1. 1. What do you think of 'school'

• It Has a point
    • It is pointless

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ moody :) jokeeeee :lol:

ye i agree wiv Tarrandeep Bhenjeee - also stop complainin KP u goin 2 school n u gona come out wiv a PHD weva u lyk it or not :cry: (dnt get offended rolleyes.gif )

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

lol i told you i dont get offended you only think I do

you dont have to write that everytime you say something to me lol

and pleeaaaaaaaaassssssseeeee stop calling me kp becouse thats someone elses name lol

and it just gets confuseing

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Ah Khalsa Ji

Although all the stuff they teach you in school may not apply when you grow older (trust us), it has to be taught to give you and other students an option to progress in different ways. Guru has put you in a country that requires all children to go to school and learn…hukam!!! :nihungsmile:

If we did not have Sikhs going through school and higher education we would still be persecuted even in England! We have Sikhs in all walks of life and for this reason Sikhi has flourished in England and many other countries.

Take what you need for education and remember that the main item you need for life is NAAM!!!

Before you make any decision talk to Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj and ask Guru Ji!!

The beauty of Sikhi is that we are all learning, we are all learning and all work at own paces - we never stop learning. We have a 100 questions about Sikhi, so we research, read, ask questions, when we've answered those questions, our thought process change and and we find that we now have another 100 questions to ask, which is why we are always learning, always expanding our horizons.

But, if we cant be bothered to learn and expand our minds by going to school / college where we are essentialy spoon fed the information - how are we going to continue and learn about Sikhi?

Doing your GCSE's / A Levels is about more than just, getting a piece of paper with a grade on. It's about the experience, the opportunity to expend your mind and interact with others, it provides you with the skills to be able to debate with people and put your opinions across to others, to take as well as give criticism.

If your not interested in your course, why not do your A Levels in Religious studies / history / punjabi, then go onto do a degree which interest you.

Along with expanding your mind about Sikhi, you owe it to yourself and to every other Sikh that has ever inspired you to try and better yourself and inspire the next generation.

With an education you will and Vaheguru beside you, you will be able to choose an occupation where you can help others - you could be part of the MI5 and help with translations to prevent and terrorist activities (see there website), you could be a doctor, dentist, pharmacist then take your skills back to punjab and help people out there for free.

With an education you can help people who are less fortunate than you - wich is what we all want to be able to do.

Phul Chuk Maaf d_oh.gif

The beauty of Sikhi is that we are all learning, we are all learning and all work at own paces - we never stop learning. We have a 100 questions about Sikhi, so we research, read, ask questions, when we've answered those questions, our thought process change and and we find that we now have another 100 questions to ask, which is why we are always learning, always expanding our horizons.

But, if we cant be bothered to learn and expand our minds by going to school / college where we are essentialy spoon fed the information - how are we going to continue and learn about Sikhi?

Doing your GCSE's / A Levels is about more than just, getting a piece of paper with a grade on. It's about the experience, the opportunity to expend your mind and interact with others, it provides you with the skills to be able to debate with people and put your opinions across to others, to take as well as give criticism.

If your not interested in your course, why not do your A Levels in Religious studies / history / punjabi, then go onto do a degree which interest you.

Along with expanding your mind about Sikhi, you owe it to yourself and to every other Sikh that has ever inspired you to try and better yourself and inspire the next generation.

With an education you will and Vaheguru beside you, you will be able to choose an occupation where you can help others - you could be part of the MI5 and help with translations to prevent and terrorist activities (see there website), you could be a doctor, dentist, pharmacist then take your skills back to punjab and help people out there for free.

With an education you can help people who are less fortunate than you - wich is what we all want to be able to do.

Phul Chuk Maaf d_oh.gif

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter..

Absolutely agree with you penj. Statistics show that Sikhs are the most successfull of all races in this country. Sikhs occupy high ranking jobs. There are alot of Sikh doctors, lawyers, pharmacists etc. This is something to be proud of. Guru Nanak Dev Ji taught us that we should integrate with society and that's how we do it. Open your dara (for guys) and to our Singhnia wear your dastaars to work and talk to people, integrate and help them. Your colleagues will then look up to you and admire Sikhs! They will tell their friends and their friends will tell their friends that Sikhs are great people! Guru Nanak Dev Ji inspired them well!

If I saw a Singh or Singhni doctor in hospital I would defo want them to treat me! Hold successful positions because that will give us levy in this country by which we can make our voices heard by the public and government and have a hand in literally making this world a better place... You think you're wasting your time going to school? I don't think so! Look at the bigger picture.

Satnam :WW:

I agree with you Gabroo bai and that wasn't my point. All am trying to say is that telling someone that if he/she doesn't study they'll be janitors is one disgusting statement.

Not everyone can become a doctor or have some high profile job. Not everyone is granted the resources to get proper education. People should think before making ridiculous comments.