Punjabi Girl Marries A Tamil In Court

Guest Sadhu singh

Guest Jacfsing2

By Sikh, do you mean born in Sikh people, or people who have /willingly/ initiated to Sikhi?

Amritdharis don't do any of most of the things she's mentioned, (it's all them Hindus in Punjab as well as Muslims making us look bad,)

Amritdharis don't do any of most of the things she's mentioned, (it's all them Hindus in Punjab as well as Muslims making us look bad,)

Amritdharis are not the only Sikhs. Don't we have sehajdharis, moneh etc?

It is not like only Hindus and Muslims make Sikhs look bad.

Most Amritdharis are better. Although stray incidents involving Amritdharis have also happened. One usually expects an Amritdhari to be far more decent and respectable. I think if it is about Amritdharis then finding right match is a problem because very few are Amritdharis. Both Amritdhari men and women struggle to find a good match. Rest of Sikhs are not always willing to go through discipline of Amritdharis or take Amrit themselves so maybe this is why an Amritdhari finds it difficult to find a proper match. (Admittedly this is a problem that not many boys or girls are willing to take Amrit or follow all discipline associated with it)

Within Amritdharis also we have problems if parents want groom or bride to be from a specific jatha! One of my relatives rejected many proposals for his son simply because the girls had not had "their kind of Amrit".

If I have to use that example then difficulty in finding the most appropriate match is going to be even greater.

Thanks for telling that why so many parents worry much more about sons career than daughters, they know that their 10th pass daughter will even find a spouse but to find a partner for their son he needs to be very successful.

And if worldly success is so important these days then people should stop doing dikhawa of Sikhi. If a guy cut his hair for Career so many curse him, but if that same guy become successful then the same person become first choice for marriage over some less successful keshdhari guy

Of course education and proper job, are important!

But how can you drag Sikhi in this? Is it not possible to be a proper Sikh yet also well educated and having a good job?

You say parents are worried about sons' education. Really? Given the way boys are lagging behind or leaving education these days it does not seem like their parents are worried about their education. There is lot of anti intellectualism and less emphasis on education. Rather I have seen that even the boy who wants to study further or at a top institution, is discouraged by his family (IIT padh ke ki lena hai? Ithe local college hi padh le!)

Parents think son just needs to earn as soon as possible and there is no need to focus much on education!

Education levels do matter and they greatly affect compatibility also. This is why I stand by my comment on 10th pass boys and post grad girls.

Since this thread is about Tamil, I think we need to learn from South Indians. Their men and women have far better literacy and education compared to rest of India. Even their housewives are more educated, erudite, articulate and well read than our women. Yet those people are also strong in their culture. One can see how even at top institutions like IIT, ISRO etc their men and women will be dressed in simple, traditional way. They are not into show off or haughty behaviour despite all their obviously superior intellect.

Instead of bashing them as kallus or something, we should also learn from the good qualities they have. Their focus on education, reading, intellect, their devotion to their language and culture are exemplary. They are so devoted to education that they do not hesitate to study further even at middle age, or pursue additional courses to further improve their career.

Why only Sikhs? I feel all Northies should at least take this quality from Southies.

I am sure we can also be GurSikhs, cultured and attain good education, good positions in jobs or business, develop intellectually and spiritually.

Like it or not but a solid education and job profile take a person's prospects to another level altogether.

I don't think it is anything to be angry about. It is something which should be encouraged.

Guest Jacfsing2

Money, status, and looks.

That's what most Punjabi's prioritise when it comes to finding a partner for their daughter. BTW, the money could originate from a non-professional, blue-collar line of work, but as long as the fruits are plentiful, they don't really care.

That's pretty much true for all manmukhs, not just Punjabi folk. Most Gurmukhs also care somewhat for those 3 things; however, they are not the deciding factor, (though still important).