If You Were Made Jathedaar Of Akaal Takht Saaheb...

Akaali

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bhai sant singh jee

Giani ji as well as being the Jathedar of Damdami Taksal was the Head Granthi (Priest) of Sri Harmandir Sahib. They would always make themselves available to talk with and discuss issues with any Gursikh who would come and see them. They would also take part in the seva of cleansing the Parkarma (outer path), picking up the droppings of birds with their own hands. They would also pick up any hair and burn them as per the Rehat Maryada (Code of Conduct) of a Gursikh. Giani ji would do Seva of Sri Guru Ram Das Sahib ji's Darbar (Court) with much passion. They had such great discipline that even when one of their grandsons passed away they still didn't miss any of their daily Seva.

damdamitaksal.com

maybe have a chardi kalla jeevan, that ppl will just learn by looking at what you do. may maharaj do kirpa and grant us good times in the near futuree. raaj karega khalsa

FIRST OF ALL I WILL BOYCOTT BADAL FROM PANTH, BUT YOU KNOW HE CAN ANNOUCE A NEW JATHEDAR IN THIS SITUATION.

YOU CANT DO ANYTHING TILL BADAL IS HERE.

BUT STILL I WILL BOYCOTT HIM.

I WILL REMOVE ALL GRANTHEES / PAATHEES WHO NEVER TOOK PROPER SANTHYEA FROM GOOD TAKSAL AND FROM LARIWAR SWAROOP AND I WILL GIVE JOBS TO THE SINGHS WHO HAVE TAKEN PROPER SANTHEYA AND KNOW MEANINGS OF GURBANI.

I WILL REMOVE ALL RAAGIS FROM DARBAR SAHIB WHO DO NOT KNOW KIRTAN IN RAAGS, COZ DARBAR SAHIB'S MARYADA IS CLASSICAL KIRTAN.

I WILL GIVE FUNDS TO WHOLE GURDWARAS AND WILL TAKE ALL LOCAL GURUDWARA UNDER SGPC AND REMOVE ALL PRESIDENTS OF GURUDWARAS WHO ARE PATIT AND NON AMRITDHARI.

BAN ON BAND BAJA AND DRUMS IN NAGAR KIRTAN.

BAN ALL DHARMIK SONGS ON BY PATITS AND ALL SONGS WHICH ARE MEANINGLESS.

I WILL GIVE SCHOLARSHIP TO ALL SABAT SOORAT STUDENTS.

OPEN NEW SIKH INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES IN ALL COUNTRIES.

AND MUCH MORE THINGS COZ TOO MUCH CHANGE IS NEEDED BUT BEFORE ALL THAT I WILL TRY TO BE A GURSIKH.

• 3 weeks later...

"If You Were Made Jathedaar Of Akaal Takht Saaheb..., what would you do?"

I'd do what any other self-respecting Sikh leader would do. Initiate an expensive project (typically the building of a new Gurdwara) giving my family members the top jobs with over inflated wages and then secretly siphon off some of the Sangats donations to build my big kotee somewhere in the Punjab. Then quietly step down from my chair and 'disappear', leaving any financial debts to the Sangat.