Sikh Bibian And Jewelery

RKang17

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh ji

nahhh bibiya shdnt wear jewellry!!! .... what is the need of it? ... more attachment in the world?

shud be plain and simple, dress up as much as u want with shaster but jewellry no.. dsnt make one tyar by tyaar!!!

also guru arjan dev ji's wife mata ganga ji , came up to him(he knew one day she will ) about jewellry as all the other bibiyan said your the wife of a king why do you not wear jewels etc? ... she came to ask maharaj ji and he wrote the bani AKHRI MAHALA 5!!! ....

we dont need jewelryy!! :lol:

BHULL CHUKK MAAF!

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

no jewlerry!!!! very bad! NAUGHTY...VERY NNAUGHTY!

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=2146

------------------------------------------------------------------

AMmwlI hau KrI sucjI qY sh eyik n Bwvw ]

a(n)maalee ho kharee suchajee thai seh eaek n bhaavaa ||

O friend, I may look very attractive, but I am not pleasing to my Husband Lord at all.

mwiT guMdweNØI ptIAw BrIAY mwg sMDUry ]

maat(h) gu(n)dhaaea(n)aee patteeaa bhareeai maag sa(n)dhhoorae ||

I have woven my hair into lovely braids, and saturated their partings with vermillion;

------------------------------------------------------------------

eyqy vys krydIey muMDy shu rwqo Avrwhw ]

eaethae vaes karaedheeeae mu(n)dhhae sahu raatho avaraahaa ||

In spite of all the decorations which you have made, O soul-bride, your Husband Lord is enjoying someone else.

nw mnIAwru n cUVIAw nw sy vMguVIAwhw ]

naa maneeaar n choorreeaa naa sae va(n)gurreeaahaa ||

You don't have the bracelets of gold, nor the good crystal jewelry; you haven't dealt with the true jeweller.

jo sh kMiT n lgIAw jlnu is bwhVIAwhw ]

jo seh ka(n)t(h) n lageeaa jalan s baaharreeaahaa ||

Those arms, which do not embrace the neck of the Husband Lord, burn in anguish.

siB shIAw shu rwvix geIAw hau dwDI kY dir jwvw ]

sabh seheeaa sahu raavan geeaa ho dhaadhhee kai dhar jaavaa ||

All my companions have gone to enjoy their Husband Lord; which door should I, the wretched one, go to?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=137

iqRsnw lwgI ric rihAw AMqir haumY kUir ]

thrisanaa laagee rach rehiaa a(n)thar houmai koor ||

They are engrossed in clinging desires; within their hearts there is ego and falsehood.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

most importantly of all!!! this is the only jewl everyone should use!!

rqn jvyhr mwixkw AMimRqu hir kw nwau ]

rathan javaehar maanikaa a(n)mrith har kaa naao ||

The Ambrosial Name of the Lord is a Gem, a Jewel, a Pearl.

Guest peacemaker

Some of you could get your point across better by using kinder words. If you write "NAUGHTY" and "Bad" with a ton of these ---> "!!!", people are liable to miss what you're saying because of all the shouting. Please don't talk to down to people is all I'm saying.

Your name doesn't start or finish with perfect the last time I checked.

I just got the right end of my right eye(where the eyebrow ends) pierced. The lil khanda there dangles wid the breeze :lol:

ps: why was this moved to the general section?? This has been discussed like aa million times. Lagda mod vi swad lennde aa panga pa ke tongue.gif

whats the point of just giving up jewelery when your mind is still attracted to it, that's nothing but pakhand. we can do all we want on the outside but without having it inside its nothing but pakhand. that's what guru sahib is strictly opposed to

we show we are simple from outside, but inside we think otherwise

and bandey wear jewelery too grin.gif

okay... nobody buy name brand clothes... for those peepz who say no... throw away all your name brand clothes... ladies, throw away dem purses... don't wear any deoderant/perfume... don't drive a nice car....i guess y'alll better throw away dem kicks (name brand shoes)... fellas, no more top of the line gear... no nice cars... in fact.... maybe we shud all jus scrap our cars and walk everywhere... or better yet, buy a horse and travel like that!

and maybe we shud throw away our nice computers... all our nice clothes... our ipods... our cell phones.. and any other accessories that we have around...

nowhere in bani does it say we're not allowed to wear jewellery...

the essence that bani tells us is not to get caught up in wordly things... don't get attached to them.. buh that can be attributed to anything... our cell phones.. our clothes.. our cars.. etc.. etc..

do we we need 'nice' and 'name brand' clothes??? do we need to be rinding around in BMWs and other fancy cars? do we all need crazy computers? what about ipods and mp3s? or the latest and most high tech cell phones?? wha bout dem big screen t.v.'s and dvd players? or dem fancy digital cameras??

there's a diff between necessities, and accessories which are things that make us 'feel better' about ourselves...

i never once said there was a need for jewellery... buh then again there's nah a need for a lot of things we use everyday and that we have in our homes...

my point, which u seemed to have missed, is that we can sit here and say 'jewellery is bad' blah blah... buh i's nah the accessory itself tha's bad... i's our mind and intention... i's when we get too caught up in these things and become too attached...

i personally don't see a need for jewellery or makeup or netin of tha sort.. in fact i tink makeup is disgusting.. buh... that doesn't mean i'm AGAINST it or that i think i's against sikhi...