• Hindi (100%)
    • Hindi (50%) - English (50%)
    • Others (please state in reply)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so this is what Bapu Ji says - what do you say? tongue.gif

When we were really small we spoke really good Punjabi, nd it was our first language, but since we started going to school our punjabi dropped.

I think it dropped because in school they focus on teaching u guys how to speak english and don't really see if u knoe ur own mothertongue.

So because we as kids always like doing something new we forget that

but getting back to punjabi isn't that really hard it just takes aliitle bit of practice from our part. like when I was little I went to school I learned english and when I came home I was always talking english my mom and dad always told me to speak punjabi but I never really listened.

I went to india and stusied there for a little while and I was forced to speak in punjabi there so now I only speak in punabi with my parents and family but speak in english with friends

older_singh.gif bapu ji says that the theory of different dialects of punjabi is not a theory it is a fact punglish is spoken by a lot of people in the west. lowest os the low singhni really explained the balance of the two words really in detail. Bapu ji says thank you

lol!

When we were really small we spoke really good Punjabi, nd it was our first language, but since we started going to school our punjabi dropped.

This is what happened to me also! At home i speak in english with my brothers and sister, mainly englsh with my dad. my mums from india so i have to speak in punjabi with her, but it seems the more english she learns, the less punjabi i talk blush.gif

older_singh.gif bapu ji says that the theory of different dialects of punjabi is not a theory it is a fact punglish is spoken by a lot of people in the west. lowest os the low singhni really explained the balance of the two words really in detail. Bapu ji says thank you

lol!

This is what happened to me also! At home i speak in english with my brothers and sister, mainly englsh with my dad. my mums from india so i have to speak in punjabi with her, but it seems the more english she learns, the less punjabi i talk blush.gif

wjkk wjkf

bad, very bad

punjabi bolo, punjabi sikho, punjabi pado

wjkk wjkf

from another thread:

Punjabis, speak Punjabi: Nayar

.... veteran journalist Kuldip Nayar said, “Punjabis should feel proud while speaking Punjabi, but here they feel small. I see many Sikh families speaking Hindi.” Citing an example, he said, “We should take a lesson from Punjabis living in Pakistan. They prefer to speak in Punjabi instead of Urdu. Punjabi is not the language of Sikhs or Hindu, but of all Punjabis. Punjabiyat is alive only because of its language.” He clarified that he was not against other languages, but mother tongue should not be forgotten.