Every Gurdwara All Over The World Should Install Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale's Picture

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^There are people who don't consider em as Sant. You can't force em to use Sant before their name.

which is the problem. many many mahapurks even call sant ji by sant ji.

and then we have people who dont even know jap ji sahib by heart, but feel that sant ji was not a sant, lol

maybe we need to do more sukhmani sahib, and read what it says about sants, and how you supposed to respect em.

Guest peacemaker
I agree, we shouldn't force anyone to call him Sant or look down on them if they don't call him Sant. A name is just a temporary title for this life, anyway.

its about the respect man.

ok, if you think of it like that, name is temporary, then would call guru ji by just Gobind?

There is a difference between Sant and Guru, that's why. To me, guru is one who has merged with waheguru. They are one and the same. Have I not shown the utmost respect for Sant ji when talking about him on this forum? Tell me if I haven't.

Guest peacemaker
oh what makes a sant a sant? or should we think about who makes a sant a sant, is it not through kirpa of that guru?

Hmm, not sure about that, but all I know is that a Sant isn't on the same level as a Guru otherwise they would be called Guru and not Sant, right? However, I would get offended if someone, who knew anything at all about sikhi, just called Guru Gobind Singh, "Gobind Rai".

Guest peacemaker
ok how about calling bhai mani singh jee just mani singh, or baba deep singh jee just deep singh, or even baba budha jee just budha jee. . .wudnt that be disrespectful?

It would. I'm just saying you can't force anyone to call someone that.