Kerry Comments on sikhs

Guest SikhForLife

Guest SikhForLife

most countries have faced terrorism at home through their history's i mean ..look at ireland IRA.. look at England IRA

Basques in Spain.. u can look at the sikhs in india

u can run around the world and see people have lived with terrorism for a long time

WATCH

rtsp://video.c-span.org/project/c04/c04020104_kerry.rm

forward to 31:30 mins.

listen intently for 2 mins.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope he meant to say that Sikhs have suffered terrorism at the hands of the government in India :@ rather than the plain meaning of his sentence that equates Sikhs to terrorists :D

i read on Sikhnet that he was one of the leaders who spoke out against hate crimes targetting Sikhs after 9/11 :)

i just emailed 'meetup@johnkerry.com', and 'info@johnkerry.com' with the following email:

I was very disappointed in hearing John Kerry talk about terrorists and mention the Sikhs in India. Does anybody really teach these candidates anything about world affairs? Over 200,000 Sikhs have been murdered by the Indian government and over 10,000 were killed in fake police encounters from 1980 to 1995. I strongly suggest John Kerry apologize for his remarks because it is really sad that after he collected donations from Sikhs in California he turned around and called Sikhs in India terrorists. After September 11th the majority of the backlash has not been against Muslims, but rather against Sikhs who are easily recognizable by their turbans and beards. The person who is reading this email probably doesn't even know who Sikhs are, but I am hoping someone makes an honest effort to clear up this matter. Over 60,000 Sikhs fought and died in the two world wars fighting alongside the allied forces. The Sikhs have always been strong supporters of democracy and values which are sacred to the United States of America. The Sikhs have suffered greatly in India and it is very sad that even America is giving them heartache. Does John Kerry know what happened in India that made Sikhs there pick up weapons. The holiest shrine of the Sikhs was blown to pieces and over 10,000 unarmed worshippers were murdered. Over 10,000 unarmed Sikhs were killed by Hindu mobs in Delhi in 1984. Human Rights organizations are not allowed to enter Punjab, the state in India where Sikhs live. I do not want to give you a history lesson, my point is that John Kerry was wrong about

calling Sikhs in India terrorists. The United States has brought down Saddam Hussein from power because he brutally murdered his own people. I respect this because America is always on the side of justice. India has killed over 200,000 Sikhs and now the Sikhs are the terrorists? I think John Kerry needs to pick up a history book or at least have the decency not to collect funds from Sikhs in America only to stab them in the back by calling them terrorists.

There are a lot of ignorant people out there, as witnessed from the incident in Arizona when a Sikh gas station clerk was shot after September 11th being mistaken for an Arab. I hope a person running for President of the greatest country in the world has a little more knowledge about world affairs before making such an appalling remark.

Regards,

(my name here)

VERY VERY nice mann Qaum li Qurban ^_^

heres the letter I sent to info blush.gif

Dearest Sir,

This letter is a reaction to the statement made whilst giving a speech in Oklaholma. It has been very upsetting to hear the comment, comparing Sikhs to the IRA, and Basque Separatists, whilst talking about terrorist.

It would appreciated to know, what Mr Kerry based his information on. One mans terrorist, is another's freedom fighter. IF the Sikhs are terrorists, then would George Washington not also be interpreted as one?

Looking forward to your reply

Sincerely

my name

anewmailimade@#