The Future Of Guru Ka Langar

Akaali

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fateh ji

The aunties at the gurdwara dont trust me to do anything other than chorpar the rotia. I suppose its something though!

VJKK VJKF

Lol, that's funny man. Wait a few more years, become an expert in being able to place just the right amount of geeio on the roti, just enough so that it's neither drenched or dry. Then you can get to have a go on the belna and rolling the rotis! Either that or you can use your new found expertise in chopring the rotian to teach a new trainee!

I can do it all paaji! I do it when der aint many people there but as soon as the "pro" bibia come... Im summoned to the itt of butter =[ lol. They honestly dont let anyone else attept to do it.

Many Gurughar's Auntiaan encourage Youth to get involved ... Ex. Kitchener Gurudwara Sahib in Ontario respect.gif ... The Youth prepare Langar to bring to the University for Everyone on campus and let everyone know what Guru Ka Langar is:

post-2018-1195748694.jpg

post-2018-1195748765.jpg

post-2018-1195748838.jpg

post-2018-1195748978.jpg

Just thought I'd share some amazing things that Youth & Gurughars are involved in to ensure that the future youth are aware of the importance that Guru Ka Langar has within Sikhi. :TH:

Yes active learning sounds like a good idea.

I learnt to make sabjia from my mother. Enough for me to eat but not something I'd give to other people, even if I didn't like them. :lol:

I always used to get told off for doing something wrong eveytime I tried to do seva, to the point that it's put me off completely. I now just sit back in the main hall after langar and do simran until it's time to go home.

I've seen bibian and kids helping to make langar, though it ends up being chips and beans with pasta. Not very nutritious but if it helps the kids participate, I'm not going to complain.