Intolerance

Why are today's youth so intolerant?

Recently I was talking to a Singh and he brought up a few controversial issues; we kept talking about it for a while. At the end of our conversation - throughout which, I NEVER told him my personal views, just told him why some Singhs believe what they do - he started bashing Panthic Singhs who are SHAHEED and said that he never wants me to talk to him again. He said all of this because he claimed that I 'doubted' BaaNee.

Throughout the conversation he kept getting frustrated because I 'doubted' the brahmgiani's he mentioned, as well. He kept accusing me of calling them liars. When Singh's - from a different Jathaa - who believed something different were mentioned, he dismissed it, saying that they were wrong.

Now I understand why he may feel hurt that people are doubting what he considers GurbaaNee, but I think he took it way too far. He didn't want to talk to me ever again! Why do the youth do this, when Gursikhs of all Jathaa ignored differences in Rehat and loved/respected each other?

Guest wallace singh

Recently I was talking to a Singh and he brought up a few controversial issues; we kept talking about it for a while. At the end of our conversation - throughout which, I NEVER told him my personal views, just told him why some Singhs believe what they do - he started bashing Panthic Singhs who are SHAHEED and said that he never wants me to talk to him again. He said all of this because he claimed that I 'doubted' BaaNee.

Throughout the conversation he kept getting frustrated because I 'doubted' the brahmgiani's he mentioned, as well. He kept accusing me of calling them liars. When Singh's - from a different Jathaa - who believed something different were mentioned, he dismissed it, saying that they were wrong.

Now I understand why he may feel hurt that people are doubting what he considers GurbaaNee, but I think he took it way too far. He didn't want to talk to me ever again! Why do the youth do this, when Gursikhs of all Jathaa ignored differences in Rehat and loved/respected each other?

Because they'd like to think that they know better, and some of them seem to be spoiling for a fight, perhaps, even any fight. It's impetuousness.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki Fateh G

Its better to stay away from MnMurakhs those who give the first priority to there mind while talking or taking any decision as Maharaj G told us in Aasa Ji Di vaar "Murakhe Naal Na Lujeea ye".

Its better to avoid those ppl

as Maharaj G also told us in Shri Guru Granth Sahib

"Murakha Ser Murakh hai Manneh Nahi Nau"

This is a answer for them as Gurbani told us about the Mehma Upma Vadeaeye Of Brhm Giani in Shri Guru Granth Sahib and in Sukhmani sahib also.

and about Nidea ya also told by Gurbani to us

"Nidee aa Bhali Kise Ki Nahi MnMukh Mugadh Karan Muh Kale Tinna Nidhaka Narake Ghoor Bhavaan"

This whole thing does nt means that sikhs kept quite in front of these types of mnmukhs but its better to keep quite as baba ji told us ki:

"jithe bolaan hareeye tithee changi chup"

but

Khalsa Ji Sach tan Humesha sach He hunda hai Jhooth de chaeeya tan ik Temporary thing hai but truth always exists

Sach Kaal Kurdh varteya Kal Kalikh Betaal eho jaheya souls aa gayea han in this kalyug.

But Always .......................................................

"KUUDH NIKHUTHE NANAKA OUDAAK SACH RAHE"

one shud have a good judgement about the real facts of Gurbani

Waheguru G Ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh G

Such intolerance can be seen even on forums like this and others. It is a habitual reaction of our ego to react with anger when someone doesn't agree to our views. It is our unwilling to listen or even unwilling to consider that perhaps, just perhaps whatever the other person has to might also be true.

you should forward this quote to your friend.

“The disciples are so large of heart that all views of life taken from different angles have some truth for them.

One infinite is comprehended, yet another infinite remains to be understood, and there yet a new infinite. There are myriad of skies, there are myriad of stars and myriads of Nether Regions. There is no end to vastness.

So take up a view and give the seeing of it as you see, to others if you can; but be charitable and forgive them if they do not see as you see. For they, too, are led on the Way by Him who leads you.

This is the spirit of reverence for knowledge. Never talk lightly of efforts that others are making to know God. All are moving on to Him. All progress of soul is towards God. Those of you who are educated should be still more humble…”

Prof. Puran Singh

Spirit of the Sikh – Vol. II, Part I

Intolerance, in SOME of the youth

might as well have just put "people"