A Perfect Hypocrite

Mehtab Singh

This was an interview with a fake who posed as a Sikh. Check out his double standards! What a <banned word filter activated>! My comments are in bold red.

There are many problems Sikh Youth face in the west, however which would you recognize as the most improtant ones that we need to address immediately?

I would say we need to get more people at least accepting the fact that they need to start keeping sikhi saroop (Yeah? and? then what?). Once that happiness (poor grammar), it is only a matter of time that they go for it and eventually take amrit. For that we need massive parchar and awareness camps and programs to be organized (Everyone knows that. Tell us something new you fool!).

One can be tackling current social problems all day and never actually get to the core of the problem. Isn't it better to solve these problems at grass-root level rather than try to help people who may well be a lost cause?

True say! That is why I always feel that little kids should be educated about Sikhi right from the beginning itself and made aware as to what evils are present in society and what all they are going to have to face as they grow up. This way , they can decide for themselves what is right and what is not, what is Gurmat and what is manmat (You're gonna have to teach them Gurbani for that mister, not scare them when they are kids).

You spend little bit of your time online, what are your concerns on growing number of Sikh youth spending lots of time using IM services instead of outdoor activities? Do you think internet helps youth?

I found Sikhi on the net! It helped me a lot. My cyber-sangat is just way too amazing. But at the same time one could be misled by some random stranger with uncertain intentions (You yourself are a bloody random stranger with uncertain intentions! Speak for yourself before pinpointing!). Plus, too much chatting wastes a lot of time that could be used for some other purpose (Really? Look who is talking!). Everything within limits is good.

Whose responsibility is it to tackle the problems of young Sikhs on a broader level?

Firstly, parents have to teach their kids about Sikhi. As kids grow, youth leaders need to take charge and parents have to be involved as well. This time is such that we need more and more parcharaks who can show the light to more and more people.

What do you think are some of the issues we should be concerned with when dealing with the youth?

Try to get them away from drugs, alcohol, and other illicit entertainments (Illicit entertainments? Of all the 6 billion human-like organisms on this planet, YOU are talking against illicit entertainments? You fake!). Make them aware about the sacrifice of our gurus, shaheeds and the glory of Sikh history (If only you yourself had paid any attention). This would inject self esteem, and cultural pride (What the heck is cultural pride? You've been speaking against the ills of Punjabi culture! You got double standards man!) in them and they would be proud to be Sikhs and want to know more.

We heard that you took amrit few weeks ago. Can you tell others how that changed your lifestyle?

I took amrit in August 2004. I want to say that it does change you. Before I never felt that sense of belonging, but now I know for sure that i got someone behind me who will take care of me.

Who is your role model?

Bhai Sahib Bhai Rama Singh Jee! He was born in a Brahmin family like myself (You are a bloody racist scumbag! You didn't need to highlight Bhai Sahib's family's ethnic background and demean his personality), and after I read half of his autobiography( in search of the true guru), I stopped shaving.

Dang! Some people are such huge liars! They never change!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic