Feet To Sggsj

Guest _gupt_

I just wanted to know why we should not point our feet towards Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee?

There is a Sakhi of when Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee went to Mecca and he had his feet towards the Kabba and when the priest turned them around the Kabba moved with GUru Ji's feet, and GUru Nanak said that God is Everywhere so it does not matter where my feet are placed...

So I was just wondering why we shouldnt point our feet towards Guru Ji?

So when we're at the Gurdwara Sahib, why do we bother to face Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj? Might as well turn our backs towards our King.

It's respect, pure and simple. You (hopefully) wouldn't stick your feet in front of someone's face if they were talking to you.

now THAT would be funny..............but i agree with you.

vaheguroo....i think its a personal thing...like how much respect you have for the king of all kings...like some gurmukhs do parkarma of guroo sahib so many times over and over again out of pyaar...vaheguroo...like people do chaur sahib di sewa out of pyaar...sikhi is all about pyaar and daya....something that I think we as youth lack...we think our jeevans are so high but really, our jeevans and our nitnem don't even compare to puraatan singhs and singhniyas....vaheguroo...we are so arrogant and when one of us makes a mistake we all turn and point fingers like we ourselves are perfect...i know that isn't related to the topic at hand but its just something i've been feeling for a while...that we all judge each other...may Guroo Sahib do kirpa on us and bless us with pyaar and sharda...vaheguroo

vaheguroo...but getting back to the topic now lol i think that we should try our best to avoid pointing our feet at guroo sahib...vaheguroo

I just wanted to know why we should not point our feet towards Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee?

There is a Sakhi of when Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee went to Mecca and he had his feet towards the Kabba and when the priest turned them around the Kabba moved with GUru Ji's feet, and GUru Nanak said that God is Everywhere so it does not matter where my feet are placed...

just remember, we are not Guru Nanak Sahib Jee !!!

Guru sahib also wrote bani :lol: we certainly cannot do that.

Your arguement is flawed:

The priests said "Blasphemy! (Obviously a rip-off from the famous "THIS IS SPARTA!" scene of 300) How dare you face your feet to God's house!"

Guru Nanak Dev Ji smiled, "Ok then, pick up my feet and turn my feet to where God is not"

They picked up Guru Nanak Dev Ji's feet - thinking they're great heroes for doing such a chardi kala (well the islamic equivalent) job - and tried to move it aside.. But Kaaba kept moving with his feet .. and THIS taught the priests that indeed Akaal Purakh is all-prevading and that Kaaba wasn't God's home, coz God is a homie to All worlds.

That was his teaching.

ANALOGY: If I teach you punjabi by writing English letters etc.. why should you focus on the use of English (like saying.. "are u implying that punjabi comes from English???) rather than learning Punjabi itself?

Just like this, we are focusing on (in-gangsta-wanabe-voice) "o no guru ji put his foot onto kaaba therefore why shouldnt we do the same to SGGS" rather than focussing on the real message of "o yeh God is everywhere dude!"

vaheguroo....i think its a personal thing...like how much respect you have for the king of all kings...like some gurmukhs do parkarma of guroo sahib so many times over and over again out of pyaar...vaheguroo...like people do chaur sahib di sewa out of pyaar...sikhi is all about pyaar and daya....something that I think we as youth lack...we think our jeevans are so high but really, our jeevans and our nitnem don't even compare to puraatan singhs and singhniyas....vaheguroo...we are so arrogant and when one of us makes a mistake we all turn and point fingers like we ourselves are perfect...i know that isn't related to the topic at hand but its just something i've been feeling for a while...that we all judge each other...may Guroo Sahib do kirpa on us and bless us with pyaar and sharda...vaheguroo

vaheguroo...but getting back to the topic now lol i think that we should try our best to avoid pointing our feet at guroo sahib...vaheguroo

dhan vahegurooo

dhan vaheguroo

dhan vaheguroo

diffo agree with u penji!!

the youth think they no it all!! wen tis all unkaar!!

judgin difffffffo!! nd lissenng to gandh from other people!

fateh sahib jio