Are Monai Considered Sikh

Kharku

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no... bein a Sikh is more then bein amritdharee... its also the way we live.. the pyaar we have for Akaal Purakh, and everybody around us... our actions... our thoughts... they all must be as a Guru Wala Sikh would have... also, not to forget daily recitation of bani and simran... seva.... sangat... living a truthful and riteous life... 'vand kay shakna'.. (and a lot more then wha i've jus listed)

for example... there's an 'amritdharee' who has nothing but hate for other religions, and has immense amount of greed.... wud u say that person is a SIKH?? i would hope not...

being a Sikh is WAY more then wearing a Dastaar and Kirpaan.. what use is wearing a KIRPAAN if ur not living by it? "Kirpa" and "Aan" is what makes up a Kirpaan... tha's how we must live our lives...

taking Amrit is ONE (huge) step in the direction of becoming a Guru Wala Sikh...

There's an interesting pattern I always notice. The turbaned Sikhs that are the most critical, excluding, (and downright hateful) of monai Sikhs tend to also be, deep down, the most insecure about their appearance/choice. Those that are completely comfortable in their bana are usually more inclusive. I also notice that it's the younger turbaned Sikhs in their teens that show the most hate/resentfulness, but again, insecurity and resentment issues could be said for ANYONE at that age so I wouldn't pay much mind to their opinions as they need to grow up and mature mentally anyway.

I think to be a sikh, firstly, you need to see guru granth sahib ji as your guru. After that, as long as your learning something (or being a sikh - the literal translation) and practising all lessons/teachings you learn without being biased or choosing which to follow, then your a sikh.

I think definition doesn't judge based on how far you've gone down the path of sikhi. Just as long as your heading down the path. I guess people who's sikhi is stagnant aren't really trying to learn anything and therefore can't be called sikhs.

What do you guys think?

Guest peacemaker
so would you guys consider Mardana a sikh, who believed in Guru Nanak as his true Guru and served him through out his entire life.

Yes? Are you saying we shouldn't?