forum to fuel arguments and debate..........

Bhul chuck maafi and keep in chardi kalah Veer G :lol:

You are missing the positives.

From the start I have stated :

Lets look at this way.....this Gujerati girl, despite her Hindu upbringing (Gjerati's tend to be strict Hindu's), their strong pro-caste views, strong belief in more than one God had enough respect for the Sikh guy she wanted to marry and for our Guru that she took Lava at the Gurudwara.

I would say that was good news for Sikhs and Sikhism.......and kudo's to the young lady for showing respect for our Guru despite her belief's that contradict Sikhi!

I would say that was positive? Would you not think that?