Trimming

Guest Trimmer_Singh

Trimmed mucha and long dhara is common look amongst Muslim men.
100% right! Only Muslims trim muchhaan because the water they drink isn't supposed to touch their muchhaan.

why is that?
They say the water gets polluted or something.

it gets polluted and they still drink it or.... it gets polluted when it touches their moustache? they dont have that much sabji stuck there do they?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only trim my moustache because I just feel nasty if it isn't trimmed. Like when I eat it just gets in the way. When my moustache is very short I feel so clean and wonderful. I don't care if my dhari is long because it doesn't get in the way. I know trimming is against sikhism, but can anyone offer another solution?

Thanks!

This is has been discussed before but i would like to say you're hair is all the same no matter where it is on the body. We should respect Kes so why not the moustache? Why do the half - job and not the full.

Guest trimmed_singh

Well these responses made me wanna trim it more lol. And the part about this being a fake thread was just silly. Basically if I have kept my mucha for nearly 10 years and started trimming about a few months ago and told you it feels ok, then why would someone say that it would grow in wrong? Believe me, if the hair didn't get in my way, I wouldn't mind. And to think I used to pull my mucha just so it would grow in when I was younger and look at me now. blink.gif

I only trim my moustache because I just feel nasty if it isn't trimmed. Like when I eat it just gets in the way. When my moustache is very short I feel so clean and wonderful. I don't care if my dhari is long because it doesn't get in the way. I know trimming is against sikhism, but can anyone offer another solution?

Thanks!

SHABASH nice excuse sardara. bhut vadia bhut vadia r u really a singh. dude listen if u think it is ok to cut ur muchan and it is hard to stop that. i think u r allowed to cut ur dari and everything. and i request u my brother plz stop that and accept what guruji gave us or plz plz plz do one think for me. plz cut ur dari and stop doing basti of turban that is not made for ppl like u. thatz our taz ( crown ) not ur kinda pplz. u knoe why i said that cauz i dun wan my young brothers and sisters to c a person like u and say that he is a sikh cauz he has a turban. he is a king cauz he has a turban...noooooooooooooo.

again i request it is not a big deal to keep ur kesh. i have muchan and dari i never trim not even use gel than what is problem with u. plz stop and be a guru da sikh.

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

Well these responses made me wanna trim it more lol. And the part about this being a fake thread was just silly. Basically if I have kept my mucha for nearly 10 years and started trimming about a few months ago and told you it feels ok, then why would someone say that it would grow in wrong? Believe me, if the hair didn't get in my way, I wouldn't mind. And to think I used to pull my mucha just so it would grow in when I was younger and look at me now. blink.gif

well then that ur karam veer jee..........and just because summat "feels good" dont make it right.......a kaami can say " i sleep with six different women every week cos it "feels good""...get my point? rolleyes.gif .............................

veer jee plz dont do beadbi of ur kes...............its happneing all too often.....................

when u do something wrong..........nothing will stop you...............when u wanna do summat right........everything will try and stop you...................but when u can distiguish between right and wrong and demonstrate that in ur actions..........the worlds becomes a happier place............ :)

I have seen many Singhs who brush their mucchah to the sides.

1. Join thumb and forefinger of right hand together.

2. Apply this to the centre point of the upper lip.

3. Spread the forefinger and thumb apart thus brushing away any hair from your lips.

4. Repeat ad infinitum until all moustache hair is away from the lips.

See them doing it all the time. Nothing wrong with it.

well then that ur karam veer jee..........and just because summat "feels good" dont make it right.......a kaami can say " i sleep with six different women every week cos it "feels good""...get my point? rolleyes.gif .............................

bad example young children look at this site!