Amrit

Guest random_bibi

Guest random_bibi

Waheguru ji..

Just a quick question : when do you truly know when your ready for amrit?

most people train towards amrit for like 2/3 years huna and i've been keepin kesh/doing path since Aug.. i want to BADLY take amrit in April.Many plp have said when guru ji bless's you then take it.. but how will i know when im truly ready??

The last i want to do is rush into anything. So is there anything more i should be doing? Anything that i need to defoo know before i take amrit e.g paath of by heart?history?...

PLEASE i need some good advice from the sangat..

thanks in advance.x

**WAHEGURU**

i wanted to take it when i was 16. but i was far too immature and didnt know enough about sikhi. i kept saying to myslef ill take it ill take it. but never really got round to it. went sixth form, then uni im now 22 and took it about 6 months ago. i dont know what made me do it it was just on impulse. one day i was thinking-god is the only person thats been there for me all the time and i wanted to repay him. so i just decided to do it spoke to a friend and we did it together which helps a lot. i was scared at first about doing something wrong but god helps you loads. i could not be happier.

in summary go with your impulses!!!!!

over and out surjit

gurfateh penjji iits gr8 that u wana take khande-ki-phul dats fantastic :D ive been amritdari for ova 6mnths nw n here are a few pointers i wud recommend:

1) have PUKKA amritvela i.e gettin up on time EVERYDAY doin ishnaan, simran, and obviously ur nitnem}

2) perosnally learn ur nitnem of by heart ppl myt thhink im a bit extreme but if u learn ur nitnem of by heart u hav no excuse 2 miss a SINGLE amritvela n it makes ur life a LOT easier lol

3) hav u told ur parents cz dey deserve 2 no

4) wen i took amrit i spent a year gettin used 2 the lifestyle i.e gettin up havin hair wash EVERYDAY lol n den doin sum simran den my nitnem hunna cz u need 2 b able 2 get up lol

5) make sure u keepin all kakkars on u ALL the time so make sure ur keshki is solid wen u sleep, able 2 showa/bathe wid ur kirpan n keshki ETC

sorry if i have been very blunt n strict but givin ur head 2 guru ji is the biggest step a person can take in there life, also ppl "break" there amrit bcoz there nt used 2 da life style n which is a shame realli. so my adive is BENTI u try n follow these guide lines as much as u can cz this is wat a singh 4m india told me wen i was young n he is a SOLID singh man lol. VADA KATA BHUL CHUK MAAF KARNI gurfateh

wjkk wjkp i was in the same situation a couple of years ago and i seeked advice from another gursikh and he told me that take amrit as soon as possible because ur making mistakes ( which was before i was amrit dhari) and for sure u'll make mistakes after u take amrit but ur better of making mistakes being a amrit dhari rather than nott of course we all occassionaly miss amrit vela and make small mistakes but hey thats life mistakes are there to be learnt from as long as it aint a bujjer kureht, and the minute u take amrit dude that works wonders man maharaj does kirpa himself

taking amrit is like taking that step towards maharaj and maharaj will tke 1000 steps back at you

there an amrit sanchar this sat if ya really wanna do it

or in december at baba ji's barsi

take amrit whenever you feel ready. . however remember our days are numbered so u dnt want to wait to long cus u dnt know how long you here for. . .do ardaas . .take hukamnama. . . next amrit sanchaar is nov 10th 4pm and smethwcik gng. . .after that its at brahm giani baba thakur singh jees barsi. . .regular amrit sanchaars happen at various plzces including soho road, oldbury etc etc. more info pm me. fateh.

you get more benefit after getting amrit than before. so as soon as you can keep basic rahit, i mean you keep all punj kakaar ang sang at all times, and can do seven daily banis, than get amritshuk. don't delay.

you're benefit in doing simran is huge after amrit, before it's COMPARITIVELY much smaller.