Every Gurdwara All Over The World Should Install Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale's Picture

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not remember our beloved praatan shaheeds like Baba Deep Singh jee or other gurmukh pyaare from the time of our gurus that we have read so much about and got inspiration from to get into sikhi in the first place, why not showcase their kurbaaNee and the principles and values they fought for? I'm not saying what Babajee fought for wasn't the same, but I feel that we can get further if we do parchaaar of our praatan history more.
I meant if people are going to put anything up on the walls of a gurdwara, then the best thing would be "paintings" of sikh gurus or GURBANI, of course.

Both are excellent suggestions. Just to add to them, how about a nice room . .something like you would see in a museum.. with paintings on the walls .. will explanations underneath?? Something that explains the significance of each painting .. .I know it would be near IMPOSSIBLE to write down the countless amazing sakhis of our Gurus, inspirational Singhs/Singhniaan, Sikh History, Shaheeds, but a brief overview that will inspire everyone to go do research and broaden their minds and gain inspiration, see them as role models. Having said that, I think having Sant Ji's picture within this Museum type room should be a possibility.. an inspiration to many.. but so are all of our Gurus... most of our youth know the names and that hey "Mata Bhag Kaur Ji... whoa ... symbol of equality" (I personally see her as an inspiration and am not saying she isn't one) but how many of us know sakhis of Mata Khivi Ji? She was also a symbol of equality ... an inspiration for all Sikhs ... there are so many figures in Sikhi that can give us inspiration.. .having painting with brief overviews in my opinion is a must for every gurudwara. Have the youth involved. Maybe have an activity for the children where they each pick an inspirational individual within our history..write up a brief overview... and be creative ... have a picture on construction paper that they researched on the internet... give them each half a bristol board each ... after they're done .. put their projects in the museum room, or if the gurughar doesnt have that, in the langar hall.. the children learn something .. the parents learn while eating... we're getting the youth involved ... and there's that personal touch .. that pyaar .. that goes along with each inspiration .. which is also an inspiration in itself .. .sorry for rambling on and on .. just a couple of thoughts ... soo .. .to finish ... in response to the original topic .. Gurughars all over the world should install Sant Ji's picture along with a brief overview.. some quotes... some history ... as well as paintings/overviews of many other countless individuals within our history!!

Ek Onkar Satnam

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Its a great idea as it will send a clear message that the entire Khalsa or Sarbat Khalsa stand together on this issue, it would be even greater if Gurdwara Sahibs installed pictures of shaheeds aswell. Its amazing how even just a picture of a Sant Ji can achieve, really powerful stuff. God honours those who worship him.

Gurfateh Ji

Ek Onkar Satnam

Its a great idea as it will send a clear message that the entire Khalsa or Sarbat Khalsa stand together on this issue, it would be even greater if Gurdwara Sahibs installed pictures of shaheeds aswell. Its amazing how even just a picture of a Sant Ji can achieve, really powerful stuff. God honours those who worship him.

Gurfateh Ji

You are uneducated and don’t have a understanding of Sikhi

Its amazing how even just a picture of a Sant Ji can achieve, really powerful stuff

Yeh that is is amazing. ohmy.gif

Since Guruji says that merley seeing the TRUE GURU, one is not liberated.

siqgur no sBu ko vyKdw jyqw jgqu sMswru ]

sathigur no sabh ko vaekhadhaa jaethaa jagath sa(n)saar ||

All the living beings of the world behold the True Guru.

ifTY mukiq n hoveI ijcru sbid n kry vIcwru ]

ddit(h)ai mukath n hovee jichar sabadh n karae veechaar ||

One is not liberated by merely seeing Him, unless one contemplates the Word of His Shabad.

haumY mYlu n cukeI nwim n lgY ipAwru ]

houmai mail n chukee naam n lagai piaar ||

The filth of ego is not removed, and he does not enshrine love for the Naam.

God honours those who worship him.

hir giq imiq krqw Awpy jwxY sB ibiD hir hir Awip bneIAw ]

har gath mith karathaa aapae jaanai sabh bidhh har har aap baneeaa ||

Only the Creator Lord Himself knows the state and condition of everyone; the Lord Himself makes all the arrangements.

instead of having a picture of only sanji ( i do not agree with having pics up in Diwan Hall) - could we not do a room: like one i went to in Bakala - where the entire Sikh history is shown from Guru Nanak Dev Ji to Shaheeds? A lot of Sikh Art was up - explaining how honest living will take you far etc. very good illustrations of some major messages in Gurubani were up in that room.

Could we not get one picture REPRESENTING what happened in the 80's and 90's? No specific photos up - like a symbol. Like I seen pics with gursikhs walking into the sunset and "never forget '84" above them...

Ek Onkar Satnam

hir ky sMq imlhu mnu dyvw jo gurbwxI muiK caudw jIau ]2]

har kae sa(n)th milahu man dhaevaa jo gurabaanee mukh choudhaa jeeo ||2||

I dedicate my mind to those Saints of the Lord, who chant the Word of the Guru's Bani with their mouths. ||2||

Gurfateh Ji

You are uneducated and don’t have a understanding of Sikhi

Ek Onkar Satnam

As you speak for the Sikh Youth of UK you must be right, i am very limited to my knowledge on sikhi. I have always had the understanding that a true sant is the closest and part of waheguru, so to remember such a saint is a great thing.

Gurfateh Ji