Sikh Bibian And Jewelery

RKang17

Guest peacemaker

This thread is like the most hijacked ever. Gone way off topic, so I will just add that I am off from work for a few days now and am looking forward to kicking my feet up and being a lazy bum!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!

This thread is like the most hijacked ever. Gone way off topic, so I will just add that I am off from work for a few days now and am looking forward to kicking my feet up and being a lazy bum!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!

thanks giving?

is that where americans have turkey for dinner?

co0o0o00llllllll..so you guys approve of it.. somebody is going shoppin todayyyyyy :lol: but.. won't tht look weird whn i go to the girly store to get this stuff?? :@

gotta find a gurl to purchase that for me

4get lipgloss.... get glycerine. from ur chemist............it really works!

Actually,

the conclusion, based on all the points brought up in the thread would be...

Sikhi doesn't specificlly state whether to wear jewellery or not. It is a matter of personal choice. If you feel that wearing the jewellery doesn't affect your ability to simran, seva, sangat and doesn't make you unbalanced in your thoughts, then it would be fine for you. There are people here who are not at an avastha where they can wear jewellery and thus don't wear it...some go as far to call it pointless and ugly..that is there perogative...

and simple singhni....you told someone not to wear jewellery cuz you think it looks crap...what if someone thought someone's damalla looked like crap? someone's outfit? someone's car... people like you are the prime example of hypocritical "gursikhs" who claim that all this physical beautifying is wrong, but then turn around and make comments on the "look" of it...

sorry just passing by, like to posts my thoughts on this topic from previous posts i made on this:

We are soo used to see sikh women and even sikh men being in warrior type portray that we forgot that some can dress up like raja -ie Raja Janak and someone can dress up like - (Raja Hari Chand wife's) Rani Tara and still be "Bhramgyani". Bhai Gurdas Ji talks about them.. look it up.

In Sukhmani Sahib there is a tuk- Raj Mein Raja, Jog Mein Jogi.....

If you are thinking that only sikh women with keski with no make up can get passport to sachkhand darbar then you are mistaken.

We got figures both male and female who were king/queen and dressed up like king/queen but still leen in Vahiguroo (merge with God).

And if gurbani has accepted them not because how they dress up like but because of karni/bandagi towards Vahiguroo then

"Who are we to say otherwise"?

Bhai Gurdas Ji says referring to raja janak-

"Gurmukh Maya vich udasi"

Fact that you have figures who were king and queen but still were fakirs in Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and the fact you got figures who were in full bana in Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and in Sikh History shows "diversity in the panth" ..

//

- Rani tara dressed up as "queen", and existed long time before than sri guru nanak dev ji came. If gurbani accepts her, does upma of her karni of her naam jap, bairaag despite of her outer kriya, who are we to say women need to look certain way in order to accepted in dargah?

- Gurmukh Maya Vich udasi gurbani quote. if you learn the whole context of that shabad by bhai gurdas ji, you will come to know this label- gurmukh maya vich udasi is reffered to Raja Janak... yes same the king raja janak, who was surronded by maya, he took part in worldly duties, dressed up like a king, had multiple wives(raniya) but still he was bairaagi. He was udasi(nirlaip from the maya). He didn't do any karam khandi acts like - do certain things certain way, adapted certain dress in his bhagti marg.

Bhai Gurdas Ji Varan:

suK rwjy hrIcMd Gr nwr su qwrw locn rwxI]

King HariChand had a queen with beautiful eyes, Tara, who had made his home the abode of comforts.

sukh raajae hareechandh ghar naar s thaaraa lochan raanee||

Line 1

swD sMgiq iml gWvsy rwqIN jwie suxY gurbwxI]

At night she would go to the place where in the form of holy congregation, would recite the holy hymns.

saadhh sangath mil gaanvasae raatheen jaae sunai gurabaanee||

Line 2

ipCoN rwjw jwigAw A`DI rwq inKMf ivhwxI]

After she had left, the King awoke in the middle of the night and realised she had gone.

pishhon raajaa jaagiaa aadhhee raath nikhandd vihaanee||

Line 3

rwxI ids n AwveI mn ivc vrq geI hYrwxI]

He could not find the Queen anywhere and his heart filled with astonishment

raanee dhis n aavee man vich varath gee hairaanee||

Line 4

horqu rwqIN au~TkY cilAw ipCY qrl juAwxI]

The following night he followed the young queen.

horath raatheen outhakai chaliaa pishhai tharal juaanee||

Line 5

rwxI phuqI sMgqIN rwjy KVI KVWau nIswxI]

The queen reached the holy congregation and the King lifted one of her sandals from there (so that he could prove the infidelity of the queen).

raanee pahuthee sangatheen raajae kharree kharraano neesaanee||

Line 6

swD sMgiq AwrwiDAw joVI juVI KVwauN purwxI]

When about to go, the queen concentrated upon the holy congregation and the one sandal became a pair.

saadhh sangath aaraadhhiaa jorree jurree kharraaoun puraanee||

Line 7

rwjy ifTw cilq ieh KVWv hY coj ivfwxI]

The king upheld this feat and realized that there her matching sandal was a miracle.

raajae ddithaa chalith eih kharraanv hai choj viddaanee||

Line 8

swD sMgq ivthu kurbwxI ]ö]

I am sacrifice unto the holy congregation.

saadhh sangath vittahu kurabaanee ||a||

lets just answer this simple question

why would one want to wear jewelery?

what is its intent?

it doesnt work like tht "ticket to sachkhand" no1 has a ticket to sach khand, you have to work on your own jeevan and hope guru maharaaj does kirpa on you

how is wearing jewerly going to help you in your sikhi?

jeweley on a gursikh does look "ugly" in the sense it doesnt look normal, it is not part of the roop of a khalsa.