Sikh Bibian And Jewelery

RKang17

i think heera singh put it very nicely...

by the way...Techno Singh....it is useless and i would even venture to say outright WRONG to post ilahi, sachkhandi bani in order to prove some point (which you don't really have) without doing vichar of the bani to show how it actually is relevant...

the bani you have posted nowhere says it is wrong to wear jewellery...it is saying it is ALL useless IF the seed of naam doesn't not inhibit the body....without Naam everything is useles...With naaam, everything becomes beautiful....

so jewellery or not...is a PERSONAL CHOICE....

people are saying that it's wrong because it's not needed.....that's a very very childish argument... wouldn't stand up in any court in any land....well maybe in india...where everything is corrupt anyway...

and to Akj_4eva_akj....to simply post and say "No cuz it's wrong" is a waste of your time and everyone else who had to read that post....a) because it was not a bright conclusion...b) you offered no giyaan from gurmat ithaas or gurbani to enlighten anyone...

i konw you can do better than that...invite you to post bani with some vichar that says you're not allowed to wear jewellery...

what a stupid comment at the end of rimmel's post...

"there is no need to do it, which is why you don't do it"....what a load of fecal matter....

if you don't think there's a need for it...then you don't have to do it...but to take the premise that there's no need for it...and arrive at the conclusion that therefore you (the general population of sikhs) don't do it....is unfounded...

sometimes i wish the posters on forums would take courses on logical reasoning....our discussions would be a lot more fruitful....

also...rimmel...in asa di // guru sahib states this whole WORLD is KOOR...everything from our material wealth to the closest of relations....is all KOOR....have you thought about why he says this???

and at the same time he talks about BISMAADH...

the key thing that changes everything from being koor...to being bismaadhi is naam...

SIKHI TALKS ABOUT NAAAM....not petty dos and don'ts...

sikhi talks about love and how to LIVE in love...that is what our rehit is based on...our rehit is a gift from our guru...not a set of ritualistic dos and donts

it is erroneous and BLASPHEMY to try to make sikhi into a narrowminded "religion" that is against such a simple act of wearing jewellery...

what i'm sure of is sikhi being against the practice of NOT DOING VICHAR ON BANI, then sitting at a computer and telling people what is okay and what isn't okay, without basing it on gurmat ithaas or gurbani.....almost reminds me of what pandits were doing when guru nanak graced the earth...

RImmell...

you just said we don't cut our hair cuz there's no need....

waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru....

please do sangat with gurmukhs, please find their sanctuary and learn from khojis of gurbani...

that is my benti to you as a veer....

the need for hair is explained through our gurmat ithaas and gurbani itself also talks about the role of hair...

the hair is also a kakkar...a gift of our guru to his sikhs....

please do vichar and research into HAIR... read what bhai randhir singh ji has to say on the subject, read what prof puran singh ji has to say about hair, many gurmukhs have shared gurmat vichar about kesh...

it is NOT..i repeat NOT.. kept because there is No need to cut it....it is KEPT because there is a NEED to Keep them...