Maharaja Ranjit Singh And Khalsa Raj

Bijla Singh

post-1107-1188867228.jpg

Many times I have heard and read many Sikhs insult Maharaja Ranjit Singh. I am posting the following information for everyone to read and realize that he was a good person with a sense of morality and provided better leadership than today's governments. We should never forget what he accomplished and how he protected Punjab and India. Please keep the negativity out of this topic. Purpose of this topic is to show his another side which many times is ignored by today's 'critics'. The information is taken from Bahumullay Itihaasak Lekh.

post-1107-1188867341.jpg

post-1107-1188867350.jpg

post-1107-1188867368.jpg

post-1107-1188867374.jpg

post-1107-1188867380.jpg

Every person has some good and bad in them. Don't blame him for everything. My point is to highlight what he accomplished. He was the one to unite Sikh misls and stop foreign attacks of 800 years. He took back Punjab from Afghanistan and reduced pathan rule by half its size. maybe not as a Sikh but as a Punjabi I am proud of him. Every Indian should also be proud of him since he protected India and stopped foreign invaders once and for all. He used to go out at night in disguise to ensure that his people were not suffering and took strict measures to stop bribery and corruption. How many leaders do that today? He has done a lot but we never appreciated him. Thanks for editing your post, ocelot. I request others not to turn this topic into a personal fight. I will be posting more info on him soon so that we learn good side of him and learn from his mistakes so that in future when we have our own country we won't repeat them.

I am currently reading a book "Man who would be King, First American in Afghanistan".. Josiah Harlan from PA, US was Mahraja Ranjit Singh's personal Physician for limited time and he did mentioned lots of stuff about Mahraja Ranjit Singh's raj.. I just started reading this book so will post stuff later on.. He wrote his memoirs throughout his travel from US to calcutta to punjab to Afghanistan where he tried to established his own raj but was ousted by British later on..

I will read bijla singh's clipping to learn more about him...

I agree, too many people are quick to critisize M.Ranjit Singh. He was a great leader and did much for the sikhs.

No one is perfect but I have also seen posts that totally decimate his character. Sikh leaders are few and far between we should hold on to them and promote them.